RSA **Predator** A review in stages ** With some "NEW" images on 1st and page 64 . . .
Mar 1, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #316 of 723
I would like to add that the Predator is doing very well with the Sennheiser HD650's. The bass is well controlled and there is a nice sense of depth as well as width to the listening environment.

Mar 1, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #317 of 723
I got my Predator back from Skylab, and boy did I miss that sucker!

The only thing I have to PM Ray about is that the red velveteen bag is now coming apart at the seams. Skylab must have used the bag and amp as nunchakus.
tongue.gif

Mar 2, 2008 at 9:26 AM Post #318 of 723
anyone care to comment on how long does a single charge last on the predator.

mine seem to have around 10 hours only out of a single charge (2 hours).

how about others here ??

Mar 2, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #319 of 723
I let mine run down a day or two ago because I like to totally cycle the battery from time to time and it ran for over 3 days. The actual hours I am not sure but it ran longer than the 56 or what ever is stated it will run. The run time will vary according to the phones being used. I was using the Ultrasone 750's.

Mar 2, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #320 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by fld777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

how about others here ??

With an overnight charge mine will run for more than 2 continuous days.

Mar 2, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #321 of 723
Quote:

how about others here ??

Using my Beyerdynamic DT250-80'S (80 Ohm),and a gain setting of medium with volume @ 50% I just recently noticed I am at about 43.8 hours,and this thing is still going strong
eek.gif
I can only imagine what I'll get out of the battery in this thing,once I get my Q-Jays delivered.

This is after charging and emptying the battery in it via burn in for 4 days straight before the first listen.By day three it needed a charge to go back to burn in land.

It depends on the cans.Ray says 56~ hours,but some are getting more.Like me for instance.

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #322 of 723
Quote:

how about others here ??

Contact Ray. Regardless of what phones you use, 10 hours per charge is abnormally short. Seems that something may be amiss with your amp.

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #323 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my Predator back from Skylab, and boy did I miss that sucker!

The only thing I have to PM Ray about is that the red velveteen bag is now coming apart at the seams. Skylab must have used the bag and amp as nunchakus.
tongue.gif

Hmmm. And you got it back so quickly, too. Perhaps he auditioned & reviewed it during a really energetic karate tournament? ~:)-))

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #324 of 723
So what is everyone experiencing on the sound?

Mar 3, 2008 at 8:53 AM Post #325 of 723
I expected more out of this unit but it has only been 250 hours or so. Compared to the old Project Headbox am using for the last month or so, I feel dat the headbox non portable sounds more powerful , more oomph than the Predator using the HD600s.
I find Predator too warm also on the Rs1s. So far i find the SR125s a bit balanced w/ this amp.
I hope a few more weeks or break in will improve its sound.

Mar 3, 2008 at 8:59 AM Post #326 of 723
Quote:

I expected more out of this unit but it has only been 250 hours or so. Compared to the old Project Headbox am using for the last month or so, I feel dat the headbox non portable sounds more powerful , more oomph than the Predator using the HD600s.
I find Predator too warm also on the Rs1s. So far i find the SR125s a bit balanced w/ this amp.
I hope a few more weeks or break in will improve its sound.

I found the power to increase after many hours and the bass gained speed. I never found the Predator too warm, and I don't like amps that are too warm. What source are you using or is it the USB?

Mar 3, 2008 at 12:01 PM Post #327 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found the power to increase after many hours and the bass gained speed. I never found the Predator too warm, and I don't like amps that are too warm. What source are you using or is it the USB?

thats good to know.
I use both Ipod, Marantz CD player & computer thru usb. More or less they sound similar with the cd player having an edge.

Mar 4, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #328 of 723
I love my RSA predator, but quick question. did the printing on the top of your predator start to wear off fairly quickly? from being in and out of my pocket i guess some of the letters started to wear off and i didn't like the way it looked so i took the rest of the logo off with an alcohol pad. it looks fine now, but i liked having the logo there.

Mar 4, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #329 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by msfarley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my RSA predator, but quick question. did the printing on the top of your predator start to wear off fairly quickly? from being in and out of my pocket i guess some of the letters started to wear off and i didn't like the way it looked so i took the rest of the logo off with an alcohol pad. it looks fine now, but i liked having the logo there.

That sucks bigtime.

I find I can keep the Predator in best shape by using the included pouch when using it with the mp3 player. All the required controls remain available on the front side, and my mp3 player can't scratch it.

Mar 4, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #330 of 723
I use a pouch all the time. I would contact Ray and I am sure he will correct the problem. He would want to know this anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back