Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #2,491 of 4,743
Yes i did saw a pair. Though they were custom so didnt bothered.

Thanks for that Vaibhav. And good post on the impressions by the way. I'm really even more keen to listen to your HD700 now! Hope that happens soon, and that shall hopefully coincide with our next Head-fi meet up, what say, @abhinit90?

Sure i will be getting them by next month. I am staying at same place. Let me know when.

Jul 8, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #2,492 of 4,743
Originally Posted by ShreyasMax /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm all ears for the meet
tongue.gif

There was a customwerkz IEM from the guy who brought his HD650, sadly he isn't active at any forum. Nice guy though.

Okay, that's Sagar; he was very helpful in giving advice about his HD650 and preferred pairings, and comparisons with the Audezes. Very good gentleman. He suggested I try out the HD650 with my portable setup, and the sound it put out was very good in high gain.

Jul 8, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #2,494 of 4,743
Alright, so here are the rest of my impressions of 'The Pint Room Connect' ;

And now that the pics have been posted by the wonderful folks at Headphone Zone, I'll continue from my earlier post, skip the pictures (because you know, they're crappy), and move on to the other interests at The Pint Room on Sunday. And by this I mean more headphones, of course; the beer & pizza was taken for granted.

Let's start with V-Moda; I tried the M-100 on and immediately liked the sound. Thought to myself that this is the perfect example of an immediately & universally likeable sound, if there ever was one. But somehow I couldn't be patient enough to listen critically, need some more time, as with any new headphone demo.
Didn't listen to the XS, maybe I should've, but I've made a new friend in Mr Aniel, who apparently has almost my exact taste in music, and who also happens to have all the new V-Moda cans at his disposal - the M100, XS and LP2! So I've a place to go to listen to V-Modas, if I so choose.

Moving on, the RHA T20 was another of the main highlights of the day; the folks waited to take turns listening to them, forming first impressions. I certainly had RHA very high on my target list a couple of months ago, eyeing their MA750 after losing my old Vsonic VSD1S at a local exhibition. But then I settled for the Havi B3 Pro 1, which in my opinion are brilliant for the price. I've been happy with them, and not being an IEM'er, I do not wish to upgrade to a mid tier IEM in the near future. But after listening to the RHA T20, (and in spite of yours truly making an utterly forgettable first appearance on YouTube) initial impressions or not, I did like them immensely. And I've certainly enjoyed using foam tips ever since my Vsonic VSD1S, and I cannot seem to get any kind of fit or seal or good sound out of stock silicone tips anymore.

So after putting on some Comply foam tips on to the T20, the fit, seal and sound were all very good indeed. I certainly wish Raghav and co. would send out a pair for a review tour! These were very tempting indeed!

And finally, one of my favourite listens of the day - after the Audezes of course - the HD650 plugged into my portable setup. I was genuinely surprised at the quality output from my X3 1st gen + E12A combo on high gain; the volume dial was probably on halfway mark, and I was really enjoying my listen. This is a great combo, I thought to myself. And then I approached the gentleman who had brought the HD650 along. He told me that in his opinion, the HD650 sounded about 80% as good as he's heard through any desktop setup, directly out of his FiiO X5 1st gen. As if this wasn't good news enough, he added that adding a powerful and top class portable amplifier could then take the performance closer to 90%, which was just brilliant. This also matches the opinion of another head-fier in Canada who goes by the user name of hakushondaimao, who also felt the HD650 was driven very well by the X3+E12A combination. So I'm hoping to make use of my trip to the US later this year to listen to this, as well as the Fidelio X2, in order to make an educated purchase after a comparison.

I really didn't try out the other headphones and IEM's at the meet, and wish there was more time available to savour each headphone, IEM, player, amp and DAC to my heart's content, apart from meeting new folks, interacting with the really nice organizers, enjoying a good pint along with a good pizza, on a lazy Sunday.
Ah, if only..

Before I end, another nice touch is the Mixtape HD music CD collection, which promotes independent artists' music through high quality audio files compiled into a CD. Hi-five to Raghav and co. for this bit of really good work from their part.

All things considered, here's to a brilliant initiative, and I personally think this is the right way to go to popularize this hobby of ours. Big cheers to everyone involved, let's do it again soon!

Jul 12, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #2,495 of 4,743
FK has nice discounts on AT headphone today : http://www.flipkart.com/mobiles-accessories/pr?sid=tyy&offer=b%3Amp%3Ac%3A059f569a02.&icmpid=clp_ban_1_b%3Amp%3Ac%3A059f569a02.&otracker=ch_vn_headphones_promowidget_banner_0_image

Jul 13, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #2,496 of 4,743
Alright, so here are the rest of my impressions of 'The Pint Room Connect' ;

Nice report Shreyas. You should consider writing a review or two
beerchug.gif

@everyone
Fine let's watch Shreyas in action
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #2,498 of 4,743
Nice report Shreyas. You should consider writing a review or two :beerchug:

@everyone
Fine let's watch Shreyas in action :D

Haha, thanks for the compliment buddy, appreciate it.
And thanks for the thinly veiled insult as well. XD

Jul 14, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #2,499 of 4,743
I was impressed by fiio amps at headphone connect. So decided to pick a fiio e09k from headphonezone on ebay. I preffered old fiio sound, and these may be last few as new e9 seems to be in works. So, pleased with purchase. Lets see how their desktop component sounds.

Jul 15, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #2,504 of 4,743
And if you believe earphonia, he prefers im-50 over the T20.
biggrin.gif
He is a bit harsh on them.

Jul 15, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #2,505 of 4,743

That's great, Suman. Can't wait to hear 'real' first impressions. :wink:

So who bought out all the RHA T20s?

Guys... We've got a few demo pieces of the RHA T20.. (The same ones we carried to Headphone Connect, New Delhi). Do let me know incase you'd like to try them out for a few days and we can have them sent down to you. And it'd be nice if you could write a short review as well. :) 

In the meanwhile... Heres @ShreyasMax, @VaibhavP and others sharing their 'first' impressions of the RHA T20 at Headphone Connect New Delhi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back