Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #4,442 of 4,743
I've for sale unused speedball upgrade kit for bottlehead crack headphone amp. If someone is interested please PM me.

Jan 7, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #4,444 of 4,743
Looks like headphonezone has come out with a whole range of Ifi audio products and added some new cayin products.

Jan 13, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #4,445 of 4,743
Hello Everyone,

I started out my audio journey with the ATH-M40X and the Sennheiser HD558. Both lovely headphones in their own right.
I have since moved on to Sennheiser HD700 and Hifiman HE560 and the first 2 pairs don't get playing time anymore. I'd like to sell the M40X and HD558.

HD558 - No box, just cable - In decent shape - Works perfectly - Price 3.5k
ATH-M40X - With Box and all accessories - In great shape, but the earpads are peeling a bit - Works perfectly - Price 3.5k.

Do shoot me a PM if you'd like more info and pics.

Thanks.

Jan 14, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #4,447 of 4,743
IMG-20180112-WA0000.jpg
Beyerdynamic DT880 Chrome Special Edition 600 ohms headphone for sale in brand new unopened condition.

Bought it from USA and got it shipped to my brother in KSA on the 30th of December, 2017. He received the package on the 9th of January, 2018, and will bring it with him to India on February 14, 2018. Can ship the product (only headphones) by the 3rd week of February.

I am selling because the headphone came as a bundled deal with iFi iDSD Micro Black Label and I am not really interested in the headphone.

*] The item, once it reaches India, will be located in Kerala, India.

*] The item is in brand new unopened condition

*] Posting the ad so that I get a genuine buyer before I receive the item.

Please do PM me your offer or if you need more info.
Varun.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #4,448 of 4,743
Beyerdynamic DT880 Chrome Special Edition 600 ohms headphone for sale in brand new unopened condition.

Bought it from USA and got it shipped to my brother in KSA on the 30th of December, 2017. He received the package on the 9th of January, 2018, and will bring it with him to India on February 14, 2018. Can ship the product (only headphones) by the 3rd week of February.

I am selling because the headphone came as a bundled deal with iFi iDSD Micro Black Label and I am not really interested in the headphone.

*] The item, once it reaches India, will be located in Kerala, India.

*] The item is in brand new unopened condition

*] Posting the ad so that I get a genuine buyer before I receive the item.

Please do PM me your offer or if you need more info.
Varun.
Congrats Varun on the Idsd black, indeed an awesome device... Opened up my hd650 a lot
Also pairing it with he560 and elears..keep the bass boost on for 560s and 3D for elears
I feel he560 needs a better amp though

Jan 21, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #4,450 of 4,743
Congrats Varun on the Idsd black, indeed an awesome device... Opened up my hd650 a lot
Also pairing it with he560 and elears..keep the bass boost on for 560s and 3D for elears
I feel he560 needs a better amp though
Thank you so much sumeet. I haven't received it yet. Will be getting it only by the 12th of next month. They recently had a great deal for he560..going for around 350usd.. temptations but with empty pockets..

Jan 22, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #4,452 of 4,743
So auditioned some more amps and amp/DACs. (Headphones: Beyerdynamic t1).

Mjolnir 2 with stock tubes: Heard this with my cans and a Grado rs2e at a friends. Good control but I found it somehow overly sharp and analytical.

Chord Hugo 2: hmmmm. The separation and resolution was just awesome. It sounded more pleasant than all other amps. However the current list price in India is just overkill.

Cayin iha6: Flat out my pick from whatever I heard regardless of price. We paired it with a BIMBY and a audio gd r2r 2. Wow. Just wow. The r2r 2 and this was just audio Nirvana. Pleasant, transparent, melodious, powerful and excellent control. This combo chewed through complex orchestra like a salmon hungry bear.

Will be auditioning more gear soon.

Also I have a question. There is this valve amp manufacturer in Delhi, lyrita audio. I talked to the owner and he makes these 2a3 set integrated amps that throw out 3wpc for speakers. He said that he could design one that has a unbalanced headphone out so that I can plug in my cans. My question is, would this be a good idea? I mean the amp is meant for speakers. Would it function well as a headphone amp too? He can also do some custom internal work for me too. How.can this amp be modified to be used as a headphone amp.

Jan 22, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #4,453 of 4,743
Mr Bakshi is a veteran in indian Hi-fi field and very well respected for his technical know-how. If he is saying its possible then I dont see a reason to doubt that. But you have to keep in mind that you will be committing to purchase a design which you have not heard before.
From technical point of view, a low wattage speaker amp can be tuned to drive headphones after reducing voltage gain.

Jan 22, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #4,454 of 4,743
So auditioned some more amps and amp/DACs. (Headphones: Beyerdynamic t1).

Mjolnir 2 with stock tubes: Heard this with my cans and a Grado rs2e at a friends. Good control but I found it somehow overly sharp and analytical.

Chord Hugo 2: hmmmm. The separation and resolution was just awesome. It sounded more pleasant than all other amps. However the current list price in India is just overkill.

Cayin iha6: Flat out my pick from whatever I heard regardless of price. We paired it with a BIMBY and a audio gd r2r 2. Wow. Just wow. The r2r 2 and this was just audio Nirvana. Pleasant, transparent, melodious, powerful and excellent control. This combo chewed through complex orchestra like a salmon hungry bear.

Will be auditioning more gear soon.

Also I have a question. There is this valve amp manufacturer in Delhi, lyrita audio. I talked to the owner and he makes these 2a3 set integrated amps that throw out 3wpc for speakers. He said that he could design one that has a unbalanced headphone out so that I can plug in my cans. My question is, would this be a good idea? I mean the amp is meant for speakers. Would it function well as a headphone amp too? He can also do some custom internal work for me too. How.can this amp be modified to be used as a headphone amp.
That's great you could audition them all together.... Really want to audition the ih6, could I know where you did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back