Rsa intruder vs alo international
Nov 9, 2013 at 8:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Rl-s

Head-Fier
Hi which of the 2 amps performs beter in terms of resolution, soundstage etc? I'm using dx50's line out and jh13fp. Any advice would be welcomed! Thanks!

Nov 9, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #2 of 16
What advantage do you hope to gain by using an external amp?

Is there something about the DX50 you don't like?

seems lots of people use external amps with the DX50, I am surprised
I thought Ibasso would include a good amp with their players.

Maybe Ibasso should bring out a matching amp ?

Nov 9, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #3 of 16
Hi which of the 2 amps performs beter in terms of resolution, soundstage etc? I'm using dx50's line out and jh13fp. Any advice would be welcomed! Thanks!

I personally have the intruder and it's an absolutely stunning amp. I've given the international a good long listen but the intruder trumps it in all aspects imo. The soundstage on balanced is ridiculous with lots of detail and air. It would be the perfect fit for the dx50, they have nearly identical footprints and the synergy between them seems to be brilliant judging from our fellow headfiers here. I say go for the intruder, you wont regret it that's for sure. 

Nov 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #4 of 16
I'vs tried the rsa intruder and it sounds great while providing a good fit with the dx50. I also tried the international at A diff store. Peformance sounds similar to me cuz cldnt a/b both amps on the spot. I could not get rsa amps from the local store anymore as they sold the last unit and are not bringing in anymore. So can the international perform at the same level or slightly less compared to intruder?

Nov 9, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #5 of 16
@kt66 the dx50 is not bad. However it does not give me the ommph and prat from my previous rig ( ipod 5g with govibe vestamp). Adding a high performance amp brings out the best in my jh13s, driving them to full potential.

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #6 of 16
i would go with the intruder. if you didnt need a dac id say the sr-71b as the amp section is said to be better than the intruder. but if you need a dac the intruder is a awsome piece.

Nov 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #10 of 16
I see. Does the international sound that bad? I tink its quite on par with the intruder. Juz that the stack with dx50 does not fit that well haha

i found the ALO to be unimpressive IMO but thats just my opinion, others might like it others may not...i rind Ray's equipment to be extremely powerful, the gains are +21 on High that means it pretty much can drive anything you want. but i mainly look at it through a amp spectrum.

something to take into considersation is the  intruder is 16bit/44.1/48khz where as the Alo is 24bit/96khz so the dac section imo is somewhat better in the Int'

Nov 9, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #11 of 16
Yea rsa amps are indeed powerful. However i have no cans at the moment. Only ciems. Hmm, rsa intruder is hard for me to get, need to order from his web. Omg seems like the hopes of getting the international now is little.

Nov 9, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #12 of 16
Yea rsa amps are indeed powerful. However i have no cans at the moment. Only ciems. Hmm, rsa intruder is hard for me to get, need to order from his web. Omg seems like the hopes of getting the international now is little.

i use Uiem's with my sr-71b and i have no issues. i own the se535 and the westone w4r and both are excellent, no volume noise, no floor noise pitch black. excellent in both SE balanced mode and Balanced RSA mode. if u want the int' u should get it

Nov 10, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #13 of 16
I can only purchase the int' locally. What has been stopping me from getting it is the great reviews of intruder and little info on the int' performance. If someone can provide me with a detailed comparison of both i may get the int if it loses only by a small margin. Else im leaning towards the intruder

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #14 of 16
@kt66 the dx50 is not bad. However it does not give me the ommph and prat from my previous rig ( ipod 5g with govibe vestamp). Adding a high performance amp brings out the best in my jh13s, driving them to full potential.

How would you say the DX50 sounds, when paired with the VestAmp?

Nov 20, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #15 of 16
Quite unimpressive. Used to really enjoy the vest amp with ipod until I sold the ipod. Synergy is there. Bass impact with airy highs. However when paired with dx50 it sounds slightly fuller. Not much of an improvement. Both intruder and international were really impressive when I tried them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back