RS 170 hookup question.
Oct 26, 2010 at 8:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

gateso

New Head-Fier
Just got an RS-170 Wireless Headphones set with with 2 sets of wireless headphones. Everything is fine when I plug the transmitter into the headphone jack on my Yamaha receiver,however this stops all output to my speakers. I am  having trouble hooking up the TX 170 transmitter/charger  to the RCA output jacks on back of my Yamaha RX V2500 receiver. Yamaha says the signal from the output jacks is low level and I need an amplifier or booster for the signal to the TX 170. I would appreciate any guidance or suggestions anyone can give me.
Thanks 

Oct 26, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 6
ah, well yoeu cant use the headphone socket it will as you have found auto kill the speakers, hmm on the off chance your tv/vdu is receiving audio try using its hp out?  if the rca is working maybe it just needs a little headphone amp?

sorry i cant really think, of course you could always just use the other pair of 170's and forgo the speakers.

Oct 26, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for your input. I can get sound from the TV however if I hook the transmitter up to the TV I lose the ability to use them for the DVD and Music. I guess I can't win here. I will have to settle for no speaker sound when using the Headphones.
Thanks anyway.

Oct 28, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #6 of 6
well i dont know if it'll help but my set up is actually whatit seems you want thing is i use a computer for everything, optical goes to the amp amp spekers, the hp out on the sound card goes to the headphones.  thing is you wouldnt want to use both at one really anyway as the timing is a fraction between the two

Users who are viewing this thread

Back