Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #1,802 of 4,743
iBasso D-Zero Mk2 looks like a good VFM DAC/amp. For $120 looks excellent.  

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ibasso-audio-d-zero-mk2/reviews/12034

I have requested for these in Massdrop now that Titan 1 is coming my way. Would you guys care to help?

Any other suggestions? $100 is my limit but if the VFM for that amount extra is worth it then I am willing to look.

Thanks,

Feb 18, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #1,803 of 4,743
Feb 18, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #1,804 of 4,743
Thanks Suman.

Feb 18, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #1,805 of 4,743
Hi all,

we are really working on the planar mags and at the moment we have a few who prefer headphones and the other half who prefer speakers. I am flabbergasted. The design is essentially planar magnetic since it is the easiest to make relative the bandwidth of FR.

I got 4 people who are interested in this idea and I am pretty sure we will be following up with this soon. I am to take a survey of 10 people online who prefer what and why?

I know here people(audiophiles) prefer headphones but it is a natural tendency to move towards a more 'open' sound and towards better 'soundstage'.

Given this.....I would like to know your opinions:

1. Sound Quality
2. Aesthetics
3. VFM
4. Ergonomics/ Convenience
5. Technology

Please rank the above per your preference.

Eg. If you prefer VFM and New technology over everything else then it is
35124 or 35142.

I know it is not the most orderly survey but your opinions matter!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Feb 18, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #1,806 of 4,743
I dont qualify to put my word out on planar headphones but as a basic thing Sound quality should be the top priority, then comes ergonomics and convenience, if not comfortable , it gets hard to enjoy the music, asthetis is not a big point for an audiophile bit can be considered.

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #1,807 of 4,743
  Hi all,

we are really working on the planar mags and at the moment we have a few who prefer headphones and the other half who prefer speakers. I am flabbergasted. The design is essentially planar magnetic since it is the easiest to make relative the bandwidth of FR.

I got 4 people who are interested in this idea and I am pretty sure we will be following up with this soon. I am to take a survey of 10 people online who prefer what and why?

I know here people(audiophiles) prefer headphones but it is a natural tendency to move towards a more 'open' sound and towards better 'soundstage'.

Given this.....I would like to know your opinions:

1. Sound Quality
2. Aesthetics
3. VFM
4. Ergonomics/ Convenience
5. Technology

Please rank the above per your preference.

Eg. If you prefer VFM and New technology over everything else then it is
35124 or 35142.

I know it is not the most orderly survey but your opinions matter!!!!!!!!!!!!1

14325 for me.

I am a little confused by 'Technology' word. Is that related to type of driver(s) and count of driver(s) ?

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #1,808 of 4,743
I dont qualify to put my word out on planar headphones but as a basic thing Sound quality should be the top priority, then comes ergonomics and convenience, if not comfortable , it gets hard to enjoy the music, asthetis is not a big point for an audiophile bit can be considered.

The survey is to know if you prefer headphones to speakers or vice versa and why....and the parameters are just an idea on what you can base your opinion on. Of course you can bring your own notions and thoughts into it.

Its not necessarily planar vs other types.

My.sample space consists of 10 people from Head-fi.org who naturally classify as audiophiles and the other 10 from.my college who prefer spotify and earpods. :p

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #1,809 of 4,743
14325 for me.

I am a little confused by 'Technology' word. Is that related to type of driver(s) and count of driver(s) ?

Something like that. There is a wholewhole lot of people who would like to have the newest technology in their pockets.like Bluetooth headphones or portable speakers.

The option of SQ is redundant because I am essentially asking in a forum where everyone is behind the best SQ possible, however I think it should be as I prefer VFM to be top priority even over SQ because good quality audio is not clearly defined by price today.

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #1,810 of 4,743
Something like that. There is a wholewhole lot of people who would like to have the newest technology in their pockets.like Bluetooth headphones or portable speakers.

The option of SQ is redundant because I am essentially asking in a forum where everyone is behind the best SQ possible, however I think it should be as I prefer VFM to be top priority even over SQ because good quality audio is not clearly defined by price today.

Oh.. I get it now. 

I had thought of putting VFM at the top (as you said SQ field shouldn't have been asked to categorize) but as per my view (IEM based) ergonomics are really important since getting a good fit and a decent, no memory tangle free cable is a must.
Ergonomics factor's importance though, is a little lower for headphones and even lower for Speakers. 

Feb 19, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #1,811 of 4,743

Keep the ratio better, even if priced higher, keep the performance over the mark and it will do good. Dont forget to advertise.
It really depends upon your motive, If you want to sell more or you want to impress more.

It seems like i am in a dangerous mood today so lets get to the real thing.

I might not buy more then two speaker sets but i might buy many headphones. Its a psychological thing.
  I will go for a headphone because its personal, and when people are around you cant turn your speakers on cuz specially here in india people are not much open to these songs and even if they are, they might not accept it most of the time. They will lable you a noisy disturbing neighbor with your speakers on.
  And i feel headphones can pump small details better as minor instruments can get unnoticed and it can be difficult to get a hold of at times.
  But then speakers have a more open sound. Good speaks, not those 5-6k speakers. they just cant layer things and presentation is just not to the mark. Where a 5-6k headphone like srh440 or hd449 will do better in this prospect.
  But when it gets up in the price chart, speakers can blow headphones away. And the best i have heard is bose bookshelf speakers and some kef priced in six figures in inr.
  But for a good budget like 20-25k inr or lower i will like to see a good headphone from your Quiver.

So headphone it is.

Headphone should give priorities to ergonomics and speakers to aesthetics, Cuz a speaker shound look better and should be more presentable as it will be exposed to many, from friends to family and a good looking speaker will have them impressed.

About those things like you said BT and portability, its not exactly necessary. Go hard at sound quality and these things might get lost in the background.
Then you should set your target market and go on with these things. And these days even for a full speaker, BT option will be a nice feature. NFC and aptx and on and on.

Feb 19, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #1,812 of 4,743
Yesterday I downloaded Neutron Music Player on my Android phone. For some reason the SQ is a LOT better with it compared to PowerAMP. On both the players I've already disabled all kinds of enhancements.

Can someone check this and confirm? Maybe phone/chipset/processor specific as well but it's a sure things that SQ has improved a lot.

Oh, the navigation and UI sucks though... hope they could have done this better. 

Feb 21, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #1,813 of 4,743
Hello Friends, I am willing to sell out Fiio E11 Headphone Amplifier. Condition is excellent, Battery backup still more than 8 hours with High power and High Gain Settings.
My cousin is upgrading to God knows what amplifier hence would like to sell out.

It was bought from Pristine Note on November 2013. Not much used as I know my cousin is more of Desktop Amp Fan.

Asking 2500/- Shipped ...

Have given Ad on OLX also ..

p.s. - I don't want to keep it as I have Electric Avenues PA2V2. courtesy Shreyasmax

Feb 21, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #1,814 of 4,743
  Yesterday I downloaded Neutron Music Player on my Android phone. For some reason the SQ is a LOT better with it compared to PowerAMP. On both the players I've already disabled all kinds of enhancements.

Can someone check this and confirm? Maybe phone/chipset/processor specific as well but it's a sure things that SQ has improved a lot.

Oh, the navigation and UI sucks though... hope they could have done this better. 

I remember trying out the Neutron player on my old Xperia arc phone more than 2 years ago, and noticing the same instant increase in SQ over Poweramp. Its very surprising to note that the UI still hasn't improved, as per your observation that is. I currently do not own an Android phone and hence can't verify if the SQ differences are still the same. But I can confirm that provided your phone is of a mid to high tier device, Neutron player should be able to squeeze out every bit of available power to produce a very good sound indeed, maybe at the cost of some battery life. 

Maybe some current android users can help you out here.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back