Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread
Nov 7, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #586 of 1,255
It is low-mid centric.Highs are here nonetheless, but they are overshadowed by mids and bass if they are present in track. Perfect for dance music and IDM. Good with blues, rock and country. Not so good with metal and classical music. Instrument separation is present yet far from perfect. Vocals sound natural, without any distortion, but a bit further than bass. The bass is punchy, quite decent.
Generally I would say that it is entirely about groove. The tracks with rhytm that goes through entire track are best sounding for this one.
The stage is not so good - more like a corridor - the distance perception is here, but more forward-like, that's hard to explain. 

Overall I would call it a decent IEM, especially with its 11.11 price on Ali. I am quite sad I didn't wait out.

Some more notes - the foam tips that were coming with IEM were of the wrong size. Strange.
Only foam tips. Tried silicon ones - completely bleak when compared to foam.
The default cable is very good - it is soft as shoelaces, while being silicon covered.
The IEM itseld looks sturdy, but it is better to place tips with care. Just in case.
Shells themselves are quite small, they would fit anyone, I guess.

I can make some photos if you would like to see cable or dimensions.

Nov 8, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #587 of 1,255
Aurora is really fun to listen. It ain't neutral, the balance is questionable, but never the less it is fun.

The build quality is an open question though. There is no glue or something like that, but the shells are so thin. I guess plastic hardcase is not for looks,but is indeed necessary.

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #592 of 1,255
  Finally got back my re-wired Rose Cappuccinos from Penon.
(...) The Cappuccinos are truely trying something new in terms of tuning, unlike the rest of the Rose range. Summary in one word: SNAPPY!

Actual review next week after more ample source pairing and direct comparisons with AK Angies / AK T8iE / Fidue Sirius / JVC HA-FX850.

Slowly making progress on my review of Rose Cappuccinos but still quite some comparison work to do.
Unfortunately I was stopped in my progress by an acute otitis in my right ear all of last week (too much swimming pool + sensitive eardrums ==> disaster).

Just posting this to correct my initial impressions, the Cappuccinos are actually more W shape than L after some comparisons (striking when opposed to Fidue Sirius).
Explanation: the Rose guys have quite clearly boosted sharp frequency areas: drums, voices, guitar, bass guitar, cymbals, which yields a VERY sharp W signature.

If you add the VERY fast decay of the dynamic drivers, I've never heard such fast IEMs. I'm sure some people may find it borderline unnatural as a signature because of the very acute instrument separation and snappy sound it's producing. Also, bass rumble is almost absent because of the fast decay, but bass are still present and impactful nonetheless and do not bleed at all as a result.

Cappuccinos are the complete opposite of relaxed, again quite striking when switching to the very organic AK T8iE.
Also soundstage is modest and more circular than wide, like you're really sitting at the center of the band. It's more in-your-face than stadium-like. You can really hear singers breathe and guitars crunch and whine next to you.

Last note: these babies need some serious juice to shine!!! High gain mandatory if available. Going balanced also helped a bit. Basically, I had to double the volume when compared to the sensitive AK T8iE.

Ok, back to the complete review...

Nov 10, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #593 of 1,255
Hi, Will you guys recommend the Rose Hybrid-8 or the Rose Hybrid 7. I like a bit of detail but looking to get a less analytical iem, and a bit of bass. The source will be X1 and AK JR. Thanks!

Nov 10, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #594 of 1,255
  Hi, Will you guys recommend the Rose Hybrid-8 or the Rose Hybrid 7. I like a bit of detail but looking to get a less analytical iem, and a bit of bass. The source will be X1 and AK JR. Thanks!

At least I can't recommend Hybrid 7. V-shape, big bass, but details are missing, especially in the mids.
The JVC Wood series are much better if people are after V-shape.

Not sure anyone has bought Hybrid 8 here, but they certainly should have better mids than Hybrid with one more BA driver to handle the mids.

Dec 4, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #597 of 1,255
Very similar levels of bass, it's cleaner on the Mojito, so for some music it will be more enjoyable on Masya. Vocally, the Masya is ahead in the same respect as how the Cygnus is superior as those two are similar. I'm not a good judge of Soundstage or treble, but I'd put the Mojito ahead in both respects. The Masya currently feels like a Cygnus with superior bass. I didn't swap cables to even things out between the two, so that has the possibility of affecting performance. The quality of the Masya cable feels worse, but has a bit longer length which fixes my main cable issue.

As a side note, going from either Masya or Mojito to Pudding creates a very claustrophobic feeling for a moment. It's a little amusing just how different the tuning on the Pudding is compared to Masya or Mojito.

Dec 4, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #598 of 1,255
Very similar levels of bass, it's cleaner on the Mojito, so for some music it will be more enjoyable on Masya. Vocally, the Masya is ahead in the same respect as how the Cygnus is superior as those two are similar. I'm not a good judge of Soundstage or treble, but I'd put the Mojito ahead in both respects. The Masya currently feels like a Cygnus with superior bass. I didn't swap cables to even things out between the two, so that has the possibility of affecting performance. The quality of the Masya cable feels worse, but has a bit longer length which fixes my main cable issue.

As a side note, going from either Masya or Mojito to Pudding creates a very claustrophobic feeling for a moment. It's a little amusing just how different the tuning on the Pudding is compared to Masya or Mojito.

Interesting, maybe I will have to give the Masya a shot at some point. i wonder how low it can go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back