Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #3,556 of 4,743
  Bought the Plenue D as a 'final' portable solution (hopefully for the foreseeable future).

Now to wait for the case to be available here in India!

Congrats man. That's a great purchase. Hope you are enjoying the Plenue D. Shigzeo likes that player a lot himself. He's getting it modded by Ryuzoh for balanced output with a quiet noise floor. 

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #3,557 of 4,743
Congrats man. That's a great purchase. Hope you are enjoying the Plenue D. Shigzeo likes that player a lot himself. He's getting it modded by [COLOR=4E3C3C]Ryuzoh for balanced output with a quiet noise floor. [/COLOR]

Thanks!
Yes I'm aware about Nathan's balanced Plenue D in the works, but as it is I find it to be pretty quiet in stock SE output as well.

On a side note, the only balanced setup I've listened to is the Sony MDR Z7 & PHA3, which was very good indeed, and significantly better than its corresponding SE output.

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #3,558 of 4,743
Thanks!
Yes I'm aware about Nathan's balanced Plenue D in the works, but as it is I find it to be pretty quiet in stock SE output as well.

On a side note, the only balanced setup I've listened to is the Sony MDR Z7 & PHA3, which was very good indeed, and significantly better than its corresponding SE output.

For headphones I am totally in agreement, cause I've used it both with a balanced portable amp and a balanced desktop amp and in terms of the power output, it helps a lot. For IEMs I am not a believer of that concept, as most balanced armature driver IEMs I've used are sensitive, hissy and emit some noise if the source has OI over 1 ohm (Exception Earsonics Velvet) 

Jun 7, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #3,559 of 4,743
Hey people! feel proud to see so many fellow Indians here.

If anyone wishing to get headphones or amps - I've put mine on sale. Great opportunity to save import fees, time & money
tongue_smile.gif

Take a look  http://www.head-fi.org/t/810505/akg-yulong-matrix-brainwavz-topping-audinst-dunu-including-shipping-paypal

Anyone interested let me know. I am moving away to soon for "Naukri"

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #3,560 of 4,743
Hiii ..... i am planning to sell fiio e17k alpen 2....shipping in India.....bought in dec 2015 .....condition scratch-less and 99% new.....interested buyers contact me ....i will share pics with them on whatsapp or here.....price 8500 INR

Link for advertisment - http://www.head-fi.org/t/810757/fiio-e17k-alpen-2

Edit - Also selling sennheiser hd 598
Link for Ad - http://www.head-fi.org/t/810762/sennheiser-hd-598-ivory

Jun 13, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #3,561 of 4,743
I have bought VE Monk+ from aliexpress. Till now I am enjoying this very much. They fit nicely in my ears. The bass is very good, though being an earbud the sub-bass is less. Midrange is excellent. Treble is very good too. Their soundstage is excellent. Its bigger than my RHA in-ear headphones. I wish it could have little more isolation (I know it's an earbud). These are excellent for their price. Someday I am going to buy the Zen 2. I also like them more from Aune T1 than my iPhone. Thanks @meetpatel3686 for suggesting this to me.

Jun 14, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #3,562 of 4,743
  I have bought VE Monk+ from aliexpress. Till now I am enjoying this very much. They fit nicely in my ears. The bass is very good, though being an earbud the sub-bass is less. Midrange is excellent. Treble is very good too. Their soundstage is excellent. Its bigger than my RHA in-ear headphones. I wish it could have little more isolation (I know it's an earbud). These are excellent for their price. Someday I am going to buy the Zen 2. I also like them more from Aune T1 than my iPhone. Thanks @meetpatel3686 for suggesting this to me.

Zen 2 is totally a different ball game, same goes for Shozy Cygnus.

Jun 21, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #3,563 of 4,743
VE Monk really got many positive feedbacks around the web. My Parcel got tore open and the earphone is gone the moment it arrive at my doorstep. Pretty disappoint with the local postage service. But they claim that I have no evidence showing they stole my IEM. Now I ordered another pair thru Massdrop. Hope all goes well this time. 

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #3,564 of 4,743
VE Monk really got many positive feedbacks around the web. My Parcel got tore open and the earphone is gone the moment it arrive at my doorstep. Pretty disappoint with the local postage service. But they claim that I have no evidence showing they stole my IEM. Now I ordered another pair thru Massdrop. Hope all goes well this time. 

Whoa really sorry to hear about that. Wonder when all this nonsense regarding stealing someone else's stuff through the stupid excuse of customs checks will stop in a country like ours.

Jun 22, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #3,565 of 4,743
Yea... This is the second time. There is once where I lost a Westone 4R over an oversea postage from US. Although the seller agreed upon compensation but still, India postage is very worrying. Sometimes it all went well. But sometimes when u r unlucky:mad: btw, congrats on ur recent purchase on the Cowon Plenue. It looks decent. I am still looking for a portable solution. Although I am now going on the go with my LG V10>Campfire Orion, but sometimes when I wanna do some Web browsing or gaming, the phone tend to dry out fast. Sadly that India is carrying less brands here. Do let me know if anyone is letting go a used portable player.

Jun 25, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #3,567 of 4,743

On a lighter note: You made an audiophile out of a fool for just $5. 
wink.gif

Jun 25, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #3,568 of 4,743
Yea... This is the second time. There is once where I lost a Westone 4R over an oversea postage from US. Although the seller agreed upon compensation but still, India postage is very worrying. Sometimes it all went well. But sometimes when u r unlucky:mad: btw, congrats on ur recent purchase on the Cowon Plenue. It looks decent. I am still looking for a portable solution. Although I am now going on the go with my LG V10>Campfire Orion, but sometimes when I wanna do some Web browsing or gaming, the phone tend to dry out fast. Sadly that India is carrying less brands here. Do let me know if anyone is letting go a used portable player.

What's your ideal preference for a DAP and what's the budget? A friend is ready to sell his FiiO X5 II. Do let me know if you're interested.

EDIT - He's actually waiting to buy a new player, and would be ready to sell only after that. Sorry, but shall be on the lookout for deals online and give you a heads-up.

Jun 25, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #3,569 of 4,743
Hey guys... Centrance is selling only 25 units of their upcoming Dacportable for $199 till 1st July. MRP is $350

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dacportable-listen-to-music-everywhere--4?secret_perk_token=23e7ed32#/

Jun 25, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #3,570 of 4,743
What's your ideal preference for a DAP and what's the budget? A friend is ready to sell his FiiO X5 II. Do let me know if you're interested.

EDIT - He's actually waiting to buy a new player, and would be ready to sell only after that. Sorry, but shall be on the lookout for deals online and give you a heads-up.

Hi sir. After considering, thinking to saveup more for a better upgrade. Thinking that 15,000 cant really get a good mid tier DAP unless i stretch till around 20000. But do let me know when your friend is letting go his X5II. Maybe his price would just fall in my range of budget. :D Btw, if there are any possible trades, I have an Audio Technica IM02 to let go. Having a clean sound signature with a hint of warm. A very good IEM for vocals. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back