RSA The Shadow vs JDS LAB C5
Jul 18, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #5 of 16
Well in that case I would def say the w4r with the shadow. I have the w 4r w the c5 and felt the c5 offered a slight forward sound signature. However I didn't find the amp to really be all that great imo.

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #6 of 16
Shadow is a slightly warm amp. It was my go to amp for iems for years

Jul 19, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:
Well in that case I would def say the w4r with the shadow. I have the w 4r w the c5 and felt the c5 offered a slight forward sound signature. However I didn't find the amp to really be all that great imo.

that weird c5 seem to have more vote 
confused_face_2.gif

Thank just preorder the shadow 

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #9 of 16
Yeah... I bought it back in 2010 I think. Why is that? Something wrong with that

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:
that weird c5 seem to have more vote 
confused_face_2.gif

Thank just preorder the shadow 

well like i said i used the westone w4r with the C5 its not a bad amp. with the w4r the c5 brings the mids slightly forward and is somewhat brighter than the c421. the C5 is very transparent and doesnt really add much coloring to the tracks.

but like i said RSA shadow is a excellent amp and imo its superior to the C5. however all things being fair, amps arent really one better than another. different amps just bring different things to the table.

Jul 20, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

well like i said i used the westone w4r with the C5 its not a bad amp. with the w4r the c5 brings the mids slightly forward and is somewhat brighter than the c421. the C5 is very transparent and doesnt really add much coloring to the tracks.

but like i said RSA shadow is a excellent amp and imo its superior to the C5. however all things being fair, amps arent really one better than another. different amps just bring different things to the table.

the build of the rsa shadow seem to be better more solid. any ideas about the spec on the shadow? can't seem to find it

Jul 21, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:
the build of the rsa shadow seem to be better more solid. any ideas about the spec on the shadow? can't seem to find it

the build quality of the C5 is also superb, in fact very superb one of the biggest plus's from jds is that both the c421 and c5 have excellent build quality the c5 is a little better imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back