Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jul 12, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #976 of 1,255

Try using silicone plumber's tape to make your own rubber rings to use on the masya! It was the only way I could get it to fit me...I have like 2 layers on one side, with a full foam and a hiegi donut. But it finally allowed me to enjoy the Masya sound without it falling around on the go. The single rubber monk ring wasnt enough for my right ear, so the tape was crucial. Im sure electrical tape would work okay, but would be stickier.
jnN8Trc.jpg
I likes this carbon fiber version. If I remember correct, there was an old version one with the another font style. I do prefer this font over it.

Jul 16, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #977 of 1,255
Attention fellow Rose fans:

My Cappuccino Mk. II, which has under 100 hours of use on it, now has a hairline fracture on it's left unit. It has been stored in a Pelican 1010 100% of the time when not in use in-between two pieces of protective foam. This is unacceptable.

After hearing all the nightmares others have had with their customer service and their sheer unwillingness to use 2-pin connectors (which IMO are far superior to MMCX) I'm done with them.

Jul 16, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #978 of 1,255

My Cappuccino Mk. II, which has under 100 hours of use on it, now has a hairline fracture on it's left unit. It has been stored in a Pelican 1010 100% of the time when not in use in-between two pieces of protective foam. This is unacceptable.

After hearing all the nightmares others have had with their customer service and their sheer unwillingness to use 2-pin connectors (which IMO are far superior to MMCX) I'm done with them.
Sorry for you.

I got mine back from Rose/Penon after thet left earpiece got silent.
I thought it was the mmcx connector being loose, but it turned out to be one of the dynamic driver failing.
They repaired it and even changed the connectors to 2-pin after some "harassing" from me trough Penon.

Before they accepted the repairs, they started to suggest that I should be more careful with my IEMs, which lead to an unpleasant "quality control" discussion where I explained that it had been stored in the Pelican case 100% of the time (like you).

Like you, they also had under 100 hours of actual use (+100h of burn-in).
Strange isn't it ?

Oh, and to add to the incompetence, they rewired the sockets with inversed 2-pin (exactly like my Cappuccinos MK1), so I can only use cables with no earguides since left/right connectors have to be inserted in oppsoite directions. Fortunately they gave a very nice cable (very soft and pliable), but it makes it a pain to get aftermarket balanced cables because they all come wired "normally".

It's really too bad that they don't pay attention to quality because the Cappuccinos MK2 are one of the best IEMs I've owned in terms of bass and soundstage. Plus they're hungry for power and scale very well when using an amp, giving a run to mid-range full headphones.

Jul 16, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #979 of 1,255

Odd, my Pudding is 2 pin, not to mention the Mojito and Masya.

Aug 30, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #980 of 1,255
Dear Members,

being new to the site I ask that you forgive me if this doesn't come under the right thread or area. I am trying to locate where I may purchase Shure Olive tips that will fit Rose Technology Margrets, Cappuccino MK-ll, LZ 4A IEMs. Your insights and comments will definitely be appreciated. Please feel free to PM if necessary. Thank you!!

Aug 31, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #981 of 1,255
Just published my reviews for the BR5 MKII and the Mini 2. I thought my reviews brought some different points to the table on the Mini 2 and I haven't found much information on the BR5 MKII in English so hopefully they help some readers out, I also have a Masya review in the works. I've always been curious about Rose after hearing so much about the Mojito in the earbud thread and some tidbits here and there though this is my first experience with their products. To put it simply, I really love the way Rose tunes their earphones, they really have midrange tonality mastered and their cheaper offerings are a lot more refined/mature than the vast majority of Chifi IEMs I've tested in addition to being more technical than similarly priced Western models. I do have some issues with the RB5 MKII and I have to be more critical since it is quite expensive for a Chifi product (though justified IMO), but I think the Mini 2 is really underappreciated. See my review of the Mini 2 here and the BR5 here and in the Headgear section on HF.

dsc04525.jpg

Sep 3, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #982 of 1,255
Hi guys, I was looking into the Mojito or Masya but had a couple questions about them.

1) I've seen quite a few issues with Rose regarding quality control. I would only use these at home or possibly in the office. How fragile are they?

2) Is it worth the upgrade from the Masya to the Mojito? I've heard that the difference between the two is noticable but is it worth double the price? And at that price point, does anyone know how the Masya compares against Cygnus?

Thanks!

Sep 3, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #983 of 1,255
Hi guys, I was looking into the Mojito or Masya but had a couple questions about them.

1) I've seen quite a few issues with Rose regarding quality control. I would only use these at home or possibly in the office. How fragile are they?

2) Is it worth the upgrade from the Masya to the Mojito? I've heard that the difference between the two is noticable but is it worth double the price? And at that price point, does anyone know how the Masya compares against Cygnus?

Thanks!

I personally feel people over-exaggerate the QC issues. Mojito has a different balancing than the Masya, where the Masya tends to be a vocals based earbud, the Mojito is more treble-focused with an emphasis on detail. Bass on the two are both respectable. While I like the Mojito, the vocals of the Masya suit my tastes better, so at this level it's really a matter of preference. So it's certainly a possibility that you buy the Mojito and either feel it's a wonderful upgrade, not suited for you, or a side-grade all depending on your tastes.

Sep 3, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #984 of 1,255
I personally feel people over-exaggerate the QC issues. Mojito has a different balancing than the Masya, where the Masya tends to be a vocals based earbud, the Mojito is more treble-focused with an emphasis on detail. Bass on the two are both respectable. While I like the Mojito, the vocals of the Masya suit my tastes better, so at this level it's really a matter of preference. So it's certainly a possibility that you buy the Mojito and either feel it's a wonderful upgrade, not suited for you, or a side-grade all depending on your tastes.

Ah I see that makes the choice pretty simple for me. Thanks a lot for the info!

Sep 3, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #985 of 1,255
Ah I see that makes the choice pretty simple for me. Thanks a lot for the info!

I don't have the most articulate ear, so I'm sure someone better capable of describing the differences might have a different opinion. What did you end up deciding?

Sep 3, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #986 of 1,255

Thanks!

While I have not heard the Maysa, I do have the Mojito and have been one of the people who have dealt with some QC issues. The first pair had some driver rattle and the overall build quality seemed a bit amateur-ish for the price. Like what's been previously mentioned, the Mojito is a treble-focused earbud with respectable bass, excellent detail and good soundstage. While it's probably the best earbud I own, I'm unsure as to whether or not I would risk getting a less than perfect pair. If you do, I would go with Penon since their customer service has been quite good.

Sep 3, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #987 of 1,255
I don't have the most articulate ear, so I'm sure someone better capable of describing the differences might have a different opinion. What did you end up deciding?

I think the Mojito is more for me. I'm fairly new to HiFi but have found that I'm a treble head that values detail and clarity and imaging. I probably won't be able to buy them until the end of the year, but I've seen Rose mentioned a lot online recently.

While I have not heard the Maysa, I do have the Mojito and have been one of the people who have dealt with some QC issues. The first pair had some driver rattle and the overall build quality seemed a bit amateur-ish for the price. Like what's been previously mentioned, the Mojito is a treble-focused earbud with respectable bass, excellent detail and good soundstage. While it's probably the best earbud I own, I'm unsure as to whether or not I would risk getting a less than perfect pair. If you do, I would go with Penon since their customer service has been quite good.

Ah I see. Sorry to hear about that. QC is one thing that makes me a little iffy about these smaller Chinese companies, but if Penon has good customer service I'll definitely purchase through them when the time comes

Sep 3, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #988 of 1,255
Just published my reviews for the BR5 MKII and the Mini 2. I thought my reviews brought some different points to the table on the Mini 2 and I haven't found much information on the BR5 MKII in English so hopefully they help some readers out, I also have a Masya review in the works. I've always been curious about Rose after hearing so much about the Mojito in the earbud thread and some tidbits here and there though this is my first experience with their products. To put it simply, I really love the way Rose tunes their earphones, they really have midrange tonality mastered and their cheaper offerings are a lot more refined/mature than the vast majority of Chifi IEMs I've tested in addition to being more technical than similarly priced Western models. I do have some issues with the RB5 MKII and I have to be more critical since it is quite expensive for a Chifi product (though justified IMO), but I think the Mini 2 is really underappreciated. See my review of the Mini 2 here and the BR5 here and in the Headgear section on HF.

dsc04525.jpg
I have Rose BR5 MK2 , and i love these Midrange and detail bought me . What kind of issues you are experienced with Rose ?

Sep 3, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #989 of 1,255
I have Rose BR5 MK2 , and i love these Midrange and detail bought me . What kind of issues you are experienced with Rose ?

I found the BR5 MKII a little upper midrange forward and lacking some bass extension. Otherwise, the actual detail and midrange quality is excellent and bass is super defined. It's not an inherently flawed earphone but it's not as balanced as it could have been and for $300+ I have to be more critical. I still love the BR5 MKII, it's a fantastic earphone for the price and competes with plenty above it.

Sep 4, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #990 of 1,255
I found the BR5 MKII a little upper midrange forward and lacking some bass extension.
I would say it is to be expected, they described BR5 MK1/2 as tuned for vocals mainly (==> upper mid-range), so you wouldn't expect top notch bass, which is the domain of Cappuccinos MK1/2.

Rose's guys usually give pretty accurate descriptions for tuning of their IEMs.

What is more critical to me for 300+$ is the frequent QC issues, bad service, and their stupid habit of cabling 2-pin with opposite phase (==> go for MMCX).
Although their IEMs look well finished, they tend to fall apart VERY quickly.

I had Cappuccinos MK1 serviced twice already, and MK2 serviced once, and only thanks to PenonAudio insisting with them, because they don't feel they have to honor any sort of warranty, even during the first year. And I'm a very cautious guy always keeping IEMs in Pelican boxes with foam inserts, so it's not like I'm mistreating my IEMs.

They really need to build their IEMs better, although they tune them very nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back