Romi Audio - The official thread
Jan 27, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #376 of 928
Just checked, Cascades are quiet on low gain, no noise, clicks or hisses at all. Only a soft low hiss on high gain that is inaudible when music plays. :)

Interesting. I checked my A18t and a very low, faint hiss on low gain but a lot of hiss on high gain. Then I switched to D8000 Pro. No hiss on low but some hiss on high gain. HD800 is my wife's work HP for studio, so I will try to steal it for testing later. It is interesting that we have that much of a difference. I think it is acceptable that there is hiss with A18t on high gain, so no reason to use the A18t with high gain. But the hiss is there with the volume complete turned down.

Normally it is not an issue, but here it is constantly audible:

https://fb.watch/3gRxtJo4c1/

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #377 of 928
Interesting. I checked my A18t and a very low, faint hiss on low gain but a lot of hiss on high gain. Then I switched to D8000 Pro. No hiss on low but some hiss on high gain. HD800 is my wife's work HP for studio, so I will try to steal it for testing later. It is interesting that we have that much of a difference. I think it is acceptable that there is hiss with A18t on high gain, so no reason to use the A18t with high gain. But the hiss is there with the volume complete turned down.

Normally it is not an issue, but here it is constantly audible:

https://fb.watch/3gRxtJo4c1/
Yep I have that same issue on mine. Using Luna as the IEM and R8 as source, on high gain, I hear a very audible hiss with volume knob all the way down and no music playing.

Jan 27, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #378 of 928
Yep I have that same issue on mine. Using Luna as the IEM and R8 as source, on high gain, I hear a very audible hiss with volume knob all the way down and no music playing.

Johnny from Romi just wrote me that for high gain 150+ ohm HPs are recommended.

Jan 27, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #379 of 928
Johnny from Romi just wrote me that for high gain 150+ ohm HPs are recommended.

OK, I tried in SE and hiss is much less noticeable with D8000. It is a very powerful amp, so makes no sense to use balanced in this configuration anyway. Also the volume has better control range.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #380 of 928
I might be like spamming but the outcome is:

- If you are a low impedance IEM user, use low gain and SE output.
- If you are an IEM user with higher impedance (40 ohm+) you can try the low gain with balanced,
- If you are a full HP user with <150 ohms, use single ended - it has enough power and you will have better volume control.
- If you are full HP user with >150 ohms, you can use balanced.

Jan 27, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #381 of 928
I might be like spamming but the outcome is:

- If you are a low impedance IEM user, use low gain and SE output.
- If you are an IEM user with higher impedance (40 ohm+) you can try the low gain with balanced,
- If you are a full HP user with <150 ohms, use single ended - it has enough power and you will have better volume control.
- If you are full HP user with >150 ohms, you can use balanced.
Your recommendation makes sense, generally speaking. Interestingly enough I am getting the best results as follows:

Final E5000 (14ohm): 4.4mm HO and high gain
ATH-WP900 (38ohm): dito
PEARS UT-3 (25ohm): 3.5mm and high gain

Dunu ZEN is the next that will tested in a few days.

In all cases no hisses while music playing and for my tastes better dynamics in high gain.

I think there are many ways to enjoy the BX2+ and every owner will find his own solution to make his IEM/headphones shine through it.

Jan 27, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #382 of 928
Your recommendation makes sense, generally speaking. Interestingly enough I am getting the best results as follows:

Final E5000 (14ohm): 4.4mm HO and high gain
ATH-WP900 (38ohm): dito
PEARS UT-3 (25ohm): 3.5mm and high gain

Dunu ZEN is the next that will tested in a few days.

In all cases no hisses while music playing and for my tastes better dynamics in high gain.

I think there are many ways to enjoy the BX2+ and every owner will find his own solution to make his IEM/headphones shine through it.

That is very interesting, as for me even the D8000 Pro hisses in high gain mode and balanced. You maybe have a golden sample or or maybe a different hardware revision?

Jan 27, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #383 of 928
That is very interesting, as for me even the D8000 Pro hisses in high gain mode and balanced. You maybe have a golden sample or or maybe a different hardware revision?
Don’t know. As said before, happy owners we are in any cases.

Jan 27, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #384 of 928
Don’t know. As said before, happy owners we are in any cases.

Man your impressions made me get the BX2+, there's something special about this awesome device !

The RAD-0s love the clean power ! Listening through High Gain and nothing but sweet music ! :beyersmile:

20210127_222908[1223].jpg

Jan 27, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #385 of 928
Nice looking set-up, enjoy your RAD-0 out of the BX2+

Jan 27, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #386 of 928
I am traveling a lot now, and I leave my BX-2 at home, but when I get home on the weekends it is fired up and I am always impressed. As stated, it is a clean, transparent sound and doesn't rely on its driving power to impress.

Jan 28, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #387 of 928
20210128_090453.jpg

So, I tried the HD800 with BX2+ and SP2000 that will be with me for a while. There is again a slight hiss you notice as soon as you switch to high gain mode but it goes away with the start of music. Man, that combo sounds good. Even the bass with the original HD800.

Jan 29, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #388 of 928
Man your impressions made me get the BX2+, there's something special about this awesome device !

The RAD-0s love the clean power ! Listening through High Gain and nothing but sweet music ! :beyersmile:

20210127_222908[1223].jpg

Very nice!

Well I’ve been addicted to BX-2+ with Diana V2, I hardly touch my IEMs anymore....perhaps it’s time to consider the Susvara:L3000:

Jan 29, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #389 of 928
Very nice!

Well I’ve been addicted to BX-2+ with Diana V2, I hardly touch my IEMs anymore....perhaps it’s time to consider the Susvara:L3000:

As I have written somewhere before, normal headphones need juice, planars need vodka, Susvara needs vodka with gin mixed with rat poison boiling at 300 degrees. For the best results you need to throw in your favourite music CDs into the boiling mixture.

Jan 29, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #390 of 928
As I have written somewhere before, normal headphones need juice, planars need vodka, Susvara needs vodka with gin mixed with rat poison boiling at 300 degrees. For the best results you need to throw in your favourite music CDs into the boiling mixture.

Hahahaha....yep I’ve read it in the Susvara thread all the trial and error that owners did with speaker amps etc. to find the best synergy. I’m just thinking whether I should take the plunge to that black hole :relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back