S:flo2 impressions thread
Jan 25, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #301 of 3,682
Well I just did a pre order for the Feb batch. I doubt this will replace my Zune as my everyday player but it might be fun to play around with and I'm always searching for better SQ.

Hopefully 32GB micro SD cards will start to trickle out and go down in price. With 3 of them I could get more space then my 100Gb modified Zune30.

Jan 25, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #302 of 3,682
How do you think this player would do with The Shadow by Ray Samuels Audio and Sennheiser IE8?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #303 of 3,682
thank you FLACvest for answers,
still dunno which temporal low-cost solution choose - E5 / volume extension cable / or just headphone out?

btw S9s alomed
biggrin.gif
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3111/...2a37c902_o.jpg
s:flo2/T51 has nice display also http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/162/t5105.jpg

from what ive read it seems the s:flo2/T51 battery is
3.7v 2500mAh Li-On battery.
and headphone amp delivers
40mW per channel ! = 80mW

found some chinese reviews with google translations .. its not perfect but you can gather some informations
Google Translate
Google Translate

found some RMAAs done by imp3.net
T51 vs Sony PCM-D50 vs AMP3
- shame they did it with SB live 5.1
frown.gif

LineOut
http://www.pixhost.org/thumbs/374/85...1amp3d50-2.jpg
PhoneOut
http://www.pixhost.org/show/374/858860_t51amp3d50.jpg

Im looking forward when dfkt will buy this DAP for proper RMAA analysis
smily_headphones1.gif

I want my s:flo2 ASAP !!! :p

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #304 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by mangamonster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The amp3 pro2 is my 2nd best DAP. sflo2 is an easy first.

I am interesting on your classed, Could you tell us your reasons? it is personal preference or the matters of the players itself? Thanks.

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #305 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They have different sound signatures, the AMP3 has a thicker richer sound to it while the T51 has a very transparent clear and precise SQ.

They are both great sounding DAP's in my opinion, it all boils down to what your preference is.

Thank for your opinions,ANADIN.

My comparation is AMP3 has more transparent sounds and more precise SQ with every spectrums,especially the bass. The thicker richer sound means AMP3 has more details and tambers. It is easy to distiguish this, You only need to compare listening one passage of violin playing, you will realize which sounds more reality.

Jan 26, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #307 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am interesting on your classed, Could you tell us your reasons? it is personal preference or the matters of the players itself? Thanks.

I'm using both without any external amping on my D2000's. First off, the two are not that much different to my ears, but the sflo2 is better balanced and has more impact overall.

I've been going back and forth between the two for the past hour and these are the major differences I can hear:

sflo2

-Lower, richer bass spectrum. Controlled.
-More of an impact in the lows and mids, does not seem as delicate sounding as the amp3 pro2 though
-Soundstage is about the same, though amp3 seems a tad bit airy
-Articulation is good. Great attack.
-Interface is good, but not great. Lots of fixing to do.

Amp3 Pro2

-Lows are good, but seems slightly lacking. Bass is very controlled, but lacking impact
-mids seems to be lacking compared to sflo2
-highs articulated nicely, though a tad shrill at times
-Soundstage almost the same to me on both DAPs, but the amp3 is a little more layered and airy
-impact is ok, but not as good as sflo2
-sound not as balanced as I would like it to be, big plus for the sflo2
-Interface is ok, but far from great. Lots of fixing to do.

-I found that both have similar detail, but the amp3 wins out by a fraction.

I'm not much of a reviewer, as I'm still very new to audiophile level equipment, but that's the best I can do to describe the differences I hear between the two.

I like the sflo2 a bit more because it has much more presence and balance to my ears, of course, this may change on a different set of cans. There's a nice wow factor when you hear it work altogether. The difference is minimal, but definitely noticeable and suites my tastes well.

My k701's and MK IV were gifted recently to my brother, so I have no way of testing them any longer (need to update sig). BUT, I have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990 600 ohm cans on order and my new Hat Peed Thingee should be arriving any time. Both should be able to nit-pick the differences with much more detail. I'll update here when I get the goods burned in
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #309 of 3,682
Hi I like the sound of this player. Thinking about getting one but how would it match up to my old Sony a3000. Also how dose it compare to the new Sony x series?

Also do u have to use a pc to charge the unit is no charger supplied as this would be a major drawback if on holiday for instance

Cheers.

Jan 26, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #310 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by dbrodie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Also how dose it compare to the new Sony x series?
Cheers.

x2. Have we yet to find anyone that has the Sony X and the S:flo2? Would love to hear someone's comparison.
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #311 of 3,682
So, objectively (no FotM exaggeration, please), how would you guys rank the following players in terms of sound quality?

Cowon S9

Amp3

S:flo2

Sony Walkman X1000

I mainly listen to rock, jazz, and alternative, and my headphones are Grado RS1i's, paired with a Little Dot 2++ hybrid amp.

Jan 26, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #312 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow the iTouch is garbage in comparison!
Can you do the same comparison between S9 and S:flo2?
biggrin.gif

I wish I could :p but dont own any of these, looking forward to s:flo2 though. However, flacvest said that s:flo2 videos looks nicer than on S9 few posts before.

Jan 27, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #313 of 3,682
Sflo2 sounded better than the S9 when i compared the two, but i only used the S9 for about a week before i had to give it back to my friend so i can't say i used it for a very extended period of time. The time i did have it, i found the Sflo2 reproduction to be more lively and real than what i heard from the S9 with the same files.

Jan 27, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #314 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darksyde /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, objectively (no FotM exaggeration, please), how would you guys rank the following players in terms of sound quality?

Cowon S9

Amp3

S:flo2

Sony Walkman X1000

I mainly listen to rock, jazz, and alternative, and my headphones are Grado RS1i's, paired with a Little Dot 2++ hybrid amp.

For me, SQ is priority number 1. For that I require that my DAP be able to play FLAC files flawlessly. Currently, of the DAPs you have mentioned, their FLAC handling ability is as follows:

- No problems with FLAC : S:Flo2, Cowon S9
- FLAC play possible but unstable : Amp3 (from ver.2)
- FLAC not possible : Sony X1000 (wav possible, but larger file size therefore no good)

Therefore, of the above players, Sony X1000 is out of my interest.

Of the DAPs left, there were comments from others saying that they felt the S:flo2 was superior over the Amp3.

"The amp3 pro2 is my 2nd best DAP. sflo2 is an easy first."
by mangamonster

Against the Cowon S9, there was this comment.

"Sflo2 sounded better than the S9 when i compared the two, but i only used the S9 for about a week before i had to give it back to my friend so i can't say i used it for a very extended period of time. The time i did have it, i found the Sflo2 reproduction to be more lively and real than what i heard from the S9 with the same files."
by pxl1500

I have also personally compared my S:flo2 against my Cowon D2 (which is considered to have better SQ than S9), and I felt that there was no contest. The S:Flo2 was simply BETTER SQ wise which is what I stated in my previous comment.

Hence, S:Flo2 would be the better choice among the DAPs you have interest in. Just my little two cents....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back