Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #2,702 of 4,743
I dont like that typical beyer sound signature it was also there in dt 1770. I am also inclined towards fidelio x2 its just that phillips dont want to expose them to india. N i just dont understand why? For that concern i also wrote them email. And the funny part is even the guy replied dont know why they aren't available in india. On ebay its much expensive though about 33k.
Yea i have got fiio x3k stacked with E12.
Also raghav (headphonezone) is not getting it in near future. Only hope is to get it from USA. where else its available in good price except US?

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #2,703 of 4,743
havent heard x2 yet, though intend to once i have a meet with Shreyas.

i say go for it if you can get it at mrp. x3 + e12 stack is good. i use x5 + e12 stack with akg k550. its a very good pairing. also k550 is very easy to drive.

though for akg k712 or beyer dt880 i dont think it will suffice. for them i recommend a good tube desktop amp. imo akg and beyer sound take some time to click. on first listen i found akg k550 to be average at best. but over time i have started to like it a lot. they have little richness/ lushness to them but the sound is smooth. does not wow at first listen like say shure does.

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #2,704 of 4,743
I dont like that typical beyer sound signature it was also there in dt 1770. I am also inclined towards fidelio x2 its just that phillips dont want to expose them to india. N i just dont understand why? For that concern i also wrote them email. And the funny part is even the guy replied dont know why they aren't available in india. On ebay its much expensive though about 33k.
Yea i have got fiio x3k stacked with E12.
Also raghav (headphonezone) is not getting it in near future. Only hope is to get it from USA. where else its available in good price except US?

You could try ebay. There are reputable vendors that ship abroad. Try razordogaudio and sonicelectronix

Dec 10, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #2,706 of 4,743
ok
Sure bro i will try to look into 1440. Its not that good looking set who cares about the look though!! How do u compare both against fidelio x2.

Hey Akshay, I had a listen to the Shure 1840 as suggested by Vaibhav, and they were really good. I rated the 1440 (whatever less time I spent at the store in NY) also very good, but not as good as the 1840 IMO. But since the store wasn't giving any discount on them and the 1840 was at 499US$, I ended up ordering the Fidelio online. What about the HD600/650 as options? I believe they're available at reasonable prices online.

Dec 11, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #2,707 of 4,743
Has anyone heard any good Android/Windows compatible portable DAC/AMP solutions of late. I was going to get an Oppo HA-2 but I've read it has issues with some phones, including the S6 Edge which I use.

Looking for some guidance as I'm not too sure of what's out there at the moment and want to make a more informed purchase. The Pioneer DAP is being retailed in SG and is in stock, the Onkyo one will follow in 2 weeks so those are two options that are available to me.

Dec 12, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #2,708 of 4,743
Has anyone heard any good Android/Windows compatible portable DAC/AMP solutions of late. I was going to get an Oppo HA-2 but I've read it has issues with some phones, including the S6 Edge which I use.

Looking for some guidance as I'm not too sure of what's out there at the moment and want to make a more informed purchase. The Pioneer DAP is being retailed in SG and is in stock, the Onkyo one will follow in 2 weeks so those are two options that are available to me.

Do you need dac or amp or dap or dac+amp or dac+amp+dap ? You need to narrow it down...
FiiO, iBasso dap product ranges cover all. Portable has many meaning (size, battery/power) and you are looking for PC, one suggestion would be ODAC+O2 from JDS Labs.For dac you can get venturecraft, meridien etc. For amp, stoner acoustics have sale for their tiny ruby amp b-stocks, you can also try leckerton, FiiO, iBasso.

Dec 12, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #2,709 of 4,743
A DAC+AMP that's "pocketable" so to speak. Should work with Android devices via OTG connection and a PC too. I've got the Lotoo PAW 5000, but it isn't usable as a DAC when plugged into a PC.

I wouldn't be averse to getting a second DAP if it can function as DAC when connected to my laptop at work, provided it can compete with a other DAC+AMP solutions at similar price points.

Dec 13, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #2,710 of 4,743
Let me know if anyone is planning on getting a set of budget Dac+amp combo. I have a used Aune T1 to let go. 

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Aune-T1-MK2-Tube-Driven-USB-DAC-Headphone-Amp-Latest-Version-Silver-case-finish-/331687272851?_trksid=p2054897.l5661

Some of the reviews : http://www.head-fi.org/products/aune-t1

Do let me know if anyone is interested :D 

Dec 13, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #2,711 of 4,743
 Sorry for the late reply. I hope you dont mind.

This earphone is to be priced rs3000 and to me it sounds better than its price tag suggests. Better than Soundmagic E50, VSD2S, Piston3 and even XBA-H1.
Its not bassy, has some rumble, moves some air and that's it. Doesnt go as deep as some other will but what makes it a good performer is its mid range and instrument clarity. I like its notes depth, decay and organic characteristics. Sound stage is bigger than i was expecting.

Highs are slightly more defined, elevated too and i think its highs sounds close to VSD5.

Now i have little or more experience with close to 200 earphones, rarely any of them had given me a wow moment which i had with this earphone, they sound fantastic out of the box.

I hope this helps, ask me anything you would like to know.

Hey Suman, need to know some good low budget IEMs to suggest for a friend; budget is up to 3000₹.

I've already suggested those that I've tried, like the vSonic models, Signature acoustics C12, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Dec 13, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #2,712 of 4,743
Hey guys. I am soo need of good open back headphones. One of the best i have tried is shure 1840 at hongkong airport. Besides of noisy background i could easly say those are the best i have heard. However its going beyond my budget which is 20k only but i gotta say Its pure sound!! So far i have also tried fidelio x2 (thanks to shreyasmax) akg 602 and 702 in headphonezone connect meet in delhi. Out of these fidelio is the best. I dont understand how come phillips could do such job on headphones. Anyways any one has tried akg 712 pro, so far i have read it doesnt produce that significant high frequency signature sound of akg? Beyerdynamics semi opens dt 880s or open ones 990 i have never tried suggestions on them are also welcome. So in a nut shell i need suggestions on dt 880s vs 990s vs akg 712pro vs fidelio x2. Or anyone from delhi ncr who has these has headphones allows me to try? Guys as i said i am in desperate need on good open backs. Wide natural sound but engaging. HELP ME!!

If u have a chance to listen to hp200(soundmagic)............please do.

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #2,713 of 4,743

If you can, audition chord mojo

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #2,714 of 4,743
If you can, audition chord mojo

I bought one today, was quite amazed by it. There's the "Mook" Headphone fest going on and it was about 100 Singapore Dollars off the retail price, John Franks and Rob Watts (I think I got the names right) were in town as well showing off their other stuff. Some very impressive gear on show including the old Orpheus, although I didn't have the time to check it out.

I also met a guy who runs his HD800 off the Mojo when he travels and claims it does a very decent job. They bumped up the Hugo's price recently and I didn't think it was worth the 2800 odd SGD we pay here, but the Mojo isn't far behind. It's a bit warmer than the Hugo, but still a balanced signature to my ears and couples quite nicely with my Heir 8a. For IEM usage I actually prefer it to my previous desktop solution, the HA-1. 

Ordered a toslink cable from sysconcept to pair with the PAW5000 too. Still on the hunt for a nice micro USB cable OTG cable to use with my phone, I don't like having to use an adapter and making the chain longer. 

Dec 13, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #2,715 of 4,743
Hi there fellow countrymen..I am from Kolkata.. I have joined the party a bit late, but better late than never, eh?? 
Anyway, I have been looking to buy a premium pair of HPs along with a good amp/dac combo??
I had bought the ath msr7s from amazon 6 months back, but found it way too thin for my taste and sibilant also (not too much an audiophiliac , would like to call myself a music lover though). 
I have then tried searching everywhere, and after a lot of research I think I have decided to buy the HiFiman HE 400Ss (the newest one with the silver texture.) Many have said that it doesnt have that much sub bass extension, though it can be managed with the focuspads.
I just want to know, if anyone own a pair of HE 400Ss,or have done research on them to help me out??
I am also looking to buy the right amp/dac combo for that HP?? at first I was thinking to go with  Fiio E18 (as it is easily available in INDIA), but then I came to know products like Schiit Fulla, Creative Soundblaster E5, Caying Spark C5DAC. ( amazon.com being the only option)
I am literally confused right now, and I know I maybe overthinking it, but as you we are talking about lots of money here. Gotta spend them well. 
gs1000.gif

Anyway, its so refreshing see an active Indian Community here. Keep it alive guys.

Cheers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back