Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #334 of 4,743
That's probably because I convinced one of my cousins and a close friend to buy a pair of HD800 each, today afternoon 
biggrin.gif

And I reckon these prices are limited to a few units only.

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #336 of 4,743
This is how the deal works. Each piece at a time. They'll list again soon, may be in a week or two. But you won't always get the 58k combo deal though.

Seems they want to sell 4-8 units a month :smile:. But for those on the fence, I've heard enough to make my recommendation to just go for it with an eye on your other equipment as well. And sorry about your wallet.

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #338 of 4,743
  I HATE YOU

lol

no need for such strong reactions.

which amp you will be using with it?

I suggest you get hd700 instead. unless you have a amp in more than $1000 range, you wont get most out of hd800 thus keeping them at level with hd700/akg q701/ beyerdynamic dt880.

also hd800 is a very technically advanced hp, much difficult to enjoy than hd700.

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #339 of 4,743

lol

no need for such strong reactions.

which amp you will be using with it?

I suggest you get hd700 instead. unless you have a amp in more than $1000 range, you wont get most out of hd800 thus keeping them at level with hd700/akg q701/ beyerdynamic dt880.

also hd800 is a very technically advanced hp, much difficult to enjoy than hd700.

Sir, my reactions were not strong and were meant to be dramatic. Guess I should've used a smiley to portray my intentions in a better way. I'll be using it with a humble Vali which I'm told pairs well. 

Since the Hd800 costs "just" 10-15k over the HD700, for a 50k product I'd rather spend extra and get the best. 

I'm all set on buying an HD800, no issues towards you, no hatred. I delayed my decision, and if not you, it had to be someone else. Whatever happens, happens for the best witherway. My wallet can rest in peace. For the meanwhile. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #341 of 4,743
  Sir, my reactions were not strong and were meant to be dramatic. Guess I should've used a smiley to portray my intentions in a better way. I'll be using it with a humble Vali which I'm told pairs well. 

Since the Hd800 costs "just" 10-15k over the HD700, for a 50k product I'd rather spend extra and get the best. 

I'm all set on buying an HD800, no issues towards you, no hatred. I delayed my decision, and if not you, it had to be someone else. Whatever happens, happens for the best witherway. My wallet can rest in peace. For the meanwhile. 
biggrin.gif

It was not me, to whom you addressed.

I was simply suggesting a recourse.

and I believe it will go down in some time again.

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #342 of 4,743
  Whew raw emotion 
biggrin.gif
. I actually thought you were going to get it.

I didn't want to place the order at my office (call me ignorant) so I placed them in my cart (with the 58k price). As soon as I reached home and was about to place the order I saw the price had increased. KLPD :|

It was not me, to whom you addressed.

I was simply suggesting a recourse.

and I believe it will go down in some time again.

For my sake, I hope they do. I realized you weren't the original poster, but still :p

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #343 of 4,743
  I HATE YOU

As someone already said: no need for such strong emotions...
I understand that it was spoken in jest. But, still...

Anyway, I would rather audition such an expensive headphone, especially one that is said to be a little analytical and definitely not everyone's cup of tea.
FYI, Sennheiser showrooms will allow you to audition the HD800.
Moreover, you would again have to spend significant amount on a better source and amp, to make them truly shine.

But, at the end of the day, it's your money and you have the right to spend it any way you want.

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #344 of 4,743

Anyway, I would rather audition such an expensive headphone, especially one that is said to be a little analytical and definitely not everyone's cup of tea.
Moreover, you would again have to spend significant amount on a better source and amp, to make them truly shine.

But, at the end of the day, it's your money and you have the right to spend it any way you want.

If you had already realized that it was in jest and someone had already commented regarding "strong emotions", then perhaps re-iterating the same thing won't do anyone good. Or maybe you don't believe that it was in jest. And if there's one thing that I've learnt in life, it is that explanations are largely useless. But I guess we all are different.

I know I won't upgrade my source chain at the moment, so perhaps when I get the HD800 I'll get a motivation to upgrade my source chain one by one. I'm not aware of any Sennheiser showrooms that have an HD800 for auditions, guess I need to look closely. /puts on sherlock glasses

I assume you already have an HD800, any recommendations for a VFM gearing for it?

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #345 of 4,743

do you know any showroom that has hd800 for audition? in NCR area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back