Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon
Jan 7, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #212 of 603
on the canadian sennheiser website, the hd 800 is alive and well and priced at 1599,99 and yes the buy now button is fully fonctional. same thing for sennheiser usa website, exept the price is 1499,99. i see no signs of a new flagship. they have added a lot of stuff in the lower price range. and they have a superb line of Wireless cans, but hd 800 is still there. it is only a rumour at that point and nothing more. 

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #213 of 603
Crazy it is listed on Amazon UK as discontinued by manufacturer.  It's hard to believe they would straight up discontinue the HD 800, which by many is simply considered the best headphone out there.

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #215 of 603
Jan 7, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #216 of 603
Jan 7, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #218 of 603

There is only one stock version. Just ignore the Amazon descriptions. They're not always accurate.

And yes, there is no evidence that the HD 800 has been discontinued or will be any time soon.

There is only 1 reason I can think of. 

I believe in a video was mentioned that Sennheiser workers are mostly females who worked in barbershops. So it could be possible that the Sennheiser workers in the factory don't earn much and it could be possible that the minimum wage law which was recently introduced made the HD800 not profitable anymore? But Sennheiser could move production to China if this is the case.

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #219 of 603

Amazon also discontinued the Ultrasone Signature Dj last year. I think that is an Amazon database issue, Ultrasone never discontinued this headphone so far. And seeing the HD 600 and HD 650 still in production makes me doubt that Sennheiser is gonna kill the HD 800 at any time soon.

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #220 of 603
  There is only 1 reason I can think of. 

I believe in a video was mentioned that Sennheiser workers are mostly females who worked in barbershops. So it could be possible that the Sennheiser workers in the factory don't earn much and it could be possible that the minimum wage law which was recently introduced made the HD800 not profitable anymore? But Sennheiser could move production to China if this is the case.

Barber shops? As in they cut hair for a living, then were picked up by Sennheiser to make headphones? LOL

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #221 of 603
I believe the video embedded below was the video mentioning Sennheiser's way of hiring certain people. Linus (Person in the vid) at some point said the factory workers who were woman came from careers that required fine motor skills in order to assemble headphones (in this case, the HD 800s). Also, I'm not sure if there was a minimum wage law proposed in Germany, but I have heard news of minimum wage protests in the United States.
Edit: Fine motor skills do include barbershop people, since I wouldn't trust a person with shaky hands to have scissors near my head and face....
Edit 2: Linus's buddy, Luke, also mentioned people who pay fine attention to detail. Examples mentioned were "Hair Dressers" and "Florists."

Jan 7, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #222 of 603
  • We have minimum wages in Germany
  • To be able to call yourself a barber in Germany you have to learn it three years combined at school and in a Barber Master's shop. So if people learned this craft so long they should have a qualification to do delicate manipulations on things like voice coils.
  • I think Sennheiser is not known for paying low wages, so they are for sure far beyond the minimum wage for barber's. If you pay good., then you can have good work result from people for ages, ask Jason from Schiit Audio.

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #224 of 603

It's been discussed before...that's likely an error on Amazon's part. Sennheiser is not the kind of company to discontinue great headphones...ie. HD600, HD650. And CES has pretty much backed this up. It's still available on the Sennheiser website and Amazon sites in the US and Canada.

Could be that Amazon in the UK lost it's right to sell them for selling them below Sennheiser's list price? They're VERY much concerned with this.

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #225 of 603
This rumor is conclusively dead for at least another year. If Sennheiser were to announce a flagship, it would happen during CES.

<unsubscribed>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back