Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22?
Jun 26, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #1,081 of 3,218
headwize?

I remember that.

I think.

wink.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #1,082 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
headwize?

I remember that.

I think.

wink.gif

I know hey!
Just typing that made me realize how long it has been outta commision...
It had the b24 thread I really wanted to read too
frown.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #1,083 of 3,218
I never did finish reading all the B22 threads there
frown.gif

Is he gonna bring the site back?

I still prefer this forum engine by a large margin, but there is a lot of good info over at headwize. I hope it comes back
frown.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #1,084 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is he gonna bring the site back?

Last I knew, yes, he was still planning to put the site back up but his last update was over a month ago now and was that he was moving and wouldn't be working on it for a while. If nothing else I hope he's able to restore a static version of the old site so that data could be mined from some of the really good threads that were there.

Jun 27, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #1,086 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last I knew, yes, he was still planning to put the site back up but his last update was over a month ago now and was that he was moving and wouldn't be working on it for a while. If nothing else I hope he's able to restore a static version of the old site so that data could be mined from some of the really good threads that were there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, Chu is busy but headwize will come back eventually. He still has to add some anti-spam code to the forum software.

Good to know. Thanks guys
smily_headphones1.gif

I read through his posts about the problems he was having, but it seemed like there were big gaps between them. I'm glad to hear he's just busy and Headwise will be back.

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #1,087 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, Chu is busy but headwize will come back eventually. He still has to add some anti-spam code to the forum software.

This is great news!
I miss the forum. But had it not been for the headwize forum downtimes we may never have got Head-Fi.
wink.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #1,088 of 3,218
i heard the 3,000 post B22 thread there said people had B22s that blew up? randomly, how likely is this?

Jun 28, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #1,089 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i heard the 3,000 post B22 thread there said people had B22s that blew up? randomly, how likely is this?

There is usually a reason things blow up, it doesn't just happen randomly. The B22 has no short protection and my guess is that this could have been a cause for some of the failures. TRS jacks can cause a momentary short when plugging/unplugging and this can lead to failed output devices that fail to a shorted condition.

Jun 29, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #1,090 of 3,218
is the neutrik multi jack, the one with balanced and a 1/4 in the middle one that would cause that issue?

Jun 29, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #1,091 of 3,218
DoYouRight, any TRS jack has that potential problem. It's the nature of its design -- when you insert or remove the plug, the different portions of the plug would cause undesirable short circuits in the jack. As long as you turn the volume down before plugging/unplugging, then there is no risk of damage.

Jun 29, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #1,092 of 3,218
ok, I always turn it down to min before unplugging so I should be fine
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #1,093 of 3,218
DoYouRight - that doesn't change anything - it simply shorts the input signal to ground.
wink.gif
The TRS jack still shorts the right signal to ground and that is the danger. Leave it in that stage for too long (I don't remember the exact time though I remember reading the calculations somewhere before) and you will blow the output MOSFETs.

Jun 29, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #1,094 of 3,218
so what should I do to make this not happen. Unplug it unless Im running it? just tell me what to do to protect my baby! so much cash has gone into it already and im not half way done lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back