Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #3,631 of 4,743
Folks, I'm looking for a low budget substitute for my Fidelio X2. Would appreciate any suggestions or leads to any seller offering a budget open backed headphone for sale, provided it has a similar overall sound to the X2.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers

If u want similar range as X2, I would suggest Sennheiser Hd650 or Hifiman He400s.

Jul 28, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #3,632 of 4,743

Folks, I'm looking for a low budget substitute for my Fidelio X2. Would appreciate any suggestions or leads to any seller offering a budget open backed headphone for sale, provided it has a similar overall sound to the X2.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers

If u want similar range as X2, I would suggest Sennheiser Hd650 or Hifiman He400s.

I bought HD650 over HE400S.

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #3,633 of 4,743
I m a Happy User of Hd650 too :)

Jul 28, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #3,634 of 4,743
beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO.

12k from beyer India, Bangalore office.

Is the DT990 a similar signature as the X2? Didn't know that, shall check them out if possible.

Thanks.

Thanks for your suggestions, but I'm only looking at lower budget substitutes to the X2, as I just can't seem to live with IEMs' soundstage in general.

Thanks again, cheers.

Edit > Unless of course, I invest in a TOTL IEM like the Noble K10 or the like, which I shall be able to afford after selling my car.

Jul 31, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #3,636 of 4,743
I am looking forward to sell some of my headphones, if anyone is interested in these cans, please pm me.

Unique Melody Martian, Master & Dynamic MH30, Thinksound On1,  Dunu Titan1

Brainwavz Jive,  Brainwavz S3, Brainwavz HM2,  Hisoundaudio HA-2 

Aug 1, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #3,637 of 4,743
I am currently using sansa clip +.
Now want to upgrade. So I am now considering xduoo x3.
Will it be a substantial upgrade??
Or tell me if you have more suggestions.

Vishal.
Happy listening.

Aug 1, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #3,638 of 4,743
I am currently using sansa clip +.
Now want to upgrade. So I am now considering xduoo x3.
Will it be a substantial upgrade??
Or tell me if you have more suggestions.

Vishal.
Happy listening.

Haven't listened to the Xduoo X3, but from what I've read online, should be a definite step up from the sansa clip.

The FiiO line up should also be worth considering, and having listened to them all, and currently using the X3 'classic' for over two years, I can vouch for its value for money. The current gen FiiO X3 should also be a great value, at a slightly higher price than the Xduoo.

But I suggest getting a demo first if possible.
Cheers

Aug 2, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #3,639 of 4,743
But I suggest getting a demo first if possible.

I strongly second this suggestion, especially when it comes to DAPs. (For easy to drive IEMs, the Sansa Clip is a very strong performer IMO. When I reviewed the xDuoo X2, I couldn't decide on a clear winner. My point is, do not make a decision without an audition if "better sound quality"(however you define it) is your sole purpose. You may come away disappointed because the IEM/HP you pair with it matters.

Some reasons to purchase without an audition(as is the case sometimes) include:
  1. Insufficient volume
  2. UI/Customization features
  3. I/O port requirement
  4. Battery life
  5. Reliability/Build-quality
If any of the above are part of your primary reason to purchase a DAP, then the absence of a significant jump in sound quality will not be a disappointment.

And if possible, volume match with a test tone at the start of your audition. It would barely take a minute but would make a significant difference.

Aug 4, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #3,640 of 4,743
Any1 in bangalore owns Audeze LCD collection ?
I want to try on my Mojo once before i buy.

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #3,643 of 4,743
Please can any one explain where can I purchase philips fidelio x2 in india(bangalore) and at what cost

Thanks in advance

Philips doesn't sell the Fidelio X2 here in India, so you might have to check out eBay 's Global Easy Buy site, or try to import by ordering online. I got mine personally on a trip to the US last year.

Although I did see a couple of online postings for used X2's on sale if you don't mind second hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back