S:flo2 impressions thread
Jan 30, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #362 of 3,682
Could somebody please finally tell me if an external amp would improve the quality, would it just make it louder or would it perhaps be worse?

You are saying that line out sounds much better but do you just plug the headphones in there or does anybody use external amp or something else.

Please answer
redface.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #364 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
line out is for plugging it into an amp and then plugging ur phones into that amp

I have decided to buy S:flo2, Sennheiser IE8 and Alo Rx.
If you think that any other amp for under 400$ would do the job better please tell me. Please note that it has to be of similar size to Alo!

Thanks

Jan 30, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #365 of 3,682
Definitely thinking about getting one of these + Amp etc as a home rig, after I get some decent earphones. Unfortunately I don't have the space/means to have a proper CD/vinyl system yet so this'll be the closest I get I guess.

Jan 30, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #367 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prevtzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you think that any other amp for under 400$ would do the job better please tell me. Please note that it has to be of similar size to Alo!

Thanks

dont have experience with any of them. i've actually decided to give up on portable amps for now to keep my rig..well portable. i'm sure others in here can give a much better opinion than i am able to about this.

since it's on preorder i can take some time to think about it..do i want to get 8gb or 16gb :p im kinda tempted to buy the 8gb t51 but its more expensive and i can wait.

Jan 31, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #368 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by prone2phone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
while I was thinking, they were sold out, so don't think too long
smily_headphones1.gif

Thinking basically = getting cash for sen Ie8s first
smily_headphones1.gif
, gonna be a while
darthsmile.gif

Jan 31, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #369 of 3,682
But is this the same sound as from the Teclast T51? How is it different?

I'm wondering why everyone doesn't already have the T51? Is this FLO2 marketed by mp4nation desireable because it is cheaper then what the t51 can be had from say ebay?

I'm really confused because on google I find posts about the T51 from october, and yet the reigning Kings were S9 and the X here. How did it come to be the best sound now?

I definately want the best sound and if it can be had for under 150 I am all for it.

I'm bewildered I guess.

Jan 31, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #371 of 3,682
There's such little comparition:
Re: Teclast T51 (Nationite S:Flo2) - the DAP for audiophiles!
(trasnlated from the Russian):
"So, Teclast+Shadow+UE11 vs. HM-801.
Hardly it became better, than without the amp, however not great anyway. Instrument separation (but to HM-801 it is still far) has improved, the trebles became a little more soft.
Alas, features of a source (the scene is not well defined, and bright treble) remained."

The comparative rating of DAPs SQ (best ones at the top):
1. HM-801 (maybe alexMod here too).
2. Sony D50.
3. Nationite s:Flo2.
4. Korg MR-1.
5. Sony M10.
6. Microtrack 2.
7 All budget DAPs (Sansa Fuse, Cowon D2/O2/S9/..., iPods, others).

Jan 31, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #373 of 3,682
I made a request to the author of this comparition, and that's what I got:
"So, my comparison of Teclast+Shadow+UE11 vs. HM-801.
Teclast achieves a small improvement because of an amp, but sound isn't perfect, though.
What do we get with this bundle: instruments separation is better, but no comparison to HM-801 level in this department, highs are less sparky than without amp.
That's a pity, but Teclast's "smudged" soundstage and sparky highs are in place."

Jan 31, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #374 of 3,682
I had a chance to try s:flo2 LO with minibox e+ (bass on) and RE0 and the synergy is great. It maintains clarity and balance of RE0, but makes its bass response come to life. They are still not for bassheads, low end still lacks a real physical thump, but this combination provides just the right amount of bass to my ears. LO of s:flo2 is amazingly powerful, having PTOS switch off, setting of 2 on the amp is already loud enough.

Feb 1, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #375 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prevtzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks

I'm going with the same setup but with my IEMS. =D
I think It should still be pocketable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back