i'm new to this hobby.
don't really own high end cans.
i'm happy with my grado sr 60i
i am planning to buy the srh 840 soon
anyone here owns one?

hi,

I thought you just bought grado. you are getting addicted
deadhorse.gif

on topic, I contemplated buying them as they are decent cans and available in India (huge plus).

I have heard good things about them everywhere. I guess its a safe option.

Mar 25, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #287 of 4,743
 haha yes, can't help it.  from the HD 518 to the grado 60i and now to the srh 840 within 4 months.
whenever i read an amazing review about some can on headfi, i get too curious to try them.
also i hate it that we have limited options in India and cans available here are too expensive.

Mar 25, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #288 of 4,743
and yes, srh 840 has got really good reviews here.
i was thinking of getting the dt 880 250 ohms with an amp/dac , but faheem (some of you might know him) suggested me not to as my budget fell short for the cans along with a decent amplifier.
recently i was comparing the m50x, HD 380 and srh 840. after reading things about the srh 840 being superior to the m50x. i decided to go with the srh 840.

Mar 25, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #289 of 4,743
  and yes, srh 840 has got really good reviews here.
i was thinking of getting the dt 880 250 ohms with an amp/dac , but faheem (some of you might know him) suggested me not to as my budget fell short for the cans along with a decent amplifier.
recently i was comparing the m50x, HD 380 and srh 840. after reading things about the srh 840 being superior to the m50x. i decided to go with the srh 840.

whats your budget? imo get best headphone for your budget and invest little bit in dac/amp initially. that way you have good headphone from the start and can add amp later.

dt 880 can be imported for like 17k including delivery and customs.

its a solid choice especially if you like treble. its a worthy headphone you can create setup around. I would suggest you get it and use it with whatever amp you got right now. add a nice otl tube amp later when you have funds. 840 is good but will not scale up as well if you improve your chain.

Edit: Its not that I have heard either. My point is amp can be added later. Also Beyers have a legendary status, something shure is yet to achieve.

Mar 26, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #290 of 4,743
For any of you interested in picking up a slightly used Senn HD650, I am looking to selling mine for Rs. 15,000. The main reason is that between the HD800, the planars and the Stax, I've no time for the 650.

Let me know.

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #291 of 4,743

whats your budget? imo get best headphone for your budget and invest little bit in dac/amp initially. that way you have good headphone from the start and can add amp later.

dt 880 can be imported for like 17k including delivery and customs.

its a solid choice especially if you like treble. its a worthy headphone you can create setup around. I would suggest you get it and use it with whatever amp you got right now. add a nice otl tube amp later when you have funds. 840 is good but will not scale up as well if you improve your chain.

Edit: Its not that I have heard either. My point is amp can be added later. Also Beyers have a legendary status, something shure is yet to achieve.

Currently i have a budget of 13k. i was going to buy the dt 880 later
anyway, i can't wait to buy a new can. so going for the srh 840. i hope they are an upgrade to the sr 60i.

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #292 of 4,743
  For any of you interested in picking up a slightly used Senn HD650, I am looking to selling mine for Rs. 15,000. The main reason is that between the HD800, the planars and the Stax, I've no time for the 650.

Let me know.

that's a tempting offer. i would have bought it if i had a decent amp/dac to drive them.

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #295 of 4,743
I need help on buying CD player online for India shipping (prefer Indian web site) . I was looking for basic CD player with Memory Play (that is upon power on it plays from Track + Position where it was when switched off)

Please suggest.

Mar 28, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #297 of 4,743
  sennheiser hd800 deal is back this time at 57k

650 at 22.5k

700 at 44 k

I too noticed but a little hesitant about posting it here as i already mentioned the deal twice and some may think i'm promoting the sale. Seems like you've been watching the listing frequently like me 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #298 of 4,743
  I too noticed but a little hesitant about posting it here as i already mentioned the deal twice and some may think i'm promoting the sale. Seems like you've been watching the listing frequently like me 
smily_headphones1.gif

sure I am.

hope people dont take it that way

and be grateful we saved them a lot

or be angry that we made them spend a lot

either ways i am ok.

on side note these are damn good prices, ones I am willing to pay though not yet. much better than importing anything, even cheaper ones.

Mar 28, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #299 of 4,743
sure I am.

either ways i am ok.

on side note these are damn good prices, ones I am willing to pay though not yet. much better than importing anything, even cheaper ones.

I for one am very happy you guys pointing this out since I did get the 800 last month for 57.

Mar 28, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #300 of 4,743

sure I am.

either ways i am ok.

Indeed they are. 

I for one am very happy you guys pointing this out since I did get the 800 last month for 57.

Had any luck with the 800 cables? Right now i'm looking at Forza cables which i came to know from another thread. They have some really affordable cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back