Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread
Apr 24, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #961 of 1,255
Woo! My Cappuccino MK2s just arrived! They look stunning. Currently burning them in but they already sound fantastic, beautifully clean and, importantly for my tastes, warm sound. THAT BASS THO! Lol. Interestingly Penon provided an alternative cable with it and an alternative set of silicone earbuds separate from those Rose packed in... Anyway will be back with a full review and matchup with my LG G5 Hifi plus and Oppo HA2 -Se when it's had a few days of burn in and I have had time to play with the different tips and cables.

I'm glad you like the sound, although I wouldn't say that it is actually warm, given the very present mids. If you have the occasion to go balanced, give it a go you'll be amazed by by the separation and soundstage (FiiO RC-SE1B is the balanced cable of choice to keep the huge bass of the stock cable, all other balanced cables I've tried did compromise with bass).

And don't play too much with cables, because the mmcx connectors that Rose uses are not very high quality, they get loose quite fast. I had only tried 6-7 cables when mine became so loose that I started having cut on the left side.
All my other IEMs with mmcx connectors did suffer a lot more cable exchanges with no damage.

Apr 28, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #963 of 1,255
Received my custom tune BR5. I'm happy to find that Rose actually vented the bass BA's on mine! I'm loving the bass, it's like the best of both BA and DD worlds thanks to the vents, impactful yet tight, textured yet with some decay added thanks to the vent. He also removed the treble filters like I asked. Very crispy treble, lot's of detail, no dips no spikes in FR, no veil, pure treble. The mids are simply excellent, again, there is a feeling of no veil, clear sound, no dips or spikes, Instruments and voices in harmony, none ahead of the other. Sound stage is medium, but imaging and coherence are A+. Frequency balance is also A+, there is simply nothing missing, no dips, no spikes. But beware that it is incredibly source sensitive, it sounded bad from my QA360LE, average from my D200, but amazing from my P90SD. This is a balanced and detailed iem, not for bass heads, not for warm and laid back fan's, it's what I would call reference monitoring level, with some minor bumps in key FR areas to make the sound enjoyable. It won't wow you, because it is simply reproducing the music with minimal coloration, but if you are like me and have been searching for that iem that is extensively balanced, but without being boring in any way, this is it. There is a clarity and coherence to the sound, an honesty and truthfulness, that I have been searching for, It's exactly what I've been after.

I will be retiring my ibasso IT03 as this BR5 is ahead in every area except sub bass rumble, DD's have that merit.

May 5, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #964 of 1,255
Has anyone noticed any big changes in sound for the Rose Masya when using a different cable other than stock? I tried to use 2 other cables I have and the sound is darker and the treble is noticeably less. I have never experienced a noticable change like this before for any headphone. The stock cable sounds much better but why is that?

May 8, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #965 of 1,255
Any of you guys has any news or impressions on BR5 IEM please do comment here.....

May 9, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #966 of 1,255
FB_IMG_1494368221644.jpg

Full size headphone sound in earbuds! Wish there was a way to get a good seal with earbuds so I can bring them along on my daily work commute.

May 10, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #967 of 1,255
Got my pair of cappucinno mk2 last week and I have to say, these are amazing for the price! the build quality is superb and the "stable wood" pattern is quite an eye pleaser. Sound wise, it is definately bassy but not as bassy as the TFZ 5s. Has less mid bass and subbass but is more controlled. Trebles and mids are very clean and soundstage is decent for IEM's . One thing i really dislike is the cable, looks so weird and frail with the thin copper wires at the top. Getting 3rd party cables to fix that up.

May 11, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #968 of 1,255

Full size headphone sound in earbuds! Wish there was a way to get a good seal with earbuds so I can bring them along on my daily work commute.

Try using silicone plumber's tape to make your own rubber rings to use on the masya! It was the only way I could get it to fit me...I have like 2 layers on one side, with a full foam and a hiegi donut. But it finally allowed me to enjoy the Masya sound without it falling around on the go. The single rubber monk ring wasnt enough for my right ear, so the tape was crucial. Im sure electrical tape would work okay, but would be stickier.
jnN8Trc.jpg

May 11, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #969 of 1,255

Try using silicone plumber's tape to make your own rubber rings to use on the masya! It was the only way I could get it to fit me...I have like 2 layers on one side, with a full foam and a hiegi donut. But it finally allowed me to enjoy the Masya sound without it falling around on the go. The single rubber monk ring wasnt enough for my right ear, so the tape was crucial. Im sure electrical tape would work okay, but would be stickier.
jnN8Trc.jpg

That's genius! I'll have to try it. Thanks.

May 11, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #970 of 1,255
Got my pair of cappucinno mk2 last week and I have to say, these are amazing for the price! the build quality is superb and the "stable wood" pattern is quite an eye pleaser. Sound wise, it is definately bassy but not as bassy as the TFZ 5s. Has less mid bass and subbass but is more controlled. Trebles and mids are very clean and soundstage is decent for IEM's . One thing i really dislike is the cable, looks so weird and frail with the thin copper wires at the top. Getting 3rd party cables to fix that up.
If you wanna keep the good bass ==> FiiO cables (SE or balanced, 35$/€) and never look back again.
Most of the other cables (including expensive ones) that I tried with Capp MK2 decreased the bass, which is a crime!!!

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #973 of 1,255
I FINALLY got back my Rose Cappuccino MK2 from Rose after a long repair.
It turned out that the blame was not to put on the mmcx connectors but actually driver failure on one side.
They still replaced the mmcx connectors with 2-pin ones while they were repairing.

God I missed those gorgeous bass and drums!!!

Small question for our friend Audio123: how are your Masya cabled ? I mean the polarity of the 2-pin connectors.
Are the +/- mirrorred on each sides (+/-/-/+ or the opposite on your right picture above) ? R/L lettering on the female connectors should be on the same side on your picture.
Or are they inverted (+/-/+/- or the opposite on your picture above) ? In this case, R/L lettering on the female connectors should be on oppsote sides on your picture.

I'm asking because Rose has the nasty habit of cabling 2-pin inverted, which excludes the use of ANY 2-pin cable with molded earguides or angled connectors, since the earguides/connectors will face opposing directions.
They don't seem to realize this because they deliver cables without earguides and with straight connectors, but this is a pain when you want to use aftermarket cables. They sent me a new cable for testing, which a very nice quad-braided SPC cable, but I'd really prefer to use a balanced cable. My 2-pin FiiO balanced cable is currently unusable due to its angled connectors.

This is another example of misplaced stubornness, since I already tried to politely explain them that there are standards to follow when I got my Cappuccino MK1 and they did it again with the MK2.

Jun 6, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #974 of 1,255
I believe the logo of the connectors should be faced inside. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back