Rubber Bands ?!
Feb 27, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #16 of 62
Quote:
any idea if these audio bands from ALO, fiio, etc. are of the same size as those silicon wristbands? 

I have a few different brands of the bands and most of them are different sizes than the wrist ones. The wrist ones are larger, but I'm sure they will work on larger portable stacks.

Feb 28, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #19 of 62
Quote:
Maybe someone will design a case that holds both together and/or connects them more firmly. I'd design it, but I don't know how I'd make it :p

ALO Audio has the Black Star Amp Wallet

Feb 28, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #20 of 62
Another vote for the rubber O-rings! They not only grab the equipment together but also act as a protective layer (like rubber feet), all around the equipment! And I must publicly thank the member cogsand gears again for coming up with this brilliant idea and sharing it with the community...

beerchug.gif

Feb 28, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #22 of 62
Quote:
I use these. Cheap, simple and easily replaceable. They have different sizes. I use the flat black ones. I use multiple of them. You can buy them at Walgreens.

For those of lower intelligence, like myself, these are called hair ties or bands. The price at one local Walgreens' was $3.00 while across town they were $4.50.

I found a few sizes and some colored (earth tone and bright) sets. On another thread here, I read the elastic bands come with or without a black rubber strip. I didn't look for those. There was one set marked "jelly" rather than "elastic", so I bought one ($3.50) this afternoon.

Mar 4, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #23 of 62
The Head-Fi straps seem to work well enough.  They look like this:

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #24 of 62
Are the Head-Fi bands available through the site?

Mar 4, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #26 of 62
Quote:
Quote:
Are the Head-Fi bands available through the site?

I'm pretty sure, they were only available at Can Jam, don't think you can purchase them online.

Hmm, dunno actually.  I picked up a couple of them at the latest SF meet (a.k.a. Changfest) a few weeks back.

Mar 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #27 of 62
for someone residing at london / uk , what would you recommend ?

i am using a j3(with ringke case) / arrow amp

thanx
beerchug.gif

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #28 of 62
Quote:

thanx
beerchug.gif

Honestly, 3M dual lock is the best solution I have found. Especially with something like a iPod touch or a Cowon J3 with a full touch screen. The bands get in the way anyway you adjust them. I'm not sure where you can get some but I ordered from iTapestore.com, not sure if they ship international. I'm sure amazon has it as well.

Mar 5, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #29 of 62
I bought the 3M bumpons as feet so that the amp has a little grab against the back of the DAP instead of metal on metal then the bands secure the units very well with no slide.

Mar 6, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #30 of 62
Quote:

thanx
beerchug.gif

The Tesa powerstrips from Amazon UK are £3.50 for 16 strips. They hold the arrow to your case with absolutely no movement. I have tried the bands and the amps slides around a bit, especially if is in your pocket/bag. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back