S:flo2 impressions thread
Jul 30, 2010 at 11:00 AM Post #2,057 of 3,682

Quote:
yes everything works but no sound. yes i tried reset.

you wont believe what worked.... remember back in the 90s when you just kinda hit your nintendo or TV and it got working again? well that worked for my s:flo. i hit it and sound started coming out again.

Strange. Something must have been stuck in the wrong position.

Good thing the S:Flo 2 is made of all metal and is durable.

Jul 31, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #2,058 of 3,682
I find the s:flo2 to be superb in regards of sound quality, but the UI keeps driving me insane and I find I really miss the slick UI of my X1060 and keep going back to the Sony, then a couple of days later, I go back again.  This is driving me mad!!!

Imagine how popular their new model would be if they sorted the UI and kept the same sound quality at a similar price, they'd make some serious dosh.

Jul 31, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #2,059 of 3,682

Quote:
I find the s:flo2 to be superb in regards of sound quality, but the UI keeps driving me insane and I find I really miss the slick UI of my X1060 and keep going back to the Sony, then a couple of days later, I go back again.  This is driving me mad!!!

Imagine how popular their new model would be if they sorted the UI and kept the same sound quality at a similar price, they'd make some serious dosh.

I almost hope they don't.  You're far too entertaining this way.  
tongue.gif

What are you trying to do thats giving you such trouble?

Jul 31, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #2,060 of 3,682
I want to send out a thanks to Borrego.  Earlier in this thread, he (or she) recommended the Fanmusic Mk2 amp as a nice amp to combine with the sflo2.  I took him (her) up on this advice and went to ebay to check out availability of this amp,  There are a few vendors, one who sells the amp for US $79.99 (+10.00 shipping), and some others who sell for ~US $130-150 (+shipping).  I chose the vendor who sells for $79.99 + shipping (Polychen), and I'll admit I was a bit nervous. (I worried most about receiving some cheap counterfeit knock-off).   However, the amp arrived about 12 days after I purchased it (from China to Texas), and the packaging was superb (much faster than anything I've ordered for Mp4 Nation).  The only glitch was that I received a wall recharger that was not made for the US.  This was easily remedied by purchasing a wall adapter from a local electronics store ($5.00).  In any event, I charged up the amp and it sounds great with the sflo2 LO.  The LO-amp maintains the openess of the sflo2 sound and extends the treble.  I had previously used a PA2v2, but this amp seemed to "narrow/limit/close in" the sound, so I am very happy with my fanmusic purchase.  Although I could be wrong, the amp does not seem to be counterfeit and it is a nice match for the sflo2.  Although I can't vouch for Borrego's claim that the Fanmusic rivals the Headstage Arrow, I am very pleased with this amp and I will keep it for quite a while.  I do find that listening to the LO-amp path provides some improvement over the HO path, but either way the sflo2 is a great sounding music player.  Thanks again, Borrego.

Jul 31, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #2,061 of 3,682

Quote:
I almost hope they don't.  You're far too entertaining this way.  
tongue.gif

What are you trying to do thats giving you such trouble?

I'm glad you find it entertaining
tongue.gif
, but this player is doing my head in, as the sound quality keeps pulling me back all the time, then the UI makes me swear, which I have actually done on the bus!

It's stupid things like album art, which I've tried many times to work and finally gave up (I use flac, mp3 and wma).  When listening to an album, I can't get back to the song list without going out to the menu and back in again. When the hold function is used, which is a must for me when travelling, my pork sausage sized fingers have difficulty getting the bar to slide to the right.  The UI is unresponsive at times, although this isn't a huge problem.

Jul 31, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #2,062 of 3,682
So when you are playing a song, you use the cog button on the left to exit out not the arrow on the lower right I presume.  Cog button, browse, etc.  Takes me 2-3 secs.  I assume you have free space on the internal memory and all the glitzy resource hog animations turned off of course.

I'm also used to my resistive screen on my Touch Pro2.  I like using a stylus so capacitive wasn't for me.  I find if I use deliberate touch I'm good 95% of the time.  If I baby it like an iTouch or iPhone the Sflo2 likes to play games sometimes.

Jul 31, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #2,063 of 3,682

Quote:
So when you are playing a song, you use the cog button on the left to exit out not the arrow on the lower right I presume.  Cog button, browse, etc.  Takes me 2-3 secs.  I assume you have free space on the internal memory and all the glitzy resource hog animations turned off of course.

I'm also used to my resistive screen on my Touch Pro2.  I like using a stylus so capacitive wasn't for me.  I find if I use deliberate touch I'm good 95% of the time.  If I baby it like an iTouch or iPhone the Sflo2 likes to play games sometimes.

I was using the lower right, I knew I should have asked on here before, thanks for making me look a moron!!
redface.gif

Jul 31, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #2,064 of 3,682

Quote:

Haha ah man. I always listen to full albums at a time but there are a few times were I decide to skip a song on an album or something and I always used the arrow on the bottom right to go back to the root; which I did find pretty annoying.

This whole time I never bothered to click the browse button up top. Thanks for that!

Aug 1, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #2,065 of 3,682
New firmware released. Version 2.30 (T51) : http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915

Release notes were only, "Optimize system stability".

Aug 1, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #2,067 of 3,682
Excellent. Good to hear. Notice anything else different David?

Aug 1, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #2,068 of 3,682

Quote:
Excellent. Good to hear. Notice anything else different David?

I upgraded it about 2 hours ago. I have not spent enough time with it yet. By the way, I used T51 version of firmware. The UI was different than Sflo2 (what's the name of Sflo2 UI? Clear, clean..), any way, the UI seems more responsive than Sflo2 firmware v2.2. , but not by much.
The upgrade process is a bit confusing, I think because it was written in Chinese, I need to re-adjust my Windows region setting to China (PRC), otherwise, something looked funny and something did not work correctly.
I think I will download Sflo2 v2.3; just curious.

Aug 1, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #2,069 of 3,682
The S:Flo²  ver. 2.3 isn't available yet. Pure and Simple is the theme you were talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back