Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #2,507 of 4,743
And who would not like to try these twice!!
wink.gif

Jul 15, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #2,508 of 4,743

Now that's more like it, Raghav!

Like I had already shared earlier, it would do justice to pen down first impressions only after a sufficient listen, at least a couple days, if not more, in my opinion.

So here's hoping you'll pack out a pair of T20's with their destinations marked as the (so called) Millenium City. :D

This would also help yours truly contribute in a more substantial amount towards posting something worthwhile, instead of posting random jibber jabber, which I normally do.

Jul 15, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #2,510 of 4,743
I was impressed by fiio amps at headphone connect. So decided to pick a fiio e09k from headphonezone on ebay. I preffered old fiio sound, and these may be last few as new e9 seems to be in works. So, pleased with purchase. Lets see how their desktop component sounds.

That's great Vaibhav, I'd like to try out my E07k, currently lying unused, decked onto the E09k. Headfonia had posted a very positive review indeed on the pairing:

http://www.headfonia.com/e7e9-reloaded-andes-and-qogir/

Jul 15, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #2,515 of 4,743

i am wondering how close will it get to deckard in terms of detail. if it falls way short, it will be disappointing. 

Whoa, I don't really think we should expect Deckard-level performance from the humble FiiO combo, my friend! 
I seriously doubt it. But I do believe our setup should come close to the performance of a potent mid tier desktop setup, both in terms of power and quality. 
And I shouldn't comment much further, as I'm yet to listen to a top end desktop setup. 

Now I'm sure that I'll book a demo listening session with Headphone Zone if I'm anywhere in their vicinity, and compare the Deckard at peace. Only then can one truly gauge the potential of these top tier devices, IMO.

Jul 15, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #2,516 of 4,743

Whoa, I don't really think we should expect Deckard-level performance from the humble FiiO combo, my friend! 
I seriously doubt it. But I do believe our setup should come close to the performance of a potent mid tier desktop setup, both in terms of power and quality. 
And I shouldn't comment much further, as I'm yet to listen to a top end desktop setup. 

Now I'm sure that I'll book a demo listening session with Headphone Zone if I'm anywhere in their vicinity, and compare the Deckard at peace. Only then can one truly gauge the potential of these top tier devices, IMO.

i did tried deckard with a close back hps for 2-3 songs. i at least understand ballpark of its performance. 

lets see how far off fiio is. it will give an idea where to invest further, if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back