Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon
Nov 3, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #528 of 603
Sennheiser seems to have put together and expensive "system," DAC, and and phones, so it is hard to say how good the phones are. on there own. Also the phones seem to have their own amplification in the earcups, so I doubt it will; be possible to tell how good the phones are with other equipment. 

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #529 of 603
  Also the phones seem to have their own amplification in the earcups, so I doubt it will; be possible to tell how good the phones are with other equipment. 

Exactly. It is highly unlikely you will ever be able to connect them to anything else.

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #530 of 603
Introducing the world’s new best headphones: Employing the latest breakthroughs in design, leading-edge manufacturing techniques and materials, the new Orpheus delivers unparalleled, unprecedented sound performance, reshaping the meaning of excellence. Click for more:  

[size=24.57px]

[/size]

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #532 of 603
^^ So do I. If it's really good it might be my next headphone. I'm getting rid of everything except my Mk3's. It's time to get out of mid-fi purgatory and put together a system that I won't feel the need to upgrade. 

Edit: Aaaaaand it's wireless...ugh nevermind

May 12, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #535 of 603
Soooo, how is it looking for the closed-back $1000+ headphone rumor? Was it just a badly informed HD800S rumor? I baaadly want a closed-back sennheiser

Sounds like that lead to the HD 820, no?

Rumor mills are fun to read, even years after some came true (or didn’t).

May 13, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #536 of 603
It was something completely different from the 820, a WLAN headphone briefly shown at the London event and cancelled shortly after.

sennheiser-wi-fi-headphones-flat-640x640.jpg

May 27, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #537 of 603
It was something completely different from the 820, a WLAN headphone briefly shown at the London event and cancelled shortly after.

Glad they did, we don't need this waste of everyone's time crap. What we need is a new Sennheiser electrostatic flagship for the poor consumers.

Last edited:
May 27, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #538 of 603

Interesting, 630VB chassis with what appears to be an HD800 style removable headband cushion. Looks like they re-purposed the chassis for the new Neumann NDH20. The 630VB was actually quite good, very low distortion, but was a bit misunderstood with its variable-bass and non-detachable cable.

I agree, would be good to see Sennheiser use some of it's clout and do something different than variations on some age old concepts (HD800 and HD600 series).

May 27, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #539 of 603
Interesting, 630VB chassis with what appears to be an HD800 style removable headband cushion. Looks like they re-purposed the chassis for the new Neumann NDH20. The 630VB was actually quite good, very low distortion, but was a bit misunderstood with its variable-bass and non-detachable cable.

I agree, would be good to see Sennheiser use some of it's clout and do something different than variations on some age old concepts (HD800 and HD600 series).
@Sennheiser Exactly. S this S that, tired of this Schiit. Ya lost the damn previous war and you're gonna lose this flagship headphone war too?

Last edited:
May 27, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #540 of 603
@Sennheiser Exactly. S this S that, tired of this Schiit. Ya lost the damn previous war and you're gonna lose this flagship headphone war too?

They’re not losing any war. They’re winning. The 800S is still one of the absolute best headphones ever made. It sounds just as good or better than any of the flagships today, but for 1/4 of the cost in some cases. It’s a technical marvel even after all these years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back