Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #3,601 of 4,743
Hey, I'm from Kolkata, just bought the ATH-M50X, I've got a very low budget as I'm a student all I get is pocket money that to also 500 per month imagine that, I save all my money for my crave for music and I'm looking to buy a portable DAC now that can be powered my my phone, looking to buy Audioquest Dragonfly but I'm getting it no where in Kolkata can anyone please guide me what to do the Inbuilt DAC on my phone is worst than anything. Thanks...

Dragonfly is expensive for your budget then go for
1. Centrance slim from massdrop about $110. Other options are
2. Hifime Dac/amp. Really cheap and good performance. http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=common/home They have many options according to your requirement and budget.
3. ZuperDac. SImilar to Dragonfly.
4. Cheaper options like Fiio A1/Q1 but they have compatibility issues.

Note: Hifime draws less power so will run longer with your phone battery but built quality is not premium. Centrance has been serving me real good but draws huge power but so will all Class A amps. So if you can carry a power bank Centrance or ZuperDac are my choice.

Jul 22, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #3,603 of 4,743
Will back home in Madras for 4 days, arrive on the 29th of July. So once again I'm willing to carry some audio stuff down for anyone who needs it. This is a bit of a last minute trip and I leave next week so unfortunately I can't order stuff from China/Korea/Japan like last time.

1. Purchases will have to be local (Singapore) and I'll carry them down for you.
  2. As always nothing too large or heavy.
  3. I'm travelling a bit within in India during the 4 days so ideally if you could have friends/family pick it up Madras and ship the gear to you that would be brilliant as I'm quite busy during my visit.
  4. I would prefer if it you could make the purchase online (I don't want to have to deal with ex.rates and money transfers) and handle communication with the retailer (make sure its in stock). I'd be willing to pick it up on your behalf for free. 

LUME, Jaben, AV One, Stereo, E1 Personal Audio are some of the stores that are perhaps 15-20 mins from home so picking up from here would be ideal. Stereo & LUME have a full fledged sites, while the other three communicate quite actively on Facebook.

Also do remember that a lot stuff here is more expensive than the US rates, although if you look hard enough you will find deals that are cheaper or on par with US rates.

Cheers :)

Jul 22, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #3,604 of 4,743
I currently own ibasso dx80 listening with audio technica 50x and creative aurvana live between both Headphones I prefer CAL but I want to upgrade headphone and my choice is between soundmagic hp150 and philips fidelio x2
which one will be good in Sound quality without any amp or any other at around 15k

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #3,606 of 4,743
I currently own ibasso dx80 listening with audio technica 50x and creative aurvana live between both Headphones I prefer CAL but I want to upgrade headphone and my choice is between soundmagic hp150 and philips fidelio x2
which one will be good in Sound quality without any amp or any other at around 15k

I have M50 and CAL too I prefer CAL. :)

I would go for HP150 for all round performer. I never heard X2 but it has more bass, and V-shaped sound.

Jul 22, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #3,609 of 4,743
I won't mind using a DAP though, I just need the best available sound quality in a budget price.
I have owned the X3II and Dragonfly 1.2 together. They have different types of signatures and it will be hard to predict which one you will prefer. But you can't go wrong with either.

I ended up keeping the Fiio and selling off the DF just because the X3 was more versatile and could do what the DF does, as it can double up as an external dac too.

If you are a student and low on funds, scour for used items. That's what I used to do and still do. Most of my audio gears have been preowned. In fact one of my best purchases was made from this forum only. A lovely little Schiit Vali which Mr. Ganesh was kind enough to let me have.

Jul 23, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #3,611 of 4,743
I think u can try this http://www.hifivision.com/forum/
Also I am considering to let go my some of my gears
1) Audio technica Im02
2) Norne Skoll HD6500/650 Upgrade Cable.
Let me know if anyone is interested in it.

Jul 23, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #3,613 of 4,743
How is the xDuoo X2 compared to the X3, I don't mind the extra sd card slot or high output as i'll be using it with a low sensitivity headphone, which is good in terms of SQ. there are no comparisons for them?

Jul 25, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #3,614 of 4,743
  How is the xDuoo X2 compared to the X3, I don't mind the extra sd card slot or high output as i'll be using it with a low sensitivity headphone, which is good in terms of SQ. there are no comparisons for them?

Xduoo X3 is two steps above than X2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back