Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon
Jun 21, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #468 of 603
Plasma discharge headphones have been done in the prototype stage way back, never production. Is it possible they figured those out again without the toxic gasses being created? The speakers are around these days still.

It's my guess.

There'd certainly be no opening those to mod.

Jun 26, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #470 of 603
Well, I think this "closed back hd800", may not be what Nomax is referring to.  He has already stated that. 

He was also subsequently very clear that a big headphone manufacturer, besides AKG and Sennheiser, is releasing something this autumn that has never been done.  So my best guesses are that is is a Beyerdynamic or a Sony, with a totally new transducer design which might blow away both the limitations of dynamic and planar designs.  beyerdynamic has been quiet for some time since the T90 and T1, so they are due, as is Sony. 

Whatever it is, I'm simply glad, that a reliable source like Nomax, is having fun, repeatedly warning us, that we are in for a real jawdropper.  That is quite promising.
popcorn.gif

Jun 26, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #471 of 603
Jun 26, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #472 of 603
All good sounding Headphones in the higher Price range(over 1.000 Euro) are very Large and Chunky

We are in 2015!!

its time for a new direction and it will come later at the end of this year

Nomax

Jun 28, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #477 of 603
N90Q looks quite bulky so that is not the headphone in question. Interesting technology though... If there will be a portable headphone with comparable sound quality to similarly priced full size headphones, I'm definately interested. For me sennheiser hd239 is one of the most comfortable headphones ever. Small on ears which don
t cover the ear completely and have light clamping force work great for me. I like how that  kind of headphones let the back of my ears breath :)

Jun 28, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #478 of 603
N90Q sounds great for 1500 Euros but this what i mean will be much much better at the end of the Year

Nomax

Jul 2, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #479 of 603
these nomax guy is a hype beast if you cant tell us anything then why are you in every new summit fi thread just talking about how you already know what's coming, either spill the beans or stay quiet and I mean his in every freaking thread lmao.

Jul 2, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #480 of 603
If I were an industry insider (like nomax propably is?) , I would do the exact same thing. He just gives just the amount of information he is allowed without facing a lawsuit. I like the suspension and anticipation he creates and he obviously knows what he is talking about...not just guessing random "might happen eventually maybe" stuff. Thumbs up from me, Nomax :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back