Roon is live
Apr 8, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #376 of 705
I have a Roon and Fiio question. I have a Fiio X3 2nd gen and was given an extended loan of a Roon Nucleus. Is there any way to connect my player to the Roon USB on the rear?

Dec 29, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #377 of 705
New Head-fier here with a Roon nucleus question...I recently bought a Roon Nucleus and added a 1TB SSD. I have about 200 albums stored on an external hard drive that I want to upload to my nucleus SSD. I went to the storage tab under Roon settings and "transferred" the albums to the SSD. Roon seems to list and play all of the albums that I transferred but the entire list is not available after I disconnect the external hard drive. I thought that I had transferred all those files to the SSD when I did the "transfer" but why did all those files disappear when the external hard drive is removed? Can anyone help? Thanks!

Dec 29, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #378 of 705
First the 1 TB SSD, did you open up the Nucleus and install it there? Roon does not have any memory except for it's own OS. You need some kind of a computer to link via Wi-Fi or wire. You can't see anything on Roon unless it's connected to your network.

Dec 29, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #379 of 705
New Head-fier here with a Roon nucleus question...I recently bought a Roon Nucleus and added a 1TB SSD. I have about 200 albums stored on an external hard drive that I want to upload to my nucleus SSD. I went to the storage tab under Roon settings and "transferred" the albums to the SSD. Roon seems to list and play all of the albums that I transferred but the entire list is not available after I disconnect the external hard drive. I thought that I had transferred all those files to the SSD when I did the "transfer" but why did all those files disappear when the external hard drive is removed? Can anyone help? Thanks!

Did you "transfer' the albums or just add the folder on the external drive to the list of storage locations? Because if you did that, then it would make sense that those are not accessible when you remove the external drive. Maybe post a screen shot of your Storage list in Roon so we can see what you have set up.

Feb 9, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #383 of 705
Yeah, 1.8 is here but the Play-Store has no update so far.

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #387 of 705
1.8 active and working in Vienna. Very nice refresh. :thumbsup:

Feb 9, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #389 of 705
My Nucleus is stuck in the middle of updating. It's very slow. I'm sure their servers are overloaded or maybe even down. I was watching the Roon community forum most of the morning and now that site is crashed. They probably shouldn't have hyped the update by sending out daily emails over the past 5 business days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back