Roller Coaster pics (56k warning)
Jun 9, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #16 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wooden coasters are still my favorites. Of the coasters I have ridden, the only steel coaster that has been able to compete with the wooden coasters is the 'Nitro' at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey. This thing is one hell of a ride.

Six Flags is one of the only attractions around that almost makes it worth visiting this craphole known as New Jersey. If you ever find yourself in NJ, check out Six Flags - good stuff.

Wood Coasters FTW! I went to that Six Flags while I was up in New York (Manhattan to be specific) visiting my grandmother. Man that place was HUGE! You could almost get lost there. I had a great time, granted I was still scared of coasters back then (more of the height than the speed). Thankfully I have mostly gotten over that fear and enjoy roller coasters when I get the chance, which isn't often. I can't remember if that beast you have pictured was there or not when I was there though (around 1999 I think) but it looks like it would be a blast. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Jun 9, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #17 of 43
Wait till you guys check out Griffon, the latest coaster in Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Currently the tallest floorless dive coaster in the world. The highlight is the first drop ... 205 feet up, 90 degrees down. But the kicker is that right when you're about to go down the drop, the ride comes to a slow stop, pausing at the top of the ride for 5 seconds before going down 90 degrees.

http://www.griffoncoaster.com/

Check out the ride videos!!! I can't wait to ride it this summer!

Jun 9, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #18 of 43
Great photos and views but I feel nauseous just looking at the photos... ugh. Give me the Disneyland kiddie rides.
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2007 at 7:18 AM Post #19 of 43
Sadly they were chainsawing the ZINGO last week at Bell’s Amusement Park in Tulsa. First coaster I rode.

Jun 9, 2007 at 8:33 AM Post #20 of 43
Great photos! Not much more to say...

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:30 PM Post #21 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by damayor521 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait till you guys check out Griffon, the latest coaster in Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Currently the tallest floorless dive coaster in the world. The highlight is the first drop ... 205 feet up, 90 degrees down. But the kicker is that right when you're about to go down the drop, the ride comes to a slow stop, pausing at the top of the ride for 5 seconds before going down 90 degrees.

http://www.griffoncoaster.com/

Check out the ride videos!!! I can't wait to ride it this summer!

Man, Williamsburg is calling!
cool.gif

Oct 22, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #22 of 43
Oct 22, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #23 of 43
The Galveston one, eh...? Every time I've been there it's been closed for quite a while.

Oct 22, 2007 at 5:48 AM Post #24 of 43
great pics that will be some cool ride when it is done

the Cyclone Coney Island is still a fav of mine I now it's outdated but there is something about that coaster that calls top me whenever I get home in the spring. I must admit it's been a while.

Oct 22, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #26 of 43
Cool, a wooden coaster.

Oct 22, 2007 at 12:18 PM Post #28 of 43

Users who are viewing this thread

Back