Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #721 of 4,743

the word is that zx750 is not better then zx700 , lachlan has a video on this , zx700 is a awesome phone for its price . top notch build , magnesium it is made of and made in thailand and sound is good if you can forgive the slight tin like presentation .

I had ZX700 and it has plastic cups. Only ZX1000 has magnesium cups and ZX700 is similar to MDR V6, but with velour pads, MDR V6 is an excellent option.

Aug 14, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #722 of 4,743
Before getting the D340, I was checking practically every audio dealer in South Delhi for any available stock of the ZX700. Sadly, there was none. And to think there was a time not too long ago (when said item was available) when I used to think that 5990 INR was too expensive! 

How times (read ear-times) change!

Do share your impressions in reference to a system you have or perhaps other cans.

Regards,

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #723 of 4,743

Before getting the D340, I was checking practically every audio dealer in South Delhi for any available stock of the ZX700. Sadly, there was none. And to think there was a time not too long ago (when said item was available) when I used to think that 5990 INR was too expensive! 

How times (read ear-times) change!

Shreyas:

What sort of high end HPs do the Delhi stores carry ? Same query for DACs.

Thanks

Aug 14, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #724 of 4,743
  I had ZX700 and it has plastic cups. Only ZX1000 has magnesium cups and ZX700 is similar to MDR V6, but with velour pads, MDR V6 is an excellent option.

v6 is not available in india bro , sorry .

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #725 of 4,743

both for same ? how ? sr850 is 2400 something and d340 is 4900 something .

thats from shreyasmax help but i dont think its a new one
  Wow, did you say you got a deal for 2300 INR for D340, was it from Audioline Mumbai? If so, you owe me a big thanks, am I right? :)

yes BIG THANKS fr you buddy!
  Wow, did you say you got a deal for 2300 INR for D340, was it from Audioline Mumbai? If so, you owe me a big thanks, am I right? :

Yes the z1000....like I said I am serving from memory ... User wrathzombie has it! It came out for 29900 but then went down to 20900 and was available till recent for 14990!

Good phone... Ganesh get a zx700 if you can find it...remember my audition with them.. Built real good!
And everything is tin like once you hear some electrostatic cans..but you gotta start somewhere!

Chao

its too costly comparatively..D340 is good right

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #726 of 4,743
  Shreyas:

What sort of high end HPs do the Delhi stores carry ? Same query for DACs.

Thanks

Well, from what I've seen so far, most mainstream stores like Music Land (Saket DLF Place), Audio Voice (Lajpat Nagar), and some Croma outlets etc only stock the major brands like Sennheiser, Sony etc. But one good thing to note is that Music Land & Croma (some stores only) do have fairly high end HP's like the Momentum, Sony MDR-1R series, Monster Inspiration, B*^%s, Bang & Olufsen (H3, H6), Bowers & Wilkins (P5), Harman Kardon CL-models etc for demo which is a pretty good thing. The bad thing, though, is that the noisy store doesn't generally give you a good idea of the sound quality. 

As for DAC's, I've never seen one at any of the stores (mainstream ones) I've mentioned. Only my good friend who's into High end speakers ,might know if the stores he visits stock high end personal audio products like HP's and DAC's. 

Say, are you interested in opening a store or something, Mr Ganesh?  :) Is the situation down in T.N any different? I started my own little interest into headphones through a good friend of mine, who introduced me to Smartshoppers (e-commerce store) based in Chennai, and we used to  go to their warehouse near Nungambakkam and select little mp3 players (Japanese brand called YES -  dunno if anyone's used them here) and budget Sennheiser earbuds on the cheap! Ah...those were the days..

Aug 15, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #729 of 4,743
 guys , athpro500 from flipkart is for under 4800 now , grab it if you want to .

Aug 15, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #730 of 4,743
 guys , athpro500 from flipkart is for under 4800 now , grab it if you want to .

Remember listening to the ath pro 700 mk2 ... One of my worst experiences!

Aug 16, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #731 of 4,743

Well, from what I've seen so far, most mainstream stores like Music Land (Saket DLF Place), Audio Voice (Lajpat Nagar), and some Croma outlets etc only stock the major brands like Sennheiser, Sony etc. But one good thing to note is that Music Land & Croma (some stores only) do have fairly high end HP's like the Momentum, Sony MDR-1R series, Monster Inspiration, B*^%s, Bang & Olufsen (H3, H6), Bowers & Wilkins (P5), Harman Kardon CL-models etc for demo which is a pretty good thing. The bad thing, though, is that the noisy store doesn't generally give you a good idea of the sound quality. 

As for DAC's, I've never seen one at any of the stores (mainstream ones) I've mentioned. Only my good friend who's into High end speakers ,might know if the stores he visits stock high end personal audio products like HP's and DAC's. 

Say, are you interested in opening a store or something, Mr Ganesh?  :) Is the situation down in T.N any different? I started my own little interest into headphones through a good friend of mine, who introduced me to Smartshoppers (e-commerce store) based in Chennai, and we used to  go to their warehouse near Nungambakkam and select little mp3 players (Japanese brand called YES -  dunno if anyone's used them here) and budget Sennheiser earbuds on the cheap! Ah...those were the days..

Looks like apart from the Senns...very few others have products to sell here (names that we know of....). I've seen some Beyers in addition (models numbers I can't even remember). In fact I had a funny email from Sankar (co-head at Audez'e) who thought I was one of two or three people in India to own the LCD-3. India is big into surround systems generally from my discussions with a couple of "high end" dealers in Chennai FWIW. The guy thought I was crazy when I asked him for stereo set-ups and then proceeded to show me JBL speakers for 8 lakhs. 

Oh I am definitely not planning to set up any store any time. I don't have the inventory nor do I have a sense for what sells. The looks I got when I showed my very good friend the LCD-3 said it all.

Aug 17, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #732 of 4,743
Guys and gals,

those who have the HD 800 should try it out with the Vali. A good DAC is very helpful. For the $120, the little amp is a beautiful match for the Senns. Let me know if you get to hear both of them.

Aug 18, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #733 of 4,743
Finally! BCL arrived today. Spent a few hours with the HD800.

Quite an improvement over the apollo twin headphone out, was a bit cold to start with, once warm this thing got smooth and warm in the midrange, drums are fantastic, really enjoying the tone of overdriven guitars for the first time on these cans. Money well spent I think. Amp is like mint but nicely broken in. Too many things to like about the sound.

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #734 of 4,743
HI,

Moving out of the country so selling these:
HE 400+ E17+E09K combo for INR 21,000.
MRP of this combo is 35K+.
All components are 6-7 months old. Prefer to sell all three together as they are a good pairing.

Interested buyers can PM me. Mumbai buyers preferred.

ON A SIDE NOTE
Has anyone tried out the IE 800 or SE 846?? would love to hear ur impressions if you have.

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #735 of 4,743
  HI,

Moving out of the country so selling these:
HE 400+ E17+E09K combo for INR 21,000.
MRP of this combo is 35K+.
All components are 6-7 months old. Prefer to sell all three together as they are a good pairing.

Interested buyers can PM me. Mumbai buyers preferred.

ON A SIDE NOTE
Has anyone tried out the IE 800 or SE 846?? would love to hear ur impressions if you have.

i had a brief ie800 encounter and i can say that it had too much bass to my taste , as much as fx40 but more refined and better control , mids were good , nice sound stage with some fantastic separation , highs do have a few spikes but not sibilant , sounds big warm and powerful . far from balanced but really fun to listen , not power hungry enough , the construction is awkward , unusual shape , cable is short so there is a extension cable . not good with microphonics too .
 i will buy this but for under 25k , not over that , if i have to pay north ward to 30k i will surely go for a custom or westone W50 or 60 .
 and under that i think dn-2000 is fantastic , still far from neutral .
 Where are you going ? if to some 1st and 2nd world countries , you can get some really nice brands there .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back