Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #361 of 4,743
I've always wondered what's the deal with the disappearance of 600 in India but when it's available in other regions. Thanks for clearing things up. So how much he is asking for 600 and 580?  

I am still waiting for his reply for the pricing and stuff , will give him some days before I call him again

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #362 of 4,743
I propose a HD800 listening session except you guys fly to Chennai. I've got a killer amp to listen to it as well :grin:

Man...What would I give to visit your place and audition all the Awesome equipment that you own 
rolleyes.gif

I too am afraid (as someone mentioned) that the Stax might spoil me forever!! 

BTW, @vaibhavp @abhinit90 : If all goes well, we'll be able to audition the HD800 on Friday/Saturday at the Sennheiser showroom 
L3000.gif

Who knows, I might like them this time!

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #363 of 4,743
  Man...What would I give to visit your place and audition all the Awesome equipment that you own 
rolleyes.gif

BTW, @vaibhavp @abhinit90 : If all goes well, we'll be able to audition the HD800 on Friday/Saturday at the Sennheiser showroom 
L3000.gif

can you please send me showroom address. I can come if possible.

i just called sennheiser office (found no from net), they said they don't do audition.

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #364 of 4,743
rolleyes.gif

L3000.gif

Friday is working, however Saturday is GO! GO! GO! I thank you for your efforts, Kudos sir.

Even I'm scared of Stax, moreso because it'll take me quite some time to reach that level

Apr 2, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #366 of 4,743

can you please send me showroom address. I can come if possible.

i just called sennheiser office (found no from net), they said they don't do audition.

http://en-in.sennheiser.com/service-support-contact-service-centers-in-india  >> It's in the Time Tower building, opposite to the Central Mall. 

Please leave your contact info in my inbox, and I'll call you if the audition materializes...

Friday is working, however Saturday is GO! GO! GO! I thank you for your efforts, Kudos sir.

Even I'm scared of Stax, moreso because it'll take me quite some time to reach that level

The probability on Friday was more...since I have found on several occasions, almost half the staff at the Sennheiser Gurgaon office, on Saturday, is on leave!  But, I'll try my best...
And, please don't call me Sir !!
redface.gif
  I am still pursuing my Bachelors degree...

Apr 2, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #367 of 4,743

http://en-in.sennheiser.com/service-support-contact-service-centers-in-india  >> It's in the Time Tower building, opposite to the Central Mall. 

Please leave your contact info in my inbox, and I'll call you if the audition materializes...

The probability on Friday was more...since I have found on several occasions, almost half the staff at the Sennheiser Gurgaon office, on Saturday, is on leave!  But, I'll try my best...
And, please don't call me Sir !!
redface.gif
  I am still pursuing my Bachelors degree...

Check your inbox :)

Ok sir :p

Feel free to get it organized on a Friday if others can attend it, I don't want it to suffer for anyone else. I can't reach before 7pm on a Friday as my office is pretty far from gurgaon.

Apr 3, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #368 of 4,743
 i just bought the HD 598. I am loving the sound so far
but i think the right channel sounds a little soft.
most of the music plays on the left channel.
is it the instrument separation or my pair is defective?
i plugged them into different sources with different songs. it's not the source. that's for sure
my grado's both left and right channel are perfectly balanced.
but the hd 598 seems a little louder on the left channel.

Apr 3, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #369 of 4,743
 i just bought the HD 598. I am loving the sound so far
but i think the right channel sounds a little soft.
most of the music plays on the left channel.
is it the instrument separation or my pair is defective?
i plugged them into different sources with different songs. it's not the source. that's for sure
my grado's both left and right channel are perfectly balanced.
but the hd 598 seems a little louder on the left channel.

I've never experienced left channel loudness with my 598. If you want, I can check it for you if you give me a small sample of the audio file.

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #370 of 4,743
Guys.....Flipkart has started selling the entire KOSS range......including the electrostatic ESP950. Pricing is atrocious though INR 1.1 Lakh!
Linking below for the convenience of the of the financially better off :p

http://www.flipkart.com/koss-esp950-wired-headphones/p/itmd4tpzg79zhvwv?pid=ACCD4TPYUSVCUFVV&otracker=from-search&srno=t_2&query=koss&ref=f85d4f41-9cbc-4742-afa9-3e03f8d58f73

Apr 5, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #371 of 4,743
  Guys.....Flipkart has started selling the entire KOSS range......including the electrostatic ESP950. Pricing is atrocious though INR 1.1 Lakh!
Linking below for the convenience of the of the financially better off :p

http://www.flipkart.com/koss-esp950-wired-headphones/p/itmd4tpzg79zhvwv?pid=ACCD4TPYUSVCUFVV&otracker=from-search&srno=t_2&query=koss&ref=f85d4f41-9cbc-4742-afa9-3e03f8d58f73

Not really... after I bought my Stax SR007 mk1, paid shipping and customs etc, I paid more ! 

Apr 5, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #373 of 4,743

Wisest to know destination before starting journey. Too many paths without an end defined wastes resources. Learn, commit, attain, nirvana.

Oh, and buy used from fellow head fiers when possible.......:D The world is full of stray stereo gear. Buying new gear just overpopulates the world and causes gear control to put down perfectly good gear. Please adopt.

Apr 5, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #374 of 4,743
Wisest to know destination before starting journey. Too many paths without an end defined wastes resources. Learn, commit, attain, nirvana.

Oh, and buy used from fellow head fiers when possible.......:D The world is full of stray stereo gear. Buying new gear just overpopulates the world and causes gear control to put down perfectly good gear. Please adopt.

Respectfully disagree on all counts. Music preferences, SQ, detail, resolution etc etc evolve over time. While the destination is obvious, the paths are not. One cannot say that the ultimate goal is to buy a Stax 009 with a BHSE as technological improvement could make even these obsolete. This is a hobby; hence it is driven by budget and emotion.
On the second point, the same point of technology evolution will make buying used equipment pointless for some. A noble thought perhaps but sometimes a complete waste of money when one could be saving up for something better.
My own $ 0.02

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #375 of 4,743
Vandal again, currently in Delhi.

Inventory includes:
HD650, RS1i, A900 and SR225i cans.
DAC: audio GD Ref 5, audio GD DAC19DSP.
Amp: Little Dot Micro Tube.

About to buy an NFB-6 soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back