Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread
Dec 22, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #616 of 1,255
  It literally took me alllllll night to read through allllll the comments to find a review of the Rose Puddings. I thank each and everyone of you that went and bought them. I'm new here, so sorry if I'm late to the party. 
But yes, a few months or weeks later for some, do you still like your Roses? 

Unless you're after a bass-heavy pair of IEMs, your money would be better spent on Cappuccinos MK1 or MK2.
More clarity, more controlled bass, better soundstage. But Cappuccinos MK1 are relatively bright sounding (because there is some space between bass, mids and treble = W shape).
I took the plunge and will receive the Cappuccinos MK2 tomorrow.

Pairing and cables are very important with Cappuccinos MK1. They can have very piercing (borderline sibilant) treble if the source is very bright. No silver in the cable either for the same reason. A big fat copper cable is all you need to keep the treble natural and the bass generous. Stock cable is copper but not exactly thick enough for my taste.
If you prefer smoother signature, Fidue A83 will be your best buddy in the same pricerange.

Puddings are more like half-baked Fidue Sirius (and half price
wink.gif
). Not bad but less refined than I would have thought given the 3 BAs covering mids and treble. L-shape with good mids but after you've tried the Sirius, the Puddings sound less defined and smaller. They're decent though, but not huge value given the price.

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #617 of 1,255
Double posting, sorry.

Just a note for people who are wondering, most Rose IEMs are using UE-type cables with recessed male pins on the cable side.
Very secure fit, and easy to find aftermarket cables.

If you're asking, Rose can produce them with MMCX connectors too, in case you would have a better selection of MMCX cables at home

Dec 23, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #618 of 1,255

Unless you're after a bass-heavy pair of IEMs, your money would be better spent on Cappuccinos MK1 or MK2.
More clarity, more controlled bass, better soundstage. But Cappuccinos MK1 are relatively bright sounding (because there is some space between bass, mids and treble = W shape).
I took the plunge and will receive the Cappuccinos MK2 tomorrow.

Pairing and cables are very important with Cappuccinos MK1. They can have very piercing (borderline sibilant) treble if the source is very bright. No silver in the cable either for the same reason. A big fat copper cable is all you need to keep the treble natural and the bass generous. Stock cable is copper but not exactly thick enough for my taste.
If you prefer smoother signature, Fidue A83 will be your best buddy in the same pricerange.

Puddings are more like half-baked Fidue Sirius (and half price
wink.gif
). Not bad but less refined than I would have thought given the 3 BAs covering mids and treble. L-shape with good mids but after you've tried the Sirius, the Puddings sound less defined and smaller. They're decent though, but not huge value given the price.

Where did you get your Mk. II from? I paid Penon but I've yet to get a response from them.

Dec 23, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #619 of 1,255
  Where did you get your Mk. II from? I paid Penon but I've yet to get a response from them.

Ordered from Penon. It was shipped on Tuesday.
Waiting for Fedex today (...................... waiting........................).
wink.gif

EDIT: delivery complete. Penon did deliver them wrapped with X-mas giftpaper and a nice X-mas card. Good service as usual. 3-day delivery by Fedex, no tax this time. Awesome Christmas self-gift.

Built quality of Cappuccinos MK2 is better than MK1 by a fair margin. And the dark blue finish with blue stone faceplate looks gorgeous. This time they kept the shells opaque so it looks less messy. The copper cable is also much better.

Did a quick QC check but I won't comment before I'm done with heavy burn-in!!!
gs1000.gif

Dec 25, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #628 of 1,255
Well, Opus #1 & Rose Masya creates a very detailed pairing, which makes me curious just how detailed the Mojito will get. It's certainly a more neutral dap than I'm used to, but the detail level is nice.

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #629 of 1,255
  How are they?

They are very very good IEMs for the price.

Briefly, they have a very a very very very slight V shape sound signature.

Mids are not recessed by all, rather they are positioned just right.
Bass has a lot of rumble when the music calls for it but they never bleed into the other frequency ranges. 
(I listen to Hanns Zimmer's Ronin from the Last Samurai and it was absolutely heavenly)
Highs are very well extended and non-fatiguing, although I would not call them smooth. They also have a kind of sparkle to them.
(Again, in the track Ronin, I can actually hear the Koto(?) playing in the background)
Imaging and separation is also one of the best from an IEM (based on my limited IEM base) and if memory serves me right I think they have better separation and bass control when compared to the Ibasso IT03 when I auditioned them.

Interesting to note:

The crossover system in this IEM uses no capacitors at all and Rose calls this "物理分频" or direct translation "physical crossover" (i.e. meaning that it has no capacitor or resistors in its crossover design) 
Also,unlike your typical 2ba+1dd IEMs, the Hybrid 8 actually uses its 10mm Fuji driver for both the low and high frequencies, whilst the 2ba is responsible for mid range frequencies. Hence, unlike your typical V-Shaped 2BA 1DD, this has a pretty "even" or a slight "v" sound signature. 

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #630 of 1,255
  Nice cable! How did you make it?

Solder each cable onto the headphone jack,heatshrink each channel, heatshrink all the wires together before clamping, after clamping, heatshrink it again.

Proceed to braid using a four strand round braid method, then when you have 120cm of 4 starnd braided wires, use an elcheapo splitter (which won't stay together unless heatshrinked), then twist the wires into 2 pairs then solder them to your 0.75mm elchepo connectors whilst keeping them together via, you guessed it, heatshrink. Heatshrink the R and L wires to act as strain relief.

EDIT:
Link for cable
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.aMob4N&id=540678606174&_u=n2i926dja484

Users who are viewing this thread

Back