Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22?
Jun 20, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #1,051 of 3,218
Ya I can't wait for mine to be done. My uncle has decided all the parts and has begun, so very excited! Hopefully near my birthday Ill have it. Now I wonder if the y1 Gamma is good enough or a buffalo is going to be noticably different.

Jun 20, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #1,052 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
heh, yep

Digger, thanks for the advice. At least I have a working one here to copy so should be easier than guessing
biggrin.gif

... and that puts you one step ahead of me
icon10.gif

Maybe someday when all the other project get done, and nothing else pops up in the mean time.

Jun 20, 2009 at 8:16 AM Post #1,053 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now there are other problems but those I'm still working on!

... and now they are no more
beyersmile.png

Jun 20, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #1,054 of 3,218
If I decide on getting another ss amp I will be building one of these, or wussing out and paying someone else to do it for me. I've heard too many good things to NOT go with a beta22 if I stray from the tubes.

Jun 20, 2009 at 9:37 AM Post #1,055 of 3,218
For the sake of the thread, I'm planning on building a b22, after I get a y1. Seeing this thread bumped every day makes my wallet quiver in terror. I need a new multimeter, hopefully my 2 olds ones will get sold in this garage sale i'm about to have to pay for a new Fluke 179 to replace my 77 and 12b.

Jun 20, 2009 at 10:56 AM Post #1,056 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by lynxkcg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seeing this thread bumped every day makes my wallet quiver in terror.

It has been said many times before but...
I have spent the same amount on caseing as almost all the components plus tooling combined~

Looking back on it I should have just put it in a cookie tin hehe

Jun 20, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #1,057 of 3,218
hi guys, i'm deciding weither to build this or not, If i run a balanced setup, how much gain would i get from having 2 seperate power supplies? or even 4!

i noticed amb recommend 1 supply for each board??

Jun 20, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #1,060 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've seen more than a few posts about the beta22 pop up recently, so I figure I'm not the only one getting ready to build one
smily_headphones1.gif
Post here if you're thinking of building one, currently building one, or already built one! If you already built one, pics and specs would be handy!

I'm planning on building one, but it seems my laundry list of wanted features will have to be pruned down a bit for practicality's sake. On a more positive note, I think I've figured out how to mount the six beta22 boards I have planned in a nice and efficient manner with bigger heatsinks
biggrin.gif

HERE, SIR.

Jun 24, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #1,062 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry for my noobness, but is it possible to build a beta22 into a hybrid amp with balanced and unbalanced input/outputs?

Yes you can. Info about this is available on the forum and on amb.org

Jun 24, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #1,065 of 3,218
There's a huge range. A basic two channel with minimal case work can be built for about $400. Then there's the other extreme of 4 or even 6 channels with fancy wiring/casework/etc. which can easily eclipse $2500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back