Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22?
Aug 10, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #153 of 3,218
thanks guys. i KNOW nate its true, im a horrible webstalker. care to gimme any advice from the pros? i do use the search feature etc a ton but id say about 90% of the time just turn up either jibberish or useless threads!

Aug 12, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #156 of 3,218
ugh, soo, thought i was all finished up populating the boards and mounting them to the case etc when i realized that i mounted q1-q4 as the silkscreen indicated - incorrectly
frown.gif
. think im just gunna order up a new batch and wait the week rather than try and refit these already trimmed ones.

on a different note, has anyone had any experience with http://www.partsconnexion.com/catalo...s/image006.jpg
the foculpods by spectra dynamics? what kind of mounting system do they employ..?

Aug 12, 2007 at 7:11 AM Post #157 of 3,218
Aug 13, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #158 of 3,218
Backplane arrived today,
now i have to start building seriously
smily_headphones1.gif

Great day
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #159 of 3,218
got the boards installed on the backpane... everything sounds/looks good... John from par-metal never responded to my email

seems like I'll have to give him a ring

Aug 13, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #160 of 3,218
ya dont bother emailing john lol. i tried about 5 times to no avail. calling on the other hand - very good idea. if not his secretary, you'll probably be able to get john himself on the phone. ordering from par-metal was very straightforward..they took about a week to ship once i ordered, at which point i was billed. delivery took about 1.5 weeks to BC canada.

Sep 24, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #162 of 3,218
wow, seems like this thread has been absolutely dead with my absence of silly questions! anyways, heres one more "classic" from myself. im just in the stages that im about to begin the wiring up of my 4 channel b22, i was originally planning to use just 2 balanced inputs and 2 balanced outputs. however, after thinking about it more, i think i definitely want at least a few RCA inputs as well as either 1 or 2 SE outputs. is this just a simple matter of wiring as per the schematic in the "other options" section of AMBs site?
balanced.png

now, assuming im relatively along the right lines here, would that reQUIRE me putting an input selector of some sorts? also, kind of a similar question regarding the outputs, would i need to incorporate an output selector, or would it just run all outputs simultaneously? if thats the case, using a quad pot would obviously change the volumes of all headphones plugged in , so the only issue would be differing impedences of the headphones? SORRY again i really hate asking questions like this
tongue.gif

Sep 24, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #163 of 3,218
That diagram assumes that you'll have the balanced and unbalanced inputs connected one at a time, not simultaneously. If you don't want to be pulling connectors then you'd need an input switch (4PDT minimum). A quad pot will adjust all channels simultaneously.

You don't need to switch the outputs.

Sep 25, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #164 of 3,218
buying the boards for the x22s end of the month when i get my salary!
evil_smiley.gif

may i ask for some suggestions on parts upgrades?
Will be using blackgate caps non polarized versions if its possible and im torn between DACT stepped attenuator and twisted pear joshua tree or just buy the black beauty?
and 1 more question...
in the sigma22 whats the main difference between 2x 2200uF and 1x 4700uF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back