Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread
Sep 28, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #1,022 of 1,255
Had the Masya for a few weeks now and loving it. But reading this thread has made me a hypochondriac, literally just waiting for them to break down. Still going strong though (FYI - I usually use them "on the road" with the Mojo and no bird cages either)

LQh627wl.jpg

Sep 28, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #1,024 of 1,255
I haven't noticed any issues with my Rose stuff either. Granted, as a reviewer I don't daily them, but I haven't babied any of them either. I've been told that Rose struggled most with their in-ears like the BR5 MKII/Pudding, etc, and that they're revising production for those products. The Mini series and earbuds should be fine save for some issues with the 2-pin connectors.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #1,025 of 1,255
@cathee 3 Rose products so far, and no issues so far that I can see.

Out of curiosity, which ones do you have? How do you like them?

I haven't noticed any issues with my Rose stuff either, granted as a reviewer I don't daily them, but I haven't babied any of them either. I've been told that Rose struggled most with their in-ears like the BR5 MKII/Pudding, etc, and that they're revising production fo those products. The Mini series and earbuds should be fine save for some issues with the 2-pin connectors.

Ryan - your review of the Masya was definitely a great reference before I bought mine. Really enjoyed how your wordpress was laid out, a joy to read.

Sep 29, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #1,026 of 1,255
Out of curiosity, which ones do you have? How do you like them?

Ryan - your review of the Masya was definitely a great reference before I bought mine. Really enjoyed how your wordpress was laid out, a joy to read.

Thank you Cathee, really appreciate it. I love your photos and am looking forward to some more impressions! Also, Rose confirmed to me that new Masya's and all Wood Grain units are mass produced so they should be hardier than prior units that were 3D printed and hand finished.

Sep 29, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #1,027 of 1,255
@cathee Masya, Mojito & Pudding. Each are really quite talented and compliment eachother well. My only complaint is Rose's tendency towards short cables, at least early on as all three are original versions.

Oct 5, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #1,029 of 1,255
I'm a bit tempted to try the Mini 6 which I don't need, don't need at all as I've spent way too much on gear lately. I hope someone buys it soon so I can hear some impressions.

Oct 10, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #1,032 of 1,255
So I've been hearing some rattling/vibration on the right side when above 50% volume, on the masya.

I've tried to ignore it but it's pretty loud and distracting.

I'm guessing this isn't normal, I've never dropped it and always stored in the cupboard after used...

Oct 10, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #1,033 of 1,255
I had rattle on the left side of my Mojitos on lower frequencies at moderate volumes. I returned it to Penon and they sent me another pair with no rattle. I cannot recommend Penon enough as a company to deal with. Especially when it comes to the infamous Rose quality.

Oct 10, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #1,034 of 1,255
I had rattle on the left side of my Mojitos on lower frequencies at moderate volumes. I returned it to Penon and they sent me another pair with no rattle. I cannot recommend Penon enough as a company to deal with. Especially when it comes to the infamous Rose quality.

Thanks, that's good to know, thank god I got mine from penon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back