Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #3,617 of 4,743
  How is the xDuoo X2 compared to the X3, I don't mind the extra sd card slot or high output as i'll be using it with a low sensitivity headphone, which is good in terms of SQ. there are no comparisons for them?

Found another DA which is AKM 4490 based and has filters. Doesn't have a built-in battery and is new in market but the initial reviews are good and the maker of the DA has solid background. It sells for $85 plus shipping.
http://www.stoneracoustics.com/ud125

Jul 26, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #3,618 of 4,743
Found another DA which is AKM 4490 based and has filters. Doesn't have a built-in battery and is new in market but the initial reviews are good and the maker of the DA has solid background. It sells for $85 plus shipping.

This DAC is designed by a Malaysian. Stoner acoustic are definitely not new in market. I used their previous generation of DAC before. The UD110. Gives a very clean signal with a simple setup. Only a USB and a 3.5mm port. No casing or body, no need to charge it(it gets power from the USB port only, therefore no battery in it) No extra bulk. If anyone looking for a good sounding Dac for ur pc audio below $200 it's the best I would recommend. They also feature a balanced desktop setup which are the EGD and EGA. And also a budget amplifier lineup, The Ruby. Worth a try.

Jul 26, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #3,619 of 4,743
This DAC is designed by a Malaysian. Stoner acoustic are definitely not new in market. I used their previous generation of DAC before. The UD110. Gives a very clean signal with a simple setup. Only a USB and a 3.5mm port. No casing or body, no need to charge it(it gets power from the USB port only, therefore no battery in it) No extra bulk. If anyone looking for a good sounding Dac for ur pc audio below $200 it's the best I would recommend. They also feature a balanced desktop setup which are the EGD and EGA. And also a budget amplifier lineup, The Ruby. Worth a try.

By new I meant the DA not the company. I know their history that's why I suggested it to him.

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #3,620 of 4,743

I'm more into a DAC for my phone, and I've planned to get Dragonfly Black from Dubai my relative stays there so I'll get it for around 10k, guess it's a good deal, by then I'm wondering if I should go for the Xduoo X2 or Xduoo X3 or the Fiio X1.

Jul 26, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #3,622 of 4,743
I was wondering if anyone knew which 24/192 FLAC capable DAP had the smallest physical footprint? A screen would be ideal but not a must, a minimum of 32GB on board memory if a card slot is not available. Not a fan of anything Fiio and didn't like the Xduoo X3 either. 

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #3,623 of 4,743
I was wondering if anyone knew which 24/192 FLAC capable DAP had the smallest physical footprint? A screen would be ideal but not a must, a minimum of 32GB on board memory if a card slot is not available. Not a fan of anything Fiio and didn't like the Xduoo X3 either. 

A few DAP that small in size, depends on ur budget, you can have a look at Ak100, Cowon Plenue D, Lotoo Paw 5000, Shozy Alien

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #3,624 of 4,743
A few DAP that small in size, depends on ur budget, you can have a look at Ak100, Cowon Plenue D, Lotoo Paw 5000, Shozy Alien

Thanks! Been meaning to try out the Plenue D. I really like the Shozy Alien (think it sounds better than the Fiio X5) and its one to consider. Leaning more towards the Alien since its cheaper and will be used only travelling on the bus. Using the QP1R as my main DAP and loving it.
I'm not sure if I can just drop all files on to mirco sd card and have them play off the Alien though, they are of varied bit rates and I hear the Shozy supports up to 24bit/96kHz. I don't mind the DAP own sampling files, its just that I don't want to have to do it manually.

Used to own the AK100 and the LP5000 so would like to try something different. 

The HiSoundaudio Studio S6 would be ideal but its rather expensive. 

Jul 27, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #3,625 of 4,743
Plenue D is a very good looking one. But i hvnt heard of how it sound before. Based on the review, it seems promising. Shozy is a very good choice if you are that kind of person that play everything in your library. Other than the lack of Ui, Shozy presents a very clean sound signature. In fact, the lack of Ui is my only hold back on Shozy. Personally for my commute purpose, I play my music thru LG v10. Which is a very good all in one solution also. It's sound easily outperform some of the entry level dap like Fiio X3 M3.

Jul 27, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #3,626 of 4,743
Being a user of the Plenue D, I can vouch for its convenient small size, huge battery life (still at 90% after a week of everyday short sessions of about an hour or two), good storage (32gb internal, 128 external), and not least, its clean uncolored sound. A little smooth and relaxed, but very enjoyable with good clarity.

Except for the power output, I'd rate it almost on par with my iBasso D14 on overall sound.

Hope that helps, cheers

Jul 27, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #3,627 of 4,743
Folks, I'm looking for a low budget substitute for my Fidelio X2. Would appreciate any suggestions or leads to any seller offering a budget open backed headphone for sale, provided it has a similar overall sound to the X2.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers

Jul 27, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #3,630 of 4,743

I am satisfied with Sony Walkman NWZ-A25. Small enough footprint. Long battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back