RSA The Tomahawk
Aug 15, 2010 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

faisal2003456

100+ Head-Fier
This thing says it is for IEMs, would it work well with a pair of ATH-M50s, SRH440s, SRH840s, HD555, etc. I can get it used for $180, any better options in that price range?

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #2 of 5
yup should suffient for something that portable. Since it has insane battery life.

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 5
Hey Now,

I used a Tomahawk with my ATH-M50s no problemo. When I switched to an 'S' cable on my ER4s, it didn't seem to have enough juice, so I upgraded my amp.  The Tomahawk sounds great and is stingy with batteries. That is a good price for a used Tomahawk.
--
Finest kind,
Chris

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #4 of 5
I still have my Red Tomahawk since it first came out. With all the new amps that have came out since, still have found no reason to upgrade. For IEM's it does it job very well.

Mar 28, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #5 of 5
I have had my JH Audio JH5s for over a year now and they have always sounded dynamic and full when connected to my ipod Classic.  Excellent set of IEMs.  Anyway, I decided to pull the trigger on a Tomahawk this week and am listening now for the first time.  OMG, this is so amazing.  Its like I stepped out of the darkness and into the light.  I was not expecting there to be much change in sound quality at all.  I went back to using JH5s right out of the ipod and it sounded so flat and lifeless.  

I had toyed with upgrading my IEMs to JH13/16 but now I am completely satisfied with this.  What an upgrade.  Bass is immense, but I even got a little more brightness on the treble as well. All in all, a fantastic purchase, couldn't be happier.  I hope I get the extended battery life out of this Tomahawk...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back