Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #46 of 4,743
Hi,

I'm Pradeep, from Chennai. I have recently joined the Head Fi band wagon. Got myself the Senn HD650s with the help of my cousin from US. 

I use a macbook pro as my source. 

I also happened to buy the Earforce DSS Virtual 7.1 device which gives virtual 7.1 out of any headphones. I use this for movies alone. I heard this is great with games. Yet to try a game on this.

For music, as stereo is better than surround, i use the headphones alone.

I am yet to get an amp and DAC combo. I am thinking about getting the Nuforce Icon HDP.

Still searching the forums for advise on this. 

I've downloaded some audiophile music online.

they are mostly high resolution FLAC files like the following:

1. B&W very high audiophile recordings(just fell in love with Allan Taylor's colour to the moon, one sexy, deep, masculine voice he's got),

2. FIM classical reference 1,

3. Bela Fleck's Throw down your heart,

4. Gustav Holst's -The Planets,

5. nordic sound 2L,

6. Steely Dan audiophile mega pack,

7. mudcrutch mudcrutch audiophile CD,

8. Mcintosh audiophile test reference,

9. True audiophile best of groove note,

10. Allan Taylor Behind the mix,

11. Tool Lateralus

Nice to see some Indians in this forum. 

:) 

Oct 1, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #47 of 4,743
Hi,

This is mogs from Bangalore. Cant adda sig yet in head-fi but this is my headphone gear...

Source: Denon 1500 sacd,most gen ipods
Dac: benchmark dac1 hdr
Amp: Naim headline2, Yamamoto HA02, Headroom bit head
Headphones: Audio Technica 5000, Denon 5000, Senn 650, Akg 701, Shure 535, UE10
,,Grado GS1ki
coming:: Ultrasone Ed8
Past: Bose Qc3, Senn 515, 555,Shure e3c,e4c

Oct 2, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #49 of 4,743
Grado for rock with Naim/Benchmark, AT5000 with HA02 for jazz, vocals, esp female and 535 for portable use.
Ed8 sounded very good too, yet to try with my amps.

Oct 7, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #51 of 4,743
We'd be delighted to welcome you to the group. We have few indians here on head-fi however. We'd be glad to appreciate a person who appreciates or likes or has positive feelings for our culture and traditions(not just ours but having an open mind towards other global cultures)

I hereby confer you the honorary degree ..err... citizenship.

btw i've bought the HDP and I'm loving it.

esp for what it does to enhance the output of my Ear Force DSS for movies. I'm a huge movie buff as well (unlike most headfiers i suppose) So i'm getting the best surround experience one can get on a headphone
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #56 of 4,743
Never been to India physically but daydreamed reading through encyclopedias and history classes. Your culture offers much to our quality of life and I would love to travel your country and stand at your monuments and temples to see them first hand. Unfortunately finances will not allow this so I websurf.

Oct 8, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #57 of 4,743
mogs you have some EXCELLENT equipment
smily_headphones1.gif

Pradeep, look into the Pico Dac.  I use that with a Ray Samuels Protector and Ray Samuels Shadow.  They sound mighty impressive together!

Oct 10, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #58 of 4,743
Ping me if anyone comes to Bangalore and want to audition any of my phones. I keep travelling often and would appreciate a bit of notice. Have accumulated my setup since 2004 with a lot of typical constraints and will be happy if it helps anyone make thier minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back