Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #2,521 of 4,743
Xiaomi headphones and Piston 3.0 are going on sale tomorrow in India for 5499/- and 999/- respectively.

http://www.mi.com/in/events/in-anni/

What say? Good deal?? 

Jul 22, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #2,522 of 4,743
  Xiaomi headphones and Piston 3.0 are going on sale tomorrow in India for 5499/- and 999/- respectively.

What say? Good deal?? 

Matching the international price(somewhat) is always a good thing.
I wish the Headphone didn't look so gaudy though
redface.gif

I'll try to get an audition of the Piston 3 and compare it to the KZ EDSE (~Rs.700)

Jul 22, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #2,523 of 4,743

What say? Good deal?? 

I do not own red-dot version but I have bought Piston 3 Youth edition a month back for US$ 8 from geekbuying. Youth edition uses same driver as the red-dot one it differs only in the housing and cable (plastic housing, flat cable of YE vs partly metal housing, kevlar cord cable of Red-dot). Have read few impressions here at Headfi, those who have bought both these versions do agree that they have eerily similar/same sounding headset with only mild change in their appearances.

At the moment, internationally these are being sold between US$16 to US$22 at most e-commerce websites. So the pricing of Rs 999 do matches with that.

With over a month of usage, this is what I feel about my Piston 3 YE headsets. These are less fun sounding than my year old Piston 2. With its somewhat unorthodox design/shorter nozzle, fit can also be an issue for some users. #YMMV

Jul 22, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #2,524 of 4,743

Matching the international price(somewhat) is always a good thing.
I wish the Headphone didn't look so gaudy though
redface.gif

I'll try to get an audition of the Piston 3 and compare it to the KZ EDSE (~Rs.700)

I can compare it with KZ ed8m, and philips sho2305, for now, i like the philips more.

Jul 24, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #2,525 of 4,743
Hey Guys.
Thank you to everyone who joined us at Headphone Connect New Delhi. We had a fantastic event and we'd love to do it again!
In the meanwhile, a lot of you have been asking for Impressions to be posted from the event so i thought I'd share this video where we asked the attendees to share their impressions after the event. They also shared a little bit about the new @Audeze headphones launched in India. Do check it out.

Jul 25, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #2,526 of 4,743
Hey Guys.
Thank you to everyone who joined us at Headphone Connect New Delhi. We had a fantastic event and we'd love to do it again!
In the meanwhile, a lot of you have been asking for Impressions to be posted from the event so i thought I'd share this video where we asked the attendees to share their impressions after the event. They also shared a little bit about the new @Audeze
 headphones launched in India. Do check it out.

Haha, good of you to share, Raghav!

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #2,528 of 4,743
Hey guys, if you guys havent found out, let me inform you that soundmagic E80 is available on flipkart.

Jul 29, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #2,529 of 4,743
I am plannin to trade my Dunu Titan 1 for AKG K702 .. I wanted an EHP O2 in exchange but no response.

any opinions ?

Aug 3, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #2,530 of 4,743
So bit the bullet and took plunge for fiio x5 first gen. Ordered from headphonezone. Timely delivery, brand new piece as it was shrink wrapped. Good experience.

Got it for cheap around 17.8 k including emi charges.

First impressions are good. I am mostly interested in using it as a transport and source via line out to separate amp. Its spacious which points towards good dac implementation.

Am a big fan of minimalistic setups, and fiio> rca> amp will make a nice setup, even a desktop one. No need to use computer and separate dac.

Aug 3, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #2,531 of 4,743
So bit the bullet and took plunge for fiio x5 first gen. Ordered from headphonezone. Timely delivery, brand new piece as it was shrink wrapped. Good experience.

Got it for cheap around 17.8 k including emi charges.

First impressions are good. I am mostly interested in using it as a transport and source via line out to separate amp. Its spacious which points towards good dac implementation.

Am a big fan of minimalistic setups, and fiio> rca> amp will make a nice setup, even a desktop one. No need to use computer and separate dac.

Way to go, my friend! You're moving fast, eh :wink:

Now what amp are you fixing your eyes on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back