RP-21 or RP-22x? Buying soon.
Apr 24, 2008 at 9:38 AM Post #16 of 21
Another vote for the RP-21 over the RP-22x. I owned both in the past, and the RP-22x wasn't THAT much more bass, but it did seem to be a little bit more muddy. The thing I didn't like about the RP-21/RP-22x in general was the microphonics (noise heard in the headphone from simply bumping the cord).

Apr 25, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #18 of 21
I've tried the Rp-21 and the bass pretty pleased me, but i was more concerned with the synergy of the bass and the treble.

Might have been the first track's fault though...(Junkie XL's remix of Dilruba if you know it)...but these headphones handled well the great bass challange on this one - way better then other *basshead* phones ive tested with this song.

Apr 25, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Viber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've tried the Rp-21 and the bass pretty pleased me, but i was more concerned with the synergy of the bass and the treble.

Might have been the first track's fault though...(Junkie XL's remix of Dilruba if you know it)...but these headphones handled well the great bass challange on this one - way better then other *basshead* phones ive tested with this song.

Thanks for the input, what basshead headphones are you comparing this too?

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #20 of 21
I used to have the RP-22X's. They have serious bass—more than SR 60 and DT770 (both of which I have). I liked it quite a lot. Part of the earpad does rest on the ear, but this did not seem to me to cause them to leak sound. The earpad design helps make the bass so great because it allows you to feel the bass. But it also makes the headphones a bit uncomfortable since they kind of squash your (or at least my) ears. Also, the headphones clamp quite a bit also decreasing comfort. However, they probably do not clamp more than RP-21’s. However, I’ve never heard the 21’s so I can’t compare the two.

Apr 25, 2008 at 1:06 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by qib /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the input, what basshead headphones are you comparing this too?

Technics RPDH1200

And when i said it handled the bass well i meant most phones are too overwhelmed by the bass on that track, the rp21 played it quite well, but again, the synergy between the bass and the treble was weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back