Rush reccomendations...
Dec 19, 2009 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

salannelson

1000+ Head-Fier
I just bought "Moving Pictures" a few hours ago. I really like it. I want to get into them a bit more, but since they have what is it, 19 albums, i don't know what to buy. Reccomendations would be cool.

Dec 20, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #7 of 21
IMHO, A Show of Hands is the best place to start with Rush.

Dec 20, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #8 of 21
If you like Moving Pictures, I think Permanent Waves is the definite next step, before going backwards or forwards in their catalog.

Dec 20, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #9 of 21
Don't forget to check out A Farewell to Kings, and even Caress of Steel and Fly by Night, those three and the other classic albums already mentioned ( 2112, Hemispheres ) are the best they have put out.

I have all of them on vinyl, and beside being good music, i believe most are among the best produced albums i've got, especially Moving Pictures.

Dec 23, 2009 at 8:02 AM Post #11 of 21
--Regime-change in Iraq? Faith-based initiatives and abstinence-only-education? Unclear about Putin's motivations: stare deeply into his eyes?

Uhtt! 'Sorry, I thought you wrote 'Bush recommendations'--not 'Rush recommendations'.

Dec 24, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by catachresis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
--Regime-change in Iraq? Faith-based initiatives and abstinence-only-education? Unclear about Putin's motivations: stare deeply into his eyes?

Uhtt! 'Sorry, I thought you wrote 'Bush recommendations'--not 'Rush recommendations'.

oh...

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #14 of 21
Permanent Waves, Hemispheres, A Farewell to Kings, 2112, Exit Stage Left (live album) is awesome as well - it's ALL good!!

I wish they would release some SACD remasters!

If you enjoy reading, and 2 wheeled adventures, pedal and/or moto kind, Neil Peart has written a few books as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back