Rudistor RP33 is home...!!!
Dec 23, 2004 at 9:35 PM Post #16 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
I try to help felipe to use the forum... he has only 8 posts... go, go felipe !!!

Best!
Nicola

ok I try to us, but for me it is much difficult one to write in
English
Best!!
Filippo

Dec 23, 2004 at 9:40 PM Post #18 of 178
Well a little bit for everybody, yes I will bring it ot the meeting, of course along with the RP31 too, you will have both amps there, everybody could audition it, if you are there, of course, even I could mail them to some future meetings in other places of the US, that is of course, if I found a person responsible enough, that promise me to take good care of them, an old member or a friend etc...and take care of the shipping back, this way you could audition Rudi amps, and have an idea of how they sound, guys that is a reality, a true, those are wonderful amps, and another option in the market for us, the prices considering others around that i ahve seen, and that I ahve heard, are IMO very good also, and the warranty he offers is top notch, so what else to ask for, food for thought....

Well going back to the amps, what happen with those two amps and saving the differences and personal tastes, and I know that maybe some of you do not agree in the comparison, but I feel that way, and it was the only posible comparison that crossed my mind, the difference between those two amps is more or less the same case as while we go from CD3000 (or the AT2002) or any other similar can in presentation, to the R-10, using some words from some old posts, the RP33 is like the RP31 on steroids, this one has the same presentation of the RP31 more or less, but does everything better, better soundstage, a little bit better and more punchier bass, and more instrument separation, even while I'm using the Cross-1 crossfeed (as it has become part of my system) but I will give it later some listenings without itm shame that I lack ofthe proper wording to do a realy good review, this amps deserves one of those review from Kelly or Hirsch, or some of the oldest and more verbal members of this forum, not my case at all....more to come, I don't know how much more given my limited wording but I will try to do my best....I'm euphoric, enthusiastic, I know that, and if I say that this is the best amp that I have heard so far, it is not a lie, it is true, what happen, and I think that this is the same case of Nik, is that every amp that had come next in my life, is indeed better than the prior, so I have no other words for that sorry, I'm still waiting for my PPA to come back with the latests mods from Phil LaRocco, hope the battle will be really hard for the good of my wallet...LOL....
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2004 at 9:51 PM Post #19 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
Good felipe, I sent a PM to you, did you received?

(Ti ho mandato un messaggio lo hai ricevuto? Ti dovrebbe apparire mentre sei in linea nel forum).

Best!
Nicola

ok!

Dec 25, 2004 at 1:32 AM Post #20 of 178
That cabinet looks great! Is it gold-toned, or is that an artifact of the photo?
k1000smile.gif

Dec 25, 2004 at 2:56 AM Post #21 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1
That cabinet looks great! Is it gold-toned, or is that an artifact of the photo?
k1000smile.gif

The cabinet is black with a coating or an special paint, not sure, it shows some kind of texture, and it is very nice indeed, the front panel is silver anodized, and the knob is chromed, very nice looking device....the termination is top notch, very good jacks, very good switches, one last detail, Rudi uses little lamps instead of LEDs, he say that he likes better the look of those little lamps instead, a retro touch IMO...LOL...
biggrin.gif

Dec 25, 2004 at 3:27 AM Post #22 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
The cabinet is black with a coating or an special paint, not sure, it shows some kind of texture, and it is very nice indeed, the front panel is silver anodized, and the knob is chromed, very nice looking device....the termination is top notch, very good jacks, very good switches, one last detail, Rudi uses little lamps instead of LEDs, he say that he likes better the look of those little lamps instead, a retro touch IMO...LOL...
biggrin.gif

My ex-RP5 had a "lamp" and I prefer it over the eye-straining singlepower blue-LED. The headamp LED is also too bright...in a painful way.

The Rudistor "lamp" is also bright but in a warm way...fills the room

I like the lamps too. Much easier on the eye and completes the vintage look. Look at the Eddy Current HD25/HD300 - I dont know if it is an LED or a lamp but it looks like a lamp inside the big red cover
wink.gif

I dig it!

Dec 25, 2004 at 3:29 PM Post #25 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReasonablyLucid
Im scared to ask, how much does it retail for?
wink.gif

Don't be scared you will be surprised in knowing how reasonably priced it is indeed, just compare it to others that will offer even an inferior sound quality and you will see....BTW the priced is subject to change if the dollar keep going down, he lives in Europe and the original price was set in Euros, right now the rate is about 1.35 so don't be surprised if later the prices go up a little bit in the future...Blame Mr. Bush and not Rudi, OK?

Dec 25, 2004 at 3:51 PM Post #26 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Don't be scared you will be surprised in knowing how reasonably priced it is indeed, just compare it to others that will offer even an inferior sound quality and you will see....

Thats a bit rich and we need more reviews than one to come to this conclusion.

From what I see of the schematics - I doubt it can hang with the new Dynahi, Headroom Max with upgrades, Prehead, HR2, Raptor et al.

Writing a "balanced" review is one thing. I am never modest but I dont lie - see my Rudistor RP5 review if you want to know what a "balanced" review should be like. There are always pluses and minuses for every product out there. A good review exposes the negatives as well as the positive.

Unfortunately - no disrespect to you - but your review is simply an advertisement from the looks of it. OMG OMG this amp is the best...everything else is inferior...

Tell me Sov - what other amps have you heard that allows you to make such a sweeping statement?
confused.gif

I am willing to put my money down and say that the RP33 cannot hang with the better amps out there...why? because this review has no balance to it and is a shameless plug IMO.

How about sending it to someone who can bring out what this amp can really do...AND what it cannot do...and how it fares when compared to amps in the similar price range.

rolleyes.gif

Dec 25, 2004 at 4:04 PM Post #27 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari

From what I see of the schematics - I doubt it can hang with the new Dynahi, Headroom Max with upgrades, Prehead, HR2, Raptor et al.

Writing a "balanced" review is one thing. I am never modest but I dont lie - see my Rudistor RP5 review if you want to know what a "balanced" review should be like. There are always pluses and minuses for every product out there. A good review exposes the negatives as well as the positive.

Unfortunately - no disrespect to you - but your review is simply an advertisement from the looks of it. OMG OMG this amp is the best...everything else is inferior...

Tell me Sov - what other amps have you heard that allows you to make such a sweeping statement?
confused.gif

I am willing to put my money down and say that the RP33 cannot hang with the better amps out there...why? because this review has no balance to it and is a shameless plug IMO.

How about sending it to someone who can bring out what this amp can really do...AND what it cannot do...and how it fares when compared to amps in the similar price range.

rolleyes.gif

Well said!

But Al has not wrote a rew (as you for the RP5) just his first impressions...

So now I wait for another your "balanced" rew after a comparison of many amps with the RP33 in the meetings. I say that the RP33 can beat all the amps (tube or SS) untill twice of his price. (So, I'm speaking in a "balanced" way... I did not said all the amps, but just all the amps untill the double of the price of the RP33).

The RP33 is the nearest in sound to my RP010... (and I had a lot of amps Guru...). I "had", not only tested for ten minutes in noise and cahotic meetings...

About the schematics or other caracteristics that are not listened with our hears, I do not believe a lot...

Best!
Nicola

Dec 25, 2004 at 5:08 PM Post #28 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
Well said!

But Al has not wrote a rew (as you for the RP5) just his first impressions...

So now I wait for another your "balanced" rew after a comparison of many amps with the RP33 in the meetings. I say that the RP33 can beat all the amps (tube or SS) untill twice of his price. (So, I'm speaking in a "balanced" way... I did not said all the amps, but just all the amps untill the double of the price of the RP33).

The RP33 is the nearest in sound to my RP010... (and I had a lot of amps Guru...). I "had", not only tested for ten minutes in noise and cahotic meetings...

About the schematics or other caracteristics that are not listened with our hears, I do not believe a lot...

Best!
Nicola

OMG, are you talking about the twice price of RP33 ? That is over 2500 USD
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Are you saying the RP33 will blow most of the current amps away....
Let's say 90% ?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Dec 25, 2004 at 5:13 PM Post #29 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari

From what I see of the schematics - I doubt it can hang with the new Dynahi, Headroom Max with upgrades, PreHead, HR2, Raptor et al.

Writing a "balanced" review is one thing. I am never modest but I don't lie - see my Rudistor RP5 review if you want to know what a "balanced" review should be like. There are always pluses and minuses for every product out there. A good review exposes the negatives as well as the positive.

confused.gif

rolleyes.gif

Guru this is not a review, neither balanced, nor unbalanced, and I really wish to have the capability of doing such a review as the RP33 would deserve, but is curious, that anything that is not coming from you, or that you have not heard, is not right, or maybe has problems, and is wrong to you, right? This is just my first impressions, based in my extremely limited experience, I have not the vast experience and knowledge you have in this field, and I apologize if I came across that way.

But let me tell you something and with all due respect, I don't care a rat ass of what you think of my posts, and for your information my ignore list is now empty, but I think that you will be a really tempting candidate to be the first on it, man, because your arrogance has only one comparison here in the forum (and we probably know who the other is, but at least that other guy is a brilliant professional, and you don't even that)......

But before, and because I respect the members of this forum, and I think that they deserve an explanation, I will tell you this guys, I have heard SOME of the more reviewed and raved amps here, and some of the best sounding amps out there, and more expensive amps, not extensively, but enough to conclude that the RP33 is a nice sounding amp, if you want to believe it, it is fine with me, if not it is fine with me also, no problems, just go and get the Dyna-hi Guru is selling, or an HR-2, or a PreHead, and be happy...But just get a good amp OK? Because I know that the RP33 will give you things, and a performance that I was missing in my prior experiences, it is indeed the best I HAVE HEARD period. But I never said that the amp is the best of the market, as I have not heard all of them (neither you) Those were just my first impressions on a field that I'm a beginner...

BTW it is very possible, that any other good amp, could sound similar or even better to the RP33, just that I HAVE NOT HEARD THEM what you want me to say, that is the sad truth, if you read again my posts before going and accused me of false advertisement, you will notice that I never stated anything different.

I was just trying to show the rest of the members that there is a new amp, and that amp sounds surprisingly good...period, I know that this is not a very common amp here in the states, and if you want to hear it, you have to get it, period, otherwise you will never hear it. But Guru, if you feel that I'm lying, just ignore me, as I will do from now on with you, and period...

BTW I offered to mail the amp to any meeting to be heard, if I found a person responsible that take good care of them, as I'm no afraid of that anybody try the amp and compare it with the amp they want, I'm 100% confident of the sound quality I'm talking about, and that it is a very good amp, period, if you find any other better for around the same price, just let me know...just to get it..period....

There is no need, and I hate to compare things because sometimes people get pissed, or feel bad later, and sometimes tend to refuse the idea of that one thing is good just because someone says it is better that the one they currently have. But just to mention a few, I hear briefly Singlepower Maestro, that cost an arm and a leg, and Supra, same case, and the Cary modded, that Tom has ($$$$), RKV, Melos modded by Carlo, that cost about the same, and honestly I like the RP33 better, at least with the CD3000...Don't forget also the synergy, some amps sound good with a particular kind of headphones, and horrible with others. I will hear soon the HR-2, and some others later on at Aaron's, but to hear amps takes time.....or money, I will not get amps just to hear them, and compare them with the one I have, and I will not go to a meeting, in which I will not feel comfortable, because some persons like you will be there, just to hear some other amps, that I'm not even interested in.....just my two last cents....

Please guys feel free to believe what you please, and if any question PM me, and it is a real shame that in a Xmas day, we had this kind of disgusting argument.......unless of course you do not celebrate that date, and cares a rat ass about Xmas...sorry if I'm being rude...

Dec 25, 2004 at 5:49 PM Post #30 of 178
I am up for the task of reviewing the RP33. I doubt you will send it this way but if you do - I can promise a fair review.

I just cannot stand it when someone proclaims that some product is the best thing since sliced bread...sorry.

Sov - adding me to your ignore list is probably a good idea. But I will not add you to mine because I like to read some of the crap you post
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back