RWA iMod 4G HERE!
May 28, 2007 at 1:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

bellsprout

500+ Head-Fier
i don't have any gear to test it, which is ok because it requires a solid 200 hours burn in right? which is like a week.

is there any way to leave it to charge and play at the same time?

what's the best music for burn in?

do i need to plug headphones in to load the output?

i'll have my impressions in a weeks time i guess
wink.gif

May 28, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #2 of 55
You can def charge while burning. I believe you do need an amp, even if it is just plugged into it (does not need to be on). My understanding any music will do... I am still burning mine in and I basically filled it with my music and letting it play all (music- artist- songs -play). That way it gets a variety. Lots of opinions on burn ins, this way you know you are covering all you basis.

May 28, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #4 of 55
no, because i've heard a fully burnt in imod before (which was what prompted me to buy one)

and if i wanted to i can't, cuz i don't have an amp and earphones

they're with a friend, and he likes them so much i'll have to beg for it back LOL

May 28, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #5 of 55
Burning in an iMod is not like burning in a Dynamic Drivers headphone.

The idea is to work the two Black Gates caps for them to form properly and this takes 200 hours of current to pass through them. So it does not matter what type of music you put through as long as there is signal being passed through the caps.

I burned in my iMod by using them day in day out without shutting down - when the battery runs low I immediately plug her in to the wall charger. I don'e even have to play any music, just make sure the iMod and Amp and Headphone are all connected and swithced on.

May 28, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #7 of 55
See what I mean- opinions vary on burning in. Thats why I say if your gonna do it- might as well lean on the safe side. Plus you can burn in other parts as you go. For me, my Toma and e4c could use some burn in time too. So killing a few birds.

May 28, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #8 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if it's not playing music, then how's current going through the caps?

and yes I would def. play music thru it.

May 28, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #9 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i don't have any gear to test it, which is ok because it requires a solid 200 hours burn in right? which is like a week.

is there any way to leave it to charge and play at the same time?

what's the best music for burn in?

do i need to plug headphones in to load the output?

i'll have my impressions in a weeks time i guess
wink.gif

Haha...you got an Imod at last
eggosmile.gif
knew thats gonna happen sooner or later .

Spoke to Vinnie about how to burn in when i 1st got it. He told me to charge it while burning it at the same time.
To burn it, simply connect it to an amp, the amp doesnt has to be switched on. Then play music on repeat.
In terms of what type of music to play, he said those with lots of low and high freq will be good.

What i did was, low for 70-80 hours, than high for another 70-80 hours. Then another 70-80 hours of those songs that i normally listen to. And i got myself a fully burn in monster
3000smile.gif

I am sure you will enjoy it as time goes by.

May 28, 2007 at 8:03 AM Post #10 of 55
congrats on ur new iMod
it seems that it's gonna be a SLOW 200hrs 4 u huh... but it's worth the wait

May 28, 2007 at 8:08 AM Post #11 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by bbird1927 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha...you got an Imod at last
eggosmile.gif
knew thats gonna happen sooner or later.

turned out to be sooner than later huh?

your avatar's quite accurate

May 28, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #12 of 55
Congratulations on your new 4th Gen iModded iPod. It is a GREAT sounding source.

To burn it in just load it up with a few songs (or fully if you want to) then set it on a loop (w/ power to it) feeding an amp which in turn IMO should be driving a can. Good luck.

May 28, 2007 at 1:00 PM Post #13 of 55
remeber folks, bellsprout doesn't have phones or amp. So now what does he do???

May 28, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #14 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

don't worry dude they're just not on me right now
wink.gif

it's just chillin there playing through its line out to some stock buds until i get my gear back

by golly it's loud...i can hear it from the other room. time to shove it in a draw

edit: time to update the old siggy

double edit: must say the creative buds sound pretty damn sweet compared to when i last heardem
eggosmile.gif

May 28, 2007 at 1:51 PM Post #15 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

?????
confused.gif
Hey Bellsprout, i thought you have a Xin Micro
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back