Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #319 of 4,743
  has anybody read flipkart reviews of hd800? some are pure gems. hilarious.

also please add genuine reviews if possible.

I did once but took down soon. It's not worth doing there. They see you as some kind of brainless guy spending that much money in a headphone. 

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #320 of 4,743
......They see you as some kind of brainless guy spending that much money in a headphone. 

+1. And that's why it's going to be a bit longer for "our type" of HPs to become better known in India and hence marketed as such. I must say though that I found a bunch of guys in Chennai that are very big into DIY stuff. I don't have a fraction of their knowledge although they are more into full fledged audio systems.

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #321 of 4,743
^. None of them I bet ever saw the 800 in their lives :smile:

of course. my friends have some serious objections over my hd518. i wonder what will their reaction over my next purchase.

though no one has accept it to be not worth money i spent on it.

I did once but took down soon. It's not worth doing there. They see you as some kind of brainless guy spending that much money in a headphone. 

seems like it. you just can't imagine how these sound. you have to do it first hand, then only you know. and still it may not hit your preferences right. (bass light etc)

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #322 of 4,743
What surprises me is people can justify their own spending on things they love even if it cost a fortune but make fun of others when it comes to spending. Everyone has their own passion and people should respect that.   

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #323 of 4,743
What surprises me is people can justify their own spending on things they love even if it cost a fortune but make fun of others when it comes to spending. Everyone has their own passion and people should respect that.   

True. And I am also willing to bet that an overwhelming majority of Indians would consider the HPs we own as luxury and completely unnecessary. It's a social thing as well.

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #325 of 4,743
Anyway on a more relevant topic, just took delivery of a KGSSHV for my Stax. This is a beast! Reviews a little later.

Awesome but i'm still waiting for your impression between stax and 800. Atleast a small comparison about where they excel each other will be great.  

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #326 of 4,743
http://www.flipkart.com/sennheiser-hd-800-wired-headphones/p/itmcrrrwzsacsydj?pid=ACCCRRRWZSACSYDJ&cmpid=content_headphone_8965229628_gmc_pla&tgi=sem,1,G,9226359,g,search,,25683410180,1o2,,,c,,,,,,,&gclid=CPXf69m1v70CFVADvAodRF4A0Q

58K - 800 , again 

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #327 of 4,743
Awesome but i'm still waiting for your impression between stax and 800. Atleast a small comparison about where they excel each other will be great.  

I put it off until I got the Kevin Gilmore amp. The Stax 717 is a very good amp and apparently pairs very well with the 009. But the KGSSHV is supposed to be a cut above. Now that I have it and with the Zana Deux for my 800, I plan to have a ball.
You should come to Chennai one of these days. I have set it all up in my office so that I can do some critical listening. Ask Jagan.

Apr 1, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #328 of 4,743
I put it off until I got the Kevin Gilmore amp. The Stax 717 is a very good amp and apparently pairs very well with the 009. But the KGSSHV is supposed to be a cut above. Now that I have it and with the Zana Deux for my 800, I plan to have a ball.
You should come to Chennai one of these days. I have set it all up in my office so that I can do some critical listening. Ask Jagan.

I would love to do that. I think I will make it during one of my future Chennai visits hopefully. Regarding the amp, is it DIY? How much you shelled out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back