Rudistor launches Coriolan: the ultimate amp for HE90/O2
Jan 8, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #61 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The issue is that there's another headphone board (that shall not be named
tongue.gif
) where a certain amp designer is apparently worshipped by the members of his seeming cargo cult that resides there. When HE makes pronouncements about a competing amp designer and their products, it's taken as Gospel and repeated ad nauseum. It's starting to bleed over to Head-Fi.

There, I said it.
wink.gif
I'm sure I'll be trashed over there, but that's simply an observation of what I see in the (granted) limited time I've perused that site.

The reality is there are many talented amp designers in the marketplace, and there is not one "perfect" amp design. If there was, we'd only need one amp. Luckily we have many to choose from.

I'm sure each and every amp designer that He disparages could provide an equally good rationale for choosing the designs they do, and come up with plenty of points to argue against His designs that could be brought up as well.

There are many ways to skin the cat of headphone amp design. On the other site, other amp builders don't participate to refute or argue with His opinions, so it goes down as Gospel truth, so there's no balance. On this site, I doubt they could engage in such an argument without violating the rules.

I'm not judging His designs as I've never heard one. He is however, from what I've read, let's say quite firm in his opinions and blunt in his verbiage. Sometimes if you say something forcefully enough, it can sound more true.

Not talking about roam, aren't you?!
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #62 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And maybe the idiot who "designed" the Bada PH-12 can explain why the entire circuit looks like it was designed for 6DJ8s.

I have to say, at least you're consistant.

Still waiting for your amp that i can buy and praise about.

Jan 8, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #63 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the numbers are correct then there must be some feedback there so I stand corrected. I assumed this was an all tube design so maybe a phase splitting transformer before the 12AX7's for the SE input.

I can't remember the Burmesters but it was 981 or something like that. It's a shame they were never made in any numbers as the rest of the Burmester lineup is very nice indeed.

burmester, the shiney chrome amps and parts........the chrome alone is worth loads of money....
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #64 of 164
Quote:

With regards to the Tango transformers, look up the applications and what they're used for. The expensive ones you've quoted are for 100-200W 6550/KT88 amplifiers, high voltage 211/845 amplifiers, and 300B amps which require extensive shielding to prevent noise from coupling into the filament supplies. The prices for their EL34 transformers are in the $200-300 range. Learn to read next time.

Trying to pull a fast one won't work, I've ordered many of these parts before, I know what they're worth.

People who don't know the difference between a power transformer and an audio signal transformer should put on their dunce caps and go stand in the corner. This means you.

Power transformers are a breeze to wind compared to audio transformers, that's why high-end units from Lundahl top out at around $200, and even custom orders from Magnequest, Tribute, Electra-Print and others top out at around $300-350 or so unless it's something like a 1kVA unit.

It's hard to believe you're dumb enough to claim that the power transformer in the Rudistor is worth at least 600 Euros based on the fact that Audionote sells audio transformers for over £1000.

Yes master roam.

Glad i could be of assistance to make you look smart. Once in a while you need that.

The one thing that is hard to believe for me is that you're the only good designer on the planet. I rest my case.

Glad you are dumb enough to criticize an amp without even having a peak inside. I didn't know you did voodoo as well. I cannot tell how an amp sounds just by looking at some tubes and a chassis! Are you trying to pull a fast one on me?!

You see, we're not even that far apart from eachother. ( wich means you're as dumb as i am).
The one thing that does seperate us is the fact that i don't insult people! English isn't my native language, but if i would read enough of your posts, i would only learn bad language!

One other thing: You're preference of sound is NOT a standard for other people!

It is a shame that such an intelligent person you obviously are, has to learn decent english from such person like me.

decent
One entry found.

decent

Main Entry: de·cent
Pronunciation: \ˈdē-sənt\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle French or Latin; Middle French, from Latin decent-, decens, present participle of decēre to be fitting; akin to Latin decus honor, dignus worthy, Greek dokein to seem, seem good
Date: 1539
1archaic a: appropriate b: well-formed : handsome
2 a: conforming to standards of propriety, good taste, or morality <decent behavior> b: modestly clothed
3: free from immodesty or obscenity <decent language>
4: fairly good : adequate satisfactory <decent wages>
5: marked by moral integrity, kindness, and goodwill <hard-working and decent folks> <it's very decent of them to help>

Especially nr 3 i like!

Jan 8, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #65 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes master roam.

Glad i could be of assistance to make you look smart. Once in a while you need that.

The one thing that is hard to believe for me is that you're the only good designer on the planet. I rest my case.

Glad you are dumb enough to criticize an amp without even having a peak inside. I didn't know you did voodoo as well. i cannot tell how an amp sounds just by looking at some tubes and a chassis!

You see, we're not even that far apart from eachother. ( wich means you're as dumb as i am).

One other thing: You're preference of sound is NOT a standard for other people!

You dont need to peak inside. The specs quoted are impossible to attain with the tubes used in the amp for the reasons he stated. Roam never commented on the sound. He commented on the specs. Are you even reading what he wrote because you surely are not comprehending what is being discussed.

Moreover, when did he ever claim to be the "best designer on the planet" .... those are your words. He has addressed that question in other threads and stated who he respects as competent designers. You have been attacking him ever since he disagreed with you in the Bada thread regarding the Bada's poor circuit design. He owned you then and has owned you once again regarding the Tango transformers and you still dont know enough to back off. I actually feel embarassed for you.

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #66 of 164
This thread should be closed or deleted. It has degenerated into a flame war.

Jan 8, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #67 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You dont need to peak inside. The specs quoted are impossible to attain with the tubes used in the amp for the reasons he stated. Roam never commented on the sound. He commented on the specs. Are you even reading what he wrote because you surely are not comprehending what is being discussed.

Moreover, when did he ever claim to be the "best designer on the planet" .... those are your words. He has addressed that question in other threads and stated who he respects as competent designers. You have been attacking him ever since he disagreed with you in the Bada thread regarding the Bada's poor circuit design. He owned you then and has owned you once again regarding the Tango transformers and you still dont know enough to back off. I actually feel embarassed for you.

where there is roam, there is sacd lover to kiss his ass. Typical. Reminds me of the bada thread allover.

You should be the one who should be embarassed. Defending a guy that is obviously verbal abusive. tells more about you then about me.

He never owned the professional designers who modded my bada, so back off.

They really laughed very loud about his idiotic ideas. period.

In every thread he tries to take things over and spread the word. i haven't seen one thread where he didn't put a designer or an amp down. period.

Now, i leave you two lovebirds to yourself, obviously you're both full of yourself.
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Roam is capable of speaking for himself, he doesn't need his parrot to do that for him. comprende.
tongue.gif

It seems that roam needs to put down every new amp in order to feel good about himself.

One other thing: a so called bad design can still sound fantastic. Roam should finally get this into his head that his preferences are not other one's preferences.

It seems that roam got cult status with you, for me he's nothing more then a big laugh. ( he can laugh as loud about me) but i am still capable of distinguising an ass from a gentlemen.

By the way, i know the difference between the transformers, it's not the point, the point is that transformers can cost more then 300 dollars, even much more depending on design.period.

Rudistor makes fine amps for the people who can appreciate them. period!

Jan 8, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #68 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4N6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread should be closed or deleted. It has degenerated into a flame war.

Yep, there are certain persons thick as concrete. What they say is law around here or in every other thread about amps.

Everybody who's telling them that a so called bad design not automatically translates into bad sound is a complete idiot.

I am not the one practising voodoo here.

First all chinese designers are idiots and now Italians cannot design amps either!
icon10.gif

Still waiting for the amp of the amps made by a certain person! The super amp that will dominate the world.
icon10.gif
rolleyes.gif

I can guarantee you that even then some people won't like the sound of the amp. period!

Now, let people who are interested in this amp listen and decide for themselfs if they like the amp or sound. period!

Jan 8, 2008 at 7:42 AM Post #70 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Short question to the mods here:

Has Rudi`s post on page 6 here been deleted (and if so, why?),
or did he delete it by himself?

Thanx!

smily_headphones1.gif

I wouldn't go into discussion with certain people either, they think they are always right, even not knowing what is actually under the hood! It's wiser for rudi to invest his valuable time into creating more lovely amps.
wink.gif

Now i gotta do much more important things then wasting time with certain people who don't build amps themselfs but only know how to put them down.

Jan 8, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #71 of 164
Quote:

I wouldn't go into discussion with certain people either, they think they are always right, even not knowing what is actually under the hood! It's wiser for rudi to invest his valuable time into creating more lovely amps.
wink.gif

Yup, but his post was nothing but an announcement, basically saying that the amps in question aren`t available anymore.
He updated his website (and apologized for not doing so earlier), which is now saying the following:

"Price and Delivery n/a**
** The Coriolan was officially introduced in Nov 7, at that time we forecasted a very limited number of production slots for the 2008, all slots are already booked."

Jan 8, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #72 of 164
Quote:

Given what one is getting for those 9500 Euros, it is big issue.

Not really. You're obviously not buying the amp and the one that is interested in buying the amp and pays for it is the one who should judge if the amp is worth the money.

What about the 50.000 or even 150.000 dollar amps out there. they are being sold.

Don't pull a fast one on me by telling that there is a sucker born every day.

So, there must be a market for shiny overprices amps or some might even sound good.

Jan 8, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #73 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup, but his post was nothing but an announcement, basically saying that the amps in question aren`t available anymore.
He updated his website (and apologized for not doing so earlier), which is now saying the following:

"Price and Delivery n/a**
** The Coriolan was officially introduced in Nov 7, at that time we forecasted a very limited number of production slots for the 2008, all slots are already booked."

Guess he made few happy and decided to postpone any further development or sales. Be honest: for that price sales will be limited anyway (leaving the discussion about design and sound out of the equation)!

The way i read it, the number of these amps he wanted to build in 2008 are allready spoken for. So, there is a small chance that late 2008 there will be a happy few able to order another production run?!

Jan 8, 2008 at 8:15 AM Post #74 of 164
I have a few Italian friends and understand Rudi's product has a pretty strong following and earn good respect in Europe. These are people who do not spend much time in this forum, but a few of them are buying more than one Ferraris.

F. Lo

Jan 8, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #75 of 164
Quote:

Not really. You're obviously not buying the amp and the one that is interested in buying the amp and pays for it is the one who should judge if the amp is worth the money.

What about the 50.000 or even 150.000 dollar amps out there. they are being sold.

Don't pull a fast one on me by telling that there is a sucker born every day.

So, there must be a market for shiny overprices amps or some might even sound good.

It is obvious that you don't get our problem with this particular piece of "design". I'm going to buy a Kondo KSL Ongaku for my speaker setup at 50k$ because it is worth it with over 10lbs of silver in it and the best components known to man. This amp isn't even worth 2000euros let alone 9500. That power trafo isn't something special and it could even be a Hammond with the top sticker ripped off. It certainly isn't a Tango or Tamura unit but they would only cost about 400$ max. Speaking of the PSU, where are the huge chokes needed for a tube based design with gigantic PIO caps or at least some good electrolytics? That case is so small that none of this stuff can be on the inside. That calls for a tube rectified psu with SS regulation that is meant to look cool.

Where are the heatsinks on the chassis to dissipate the enormous heat put by the CCs and plate resistors? The chassis can't dissipate 40W so add that to the falsified specs and you get a very dubious product selling at a very high price. I could sound good but compared to what, a Stax SRM-T1, a fully loaded Blue Hawaii with a real tube PSU or a TOTL SP ES-2? I'm sure there are a lot of people that will buy this that think that music just happens by magic and don't know any better. To those I'll say, find the NOS Stax SRM-T2 that is somewhere in Italy and buy it instead. While not a perfect amp it is better then the Rudistor and costs about the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back