Rupert Neve Designs Announces The RNHP: Precision Headphone Amplifier
Apr 3, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #151 of 522
I use This amp with Ether C flow and AK320 as source, it's clean, accurate, fast with vert high résolution. So Nice.

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #152 of 522
After using the Meanwell PS for awhile now. I agree with Joshua Chang's assessment of it being a bit more difficult to listen to than the stock PS. However, the better dynamics and detail made it still the PS of choice for me.
Now just added a ifi DCpurifier and the problems of non-musicality and balance have disappeared. Back are the smoothness and musicality of the stock PS with now even better detail and imaging. It is a very engaging, involving sound.

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #153 of 522
Have you considered a regulated linear PSU?

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #159 of 522
Others have commented that a linear PSU hasn't made a significant improvement, and I was trying to be somewhat cost effective. So, no I haven't tried one.

I have heard massive noise floor improvement and transform my RNHP from unusable with certain more sensitive headphone and IEM to dead silent. I didn't even pay over £50 for the LPS.

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #161 of 522
Hi,

A general comment here, if you can't get an LPS for the RNHP, a good regulated PS with high voltage also works as it fixed the sensitive IEM issue on my end.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back