Romi Audio - The official thread
Oct 22, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #16 of 928
How is battery life on the BX-2 Plus, in 3.5mm and 4.4mm?

Oct 22, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #17 of 928
Oh I agree. They punch way above their price range. Build indeed is a bit light, but technical performance is truly outstanding, especially imaging. Do let me know how they sound with the BX1.
Scheduled tomorrow night with a single malt

Oct 22, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #18 of 928
How is battery life on the BX-2 Plus, in 3.5mm and 4.4mm?
I haven't measured the BX2 Plus yet but the first one got about 7 hours. BX2 Plus might be less given it outputs more power. Not huge battery life but then I view it more as transportable than portable. I'll do a complete test over the weekend.

Oct 22, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #19 of 928
Oh I agree. They punch way above their price range. Build indeed is a bit light, but technical performance is truly outstanding, especially imaging. Do let me know how they sound with the BX1.
Damn, should have picked a pair up on prime day. They went down to AUD$160 (circa US$110).
Will keep an eye out for them again on Black friday.

Oct 23, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #20 of 928
The ATH-MSR7B is a good match for the BX-1. The AT being a tad bass-shy in essence, the BX-1 doesn't not add anything in that register, only clean power to shine through the DTR1. Honestly, I would have liked a bit more warmth and "oomph" in the lows (no @noplsestar, I won't get the HD8 :wink:) Nothing serious, because this USD 200ish HP really is something in terms of sound, having all the base covered, with transparent and textured mids, controlled treble and yes, as @Nostoi said, superb imaging. I end this saying that the soundstage is realistic and natural.
IMG_0832.JPG

IMG_0833.JPG

...but the real surprise came from the earbuds Smabat ST-10S Gold. This is serious, I mean the bass and the open soundstage are inviting you to get up from your chair and rock the house. These earbuds are the bastards from clear/detailed IEM and bassy full-sized headphones. A V-shape SS? Not quite, because the mids are not scooped if you get the right fit, which is challenging to be honest, but highly rewarding at the end.

IMG_0834.JPG

In both cases, the week-end starts on a "blue" note.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #22 of 928
High-end combo with Denon...9200? How is the sound and what tunes are you rocking out from this nice setup?

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #23 of 928
I listen to all genres of music, and these do sound great for all! The bass kicks hard and the soundtage is wide for a closed-back, which the BX2 plus also helps in further!

I might go for Diana V2 later in the year if I get a good deal and call it a day! I sold my desktop gear and want to focus on portable ones.

Oct 23, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #24 of 928
Oct 23, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #25 of 928
I listen to all genres of music, and these do sound great for all! The bass kicks hard and the soundtage is wide for a closed-back, which the BX2 plus also helps in further!

I might go for Diana V2 later in that year if I get a good deal and call it a day! I sold my desktop gear and want to focus on portable ones.
Oh! Selling desktop gears? You are taking the same route I took some months ago. Interesting. Do you also hear/get more of your music with your portable set-up? Why the Diana?

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #26 of 928
Let's pimp the thread with some "bedtime story song"

Oct 23, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #27 of 928
I was looking to get a BX2 Plus for my Diana V2 but unfortunately they don't sell them in black. I asked everyone :frowning2:
I am going for an all black themed build.

Oct 24, 2020 at 1:43 AM Post #28 of 928
I was looking to get a BX2 Plus for my Diana V2 but unfortunately they don't sell them in black. I asked everyone :frowning2:
I am going for an all black themed build.
I hear ya, though I was able to order a quite nice black leather case with mine, which kinda renders it semi-black.
20201024_073521.jpg

Oct 24, 2020 at 2:27 AM Post #30 of 928
Oh! Selling desktop gears? You are taking the same route I took some months ago. Interesting. Do you also hear/get more of your music with your portable set-up? Why the Diana?
Yep sold them already, hate being fixed to a spot for listening, wanted to move around and have more flexibility.

Diana V2 because it has gobs of detail and I dont want highly transparent signature, but rather warm neutral signature without losing the clariry and resolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back