Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #2,461 of 4,743
  Very nice to meet you @wrathzombie, a fellow HiFiMAN fan. I forgot to ask, did you have your RE262 on you at the meet? Please say no, so I don't have to kick myself.
Did you happen to try the Titan 1 I had brought along, for metal?

In a way, I do see what you mean. I did the 25-75 jump with the RE400. Only difference being, it's made me more enthusiastic in my search for that end-game setup
biggrin.gif

PS: Paste these impressions on the meet thread too.

Hey no, I dont have the RE-262 anymore. Back in 2013, The cables gave in and then I sent it for Custom Re-shelling but there was a shipment issue and I lost them.

Oh and I did try the Titan, they were good but I personally preferred the RE-400. I am not good with describing the sound but they were so Non-Harsh and mellow..

Jun 24, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #2,462 of 4,743
  Hey no, I dont have the RE-262 anymore. Back in 2013, The cables gave in and then I sent it for Custom Re-shelling but there was a shipment issue and I lost them.

Oh and I did try the Titan, they were good but I personally preferred the RE-400. I am not good with describing the sound but they were so Non-Harsh and mellow..

Yikes
confused_face.gif
. Lost in shipment?!

Non-harsh is a very accurate description of the RE400
smile.gif

Also they manage to sound smooth and delicate without any detail loss.
And the new reduced 79$ price, bumps it's value to a higher level than it was before(which was already high to begin with).
But you should know that the build quality hasn't really improved over the old RE series. I and many others, luckily, have not had any major issues. Only small dab-of-glue ones for me. But the dedicated thread is littered with reports of failed jacks, cables and reliefs.

Jun 24, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #2,463 of 4,743
  Yikes
confused_face.gif
. Lost in shipment?!

Non-harsh is a very accurate description of the RE400
smile.gif

Also they manage to sound smooth and delicate without any detail loss.
And the new reduced 79$ price, bumps it's value to a higher level than it was before(which was already high to begin with).
But you should know that the build quality hasn't really improved over the old RE series. I and many others, luckily, have not had any major issues. Only small dab-of-glue ones for me. But the dedicated thread is littered with reports of failed jacks, cables and reliefs.

Yeah, so at that time there was this small time custom manufacturer from US. I think ayaflo also dealt with him. He said he could do a reshell of the RE-262. Since, the cable already had issues I sent it to him. There was a thread also, but the guy was not able to fulfill many orders and eventually Mods deleted the thread.. It was quite cheap too 90 or 100 dollars for custom reshells from what I remember. 

Jun 24, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #2,464 of 4,743
@wrathzombie, I had the same problem when I first got into high-end listening. I drove close to 300 miles to listen to HD-800 and was disappointed. I was disappointed with Orpheus system as well at first and also the STAX systems. I was so used to listening to music a certain way that my mind could not get around the other presentations. This was some time in early 2010.

In early 2012, I had the opportunity to go to San Francisco Meet. I carried my HiFiMan LE-5 and the only headphone that I thought bettered my LE-5 was the HiFiMan HE6 that too on a Cavalli Amplifier.

When I left US in 2012 is when I finally got a HD-800 because I felt that I'd never be able to get it otherwise and I also got a Lehmann BLC. That really showed me how good HD-800 can be but it took a bit of cleansing my palette to really get HD-800.

Like @raghavsomani explained in the meet, the jump is not as drastic at the higher end of the spectrum but once you get used to music in a certain way, there is absolutely no going back. This is applicable at all levels. It took me ages to cough up money to buy HD-800 and then Chord Hugo but now I have spent some time with the combination, there is just no going back only ahead :)::AK 240/380:::).

Jun 24, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #2,465 of 4,743
Hey Guys..
Thank you so much to everyone who came to Headphone Connect, Bangalore and made it a fantastic evening! There wasn't even an inch of table space left that wasn't completely covered in Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs and players of all shapes and sizes. Any more and I think we may have had to use the floor! What's amazing is that so many of us met each other for the first time in person. Big shoutouts to @sree - The father figure mad-scientist with his insane Rigs. @wrathzombie and @rajeevrn - The most patient listeners in the room, and @getclikinagas - The IEM connoisseur who gave literally every piece of gear a very thorough test. And ofcourse special thanks to the team from Arbor Brewing Company - Bangalore's most happening venue, for having all of us on Sunday evening. 

Here are some pics from the event :) And of all the pics are uploaded on FB here:https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.908073889231225

Jun 24, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #2,467 of 4,743
Awesome photos. Thanks for sharing it.

Wish I was there too, next year I should be back and will be able to bring along Devialet 120->HE-6 

Jun 25, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #2,468 of 4,743
Jun 26, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #2,469 of 4,743

Hello Everyone.
After two amazing meetups in Mumbai and Bangalore its time to hit New Delhi ! Needless to say that put together - Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Ghaziabad and Faridabad, the NCR Region has a huge number of audiophiles and Head-Fiers, and we're hoping to get a fantastic group coming together for a Meetup like no other.

For those who weren't following this thread, Headphone Connect a Community Meetup event bringing together Audiophiles, Head-Fiers, and Headphone enthusiasts. It's all about interaction and discovery. A BYOG - Bring Your Own Gear Event; novices and seasoned audiophiles are welcome to share how they listen. It'll allow for everyone there to really try out and compare al the best headphones, players and amplifiers used by Head-Fiers in India,

Our location partner in New Delhi - The Pint Room, Vasant Vihar is the city's most happening Beer Cafe serving the capitals' finest selection of handpicked Beers from all over the world, paired with some amazing finger food. It promises to be a fantastic venue. 

Please do join us at 3:00pm (sharp), 5th July 2015 at The Pint Room, Vasant Vihar. Theres a little bit more detail out here: http://www.headphonezone.in/pages/headphone-connect

Please RSVP by clicking on this link and filling out a short RSVP formhttp://goo.gl/forms/ayCFSoQJ8d

I hope to see you guys in Delhi!

Thank you,
Raghav Somani

Jun 26, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #2,470 of 4,743
Any one hear the Soundmagic E80? 

Jun 26, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #2,471 of 4,743

[COLOR=363636]Our location partner in New Delhi - The Pint Room[/COLOR][COLOR=363636], Vasant Vihar is the city's most happening Beer Cafe serving the capitals' finest selection of handpicked Beers from all over the world, paired with some amazing finger food. It promises to be a fantastic venue. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=363636]Please do join us at 3:00pm (sharp), 5th July 2015 at The Pint Room, Vasant Vihar. Theres a little bit more detail out here: [/COLOR]http://www.headphonezone.in/pages/headphone-connect

Please RSVP by clicking on this link and filling out a short RSVP formhttp://goo.gl/forms/ayCFSoQJ8d

I hope to see you guys in Delhi!

Thank you,
Raghav Somani

Looking forward to it. Bring'em on!

Jun 29, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #2,473 of 4,743
Currently a good portion of my music file format is 16-44 WAV and 16 bit FLAC and I am quite happy with that. 

Could anyone suggest where I can buy higher resolution files for Indian music (Mostly Illayaraja and Hindi classics)? 

Also, is this worthwhile pursuit, considering the recording quality?

Cheers.

Jul 1, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #2,474 of 4,743
  Currently a good portion of my music file format is 16-44 WAV and 16 bit FLAC and I am quite happy with that. 

Could anyone suggest where I can buy higher resolution files for Indian music (Mostly Illayaraja and Hindi classics)? 

Also, is this worthwhile pursuit, considering the recording quality?

Cheers.

24-96 khz is a good improvement over 16-44. it mainly increases smoothness and improves inner details. good to have but expensive. i suggest pursuing it after your endgame setup is complete and before investing in cables.

Jul 2, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #2,475 of 4,743
Thanks for answering.  The bigger question for me is where can I buy 24-96 files of Indian music, where most of my listening is. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back