RSA not returning emails?
Oct 4, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #16 of 26
Well recieved an email from him this morning. so all is good.

Oct 4, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like someone saw all the hype and preorders for the Pico and decided to quickly slap on a USB-DAC into an amp -- who wouldn't want a piece of the money pie!

Just speculating, of course. It'll still be highly regarded and sell well since it's got Ray Samuels printed on it though, irrelevant of whatever's inside
biggrin.gif

Akwok, please don't be such a dick.

Oct 4, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like someone saw all the hype and preorders for the Pico and decided to quickly slap on a USB-DAC into an amp -- who wouldn't want a piece of the money pie!

Just speculating, of course. It'll still be highly regarded and sell well since it's got Ray Samuels printed on it though, irrelevant of whatever's inside
biggrin.gif

Have you owned or even heard Ray's amps ? Ray isnt someone that quickly slaps on a half-baked solution just to get a piece of the pie. His amps are top notch and so is his service. I am still in love with my RSA XP-7.

Oct 4, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This' going to be an exciting year when everyone has a new super portable amp armed with a killer DAC. I'd love to see something like the 400-hour battery life with a well known Wolfson DAC.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Did Ray disclose anything close to my wish ?
very_evil_smiley.gif

I e-mailed Mr. Samuels for an update of his announcement (NorCal Meet) that he was coming out with something similar to the Pico.
My wish list; a substitution for the long-delayed SR-71 coupled with an optical out DAC.

You saw his reply, now I've been scanning this forum with "baited" breath.

Oct 4, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #20 of 26
I have never called Ray that he has not persoanlly picked up the phone within 3 rings and as always he is just as pleasant as the first time you call him.

Not only does Ray try to keep up with this community on line he has created both the Hornet and Tomahawk based on portable user request and I think with the rise in portable amps period this is natural progression for him and not to get his share of the market!

The one thing you can be sure of it will sound awesome, be built like fort knox and have a chassis worthy of the Ray Samuels signature:wink:

There are a lot of nice amps on the market but most I've seen have been evolutionary in their build quality in which Ray's have been 100% from top to bottom from his first release (SR-71) to the current Tomahawk in colors.

I would love a Hornet sized unit with built in DAC and Tomahawk battery life:)

Oct 4, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #21 of 26
You know, it seems to me that if all the main SS amp manufacturers here got together, let's say HeadAmp, RSA, Headroom, and maybe even Meier, they could build one hell of a dynamite amp all working together. That way they would know they are all guaranteed sales since everyone would buy one. You wouldn't have to decide which amp you are going to buy among the manufacturers since they would all be making the one amp together.

I think they should do that eventually. They would have more orders than they could handle.

Oct 4, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #22 of 26
I follow your idea but nothing is better for getting us bigger and better amps than compitition. (whether it's for the bottom line in dollar profit or for the pure pleasure of building the next best thing:wink:)

Besides if you put everything under one roof or in the same box it becomes boxed in:-0 I love these guys tweaking/upgrading their designs:wink:

Oct 5, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Podster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I follow your idea but nothing is better for getting us bigger and better amps than compitition.

I think you meant "smaller" and better. If the Pico becomes the new standard, followed by another Hornet-sized RSA dac/amp, the Move and iBasso will become the "before" picture in the weight-loss ads.

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know, it seems to me that if all the main SS amp manufacturers here got together, let's say HeadAmp, RSA, Headroom, and maybe even Meier, they could build one hell of a dynamite amp all working together. That way they would know they are all guaranteed sales since everyone would buy one. You wouldn't have to decide which amp you are going to buy among the manufacturers since they would all be making the one amp together.

I think they should do that eventually. They would have more orders than they could handle.

That is called a monopoly.

Oct 6, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #26 of 26
Monopoly is fine as long as i get the best amp/dac in the world
smily_headphones1.gif

Pass GO and collect $500 !!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back