Rosson Audio Design RAD-0 - Alex's Beautiful New Baby
Sep 19, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #588 of 1,035
@MatW i sell RAD-0 in Europe, so if you interested...
I know. But I need to know how these feel first. Not sure when I will get the chance, so don't count on me. Good luck with the sale!

Sep 19, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #590 of 1,035
Has anybody have actual experience with the ZMF pilot or copilot on the RADs?

Definitely interested in the testimony on the Dekoni Bullets, as well, but Pilot looks like it could be a fine solution possibly. But never know with these RADs and their....interesting ergonomics.

Sep 19, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #592 of 1,035
Has anybody have actual experience with the ZMF pilot or copilot on the RADs?

Definitely interested in the testimony on the Dekoni Bullets, as well, but Pilot looks like it could be a fine solution possibly. But never know with these RADs and their....interesting ergonomics.
I spent some time last night with the Nuggets and did not experience any headband pain like I have in the past. Oddly enough the Nuggets don't appear to bear very much direct weight (based on feeling the area while wearing them) though the inner edge did appear to to be involved. I will report back once I have spent more than just an hour on it, but as it is, I think its solved for me.

Sep 19, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #593 of 1,035
You mean nuggets?
I might buy zmf pilot for my RAD-0, it should be better than Dekoni Nuggets.

Yes, Nuggets! My apologies.

RAD-0 sound is tremendous to me, just awesome tonality and particularly amazing with Hard Rock/Metal. But listening after 45 minutes is a sore head and neck type of experience...

Sep 19, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #594 of 1,035
I spent some time last night with the Nuggets and did not experience any headband pain like I have in the past. Oddly enough the Nuggets don't appear to bear very much direct weight (based on feeling the area while wearing them) though the inner edge did appear to to be involved. I will report back once I have spent more than just an hour on it, but as it is, I think its solved for me.

Great feedback! Sounds like you had a positive experience with them. I'm heavily contemplating some solution here, Co-Pilot or Nuggets. Sadly, seems necessary, as well as stretching the headband to reduce clamping force slightly.

Sep 19, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #595 of 1,035
Did you stretch headband? Because I'm worried that it can break...
With Nuggets are way better, no hot spot in middle head but i think with ZMF pilot will be even better.
Great feedback! Sounds like you had a positive experience with them. I'm heavily contemplating some solution here, Co-Pilot or Nuggets. Sadly, seems necessary, as well as stretching the headband to reduce clamping force slightly.

Sep 19, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #596 of 1,035
Did you stretch headband? Because I'm worried that it can break...
With Nuggets are way better, no hot spot in middle head but i think with ZMF pilot will be even better.

I did not stretch the headband; main reason being that, as my pair are near-mint condition, if I needed to sell them, I'd rather not manipulate them in any way that can reduce re-sale value.

But if the Nuggets or Pilot make a big impact, I might be willing to try stretching the band and commit to it.

Sep 19, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #599 of 1,035
Sep 19, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #600 of 1,035
I am worried that the headband on this headphone is too thick for the pilot pad. It may not fully envelop it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back