S:flo2 impressions thread
Feb 2, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #391 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by gav17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's such little comparition:
Re: Teclast T51 (Nationite S:Flo2) - the DAP for audiophiles!
(trasnlated from the Russian):
"So, Teclast+Shadow+UE11 vs. HM-801.
Hardly it became better, than without the amp, however not great anyway. Instrument separation (but to HM-801 it is still far) has improved, the trebles became a little more soft.
Alas, features of a source (the scene is not well defined, and bright treble) remained."

The comparative rating of DAPs SQ (best ones at the top):
1. HM-801 (maybe alexMod here too).
2. Sony D50.
3. Nationite s:Flo2.
4. Korg MR-1.
5. Sony M10.
6. Microtrack 2.
7 All budget DAPs (Sansa Fuse, Cowon D2/O2/S9/..., iPods, others).

Hi.
I'm looking for a new Mp3 player and I'm wavering betwen the Nationite s:Flo2 and the AMP3 Pro 2 hisoundaudio.
In what position did you think that de Amp3 go in the chart?

cheers
L3000.gif

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #394 of 3,682
Well, I didn't use the AMP3 with those earphones, but they are very similar to a few which I have. It depends on you, but I would probably use the S:Flo instead as it hisses less. With the right synergy, the AMP3 is really, really good, but it is finicky work.

Feb 2, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #396 of 3,682
That is hard to say. Most inner earphones have low Ω and since the AMP3 performs best at higher Ω, it is hard to recommend cheap earphones. You could just get a resistor cable or order an impedance adapter for your senns, but they still will hiss.

The reason I suggest this is: the AMP3 will lose most of its bass resolution while driving 16Ω sennheiser earphones. That means it will boom because bass will not be grounded with highly resolved rumbling.

Adding resistance will help you gain some of that back and remove some hiss. I got a dowin cable from head-direct a couple of years ago and it has been a great purchase. It adds 75Ω.

Feb 2, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #398 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neithan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see... Or I buy a dowin cable, or better earphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Is this cable ok? ->Head-Direct.com | YUIN

Thanks for de advices
smily_headphones1.gif

Wait a little longer if you can. The AMP3 company will have new players soon, I hope most issues will be corrected. If you think you can tolerate "hiss", that's good for you; according to a few PM I got, the hiss is beyond their expectation, they believed they are very hiss-tolerated. However it may not bother you at all.

Feb 2, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #399 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by david1978jp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait a little longer if you can. The AMP3 company will have new players soon, I hope most issues will be corrected. If you think you can tolerate "hiss", that's good for you; according to a few PM I got, the hiss is beyond their expectation, they believed they are very hiss-tolerated. However it may not bother you at all.

I'm not buying it now. I'm new in the audio world so I'm trying to get to learn as match as I can.
dt880smile.png

For now I will stick with the iPod Touch but in a few months will exchange it for AMP3 or a S:flo2 or other...
All the knowledge is very welcome
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #400 of 3,682
Quote:

Hi.
I'm looking for a new Mp3 player and I'm wavering betwen the Nationite s:Flo2 and the AMP3 Pro 2 hisoundaudio.
In what position did you think that de Amp3 go in the chart?

cheers
L3000.gif

I have no chance to listen to the APM3. No idea about its placing in the chart.

Feb 3, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #402 of 3,682
Quote:

I have Sennheiser cx500

I have the phone of CX 500, it is perfectly matched with AMP3. Also Sbulack also find out the CX 500 works well with AMP3 and have no hiss issue. You can PM to him for further consulting.

Hope it can help.

Feb 3, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #403 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by headfever /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the phone of CX 500, it is perfectly matched with AMP3. Also Sbulack also find out the CX 500 works well with AMP3 and have no hiss issue. You can PM to him for further consulting.

Hope it can help.

Thank You, you did
beerchug.gif

Perhaps the hiss not a problem of all Amp3. Or the Amp3 do not hiss at all whith the CX 500
normal_smile .gif

Feb 4, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #404 of 3,682
I would like to inform all S:Flo2 owners about one thing you should absolutely be sure of when you try upgrading S:Flo2's firmware.

When you upgrade, make sure that you use the proper loader that is matched with the firmware version. When you download the new firmware from mp4nation, you will get the new firmware together with the proper loader. Always use them together and do not make the mistake of using your previous loader when uploading any new firmware. If you do, your beautiful S:Flo2 will become a piece of brick.

I made that mistake and it took me to the bottom pit of hell where I waltz danced with the Devil himself..... Now, I am back with my beloved S:Flo2 all alive and delivering blissful music!

I do not want any other fellow head-fiers visiting the Devil like I did. You have been warned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back